• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Its getting late, and my workday is about to end, so I am wrapping this little development diary up for you to read :)

The artists have done a lot of work and now every country has their own unique uniforms for their troops. The map team spent a lot of time with terrain revisions, general layout as well as introducing antialiasing. The interface guys reworked the information screen for diplomacy, and also added several graphs to the ledger. The gamelogics worked on making natives more reactive, and also made maneuver a much more important stat of leaders. It now basically affects the movementspeed of the leaders unit.

eu3_oct_25.jpg

Here we see the diplomatic interface as I, playing France, is viewing an Austrian province in the netherlands. In this interface, you can see all the intricate little details about other countries, including their stability, who rules them, their advisors and ideas, as well as their diplomatic relations.

What is visible to the top right is what we currently call the “outliner”. This nifty tool is easily configurable to view the options you want at a glance, including everything from current sieges, through colonists enroute, to listings of armies and provinces. I currently have current recruitments (which lists where, type and how many days until finished), the center of trades I have a presence or is expanding in, and my current armies.

"every country has their own unique uniforms for their troops" - very nice!
"added several graphs to the ledger" - very nice too!

Question about #Rank: Is this the same thing that is in Victoria? (I mean if it depends on prestige and military power, not victory points)

P.S. And I like this font! Readable, at least.

Last edited:
Can't wait to try the new interface, it's going to be awesome. I don't like the graphics though, everything seems a bit too square'ish, and those units are huge.

Looking very nice indeed! :D

I wonder what he did to get -3 stability...

Personally, I rekon the borders & unit/province GFX look fine. Bear in mind that this is a really close zoom as well.

Nice touch with the outliner, by the way ;)

I definitely like the movement factor's new effect. I do hope movement won't be at a wholly predictable rate, & IMO this is consistent with -- though it doesn't entail -- that end.

I'm glad to see natives getting some attention. I do hope that some consideration is given to differing resistance to Old World disease and that natives in those provinces that have the resistance are not permanantly exterminable and will determine the culture of a colony, ie treat Black Africa different from the Americas, parts of South Africa and Oceania.

seboden said:
What is that small house icon to the right?

Me thinks that clicking that will return you to your capital. Just a hunch :)

trevorscott said:
The map's looking great... and it's really quite nice to see that Maximilian I is the ruler of Austria in 1503.

Yes, agreed! The only thing is, he's a King - he should be an Archduke :D

Hrm... I wonder how Embargo works?

Do you prevent them from trading with you or do you attempt to prevent them from trading with everyone else?

seboden said:
But he is playing France and Paris is in sight. Still, could be.

I don't think it matters which part of the map/world you're looking at. It'll centre the screen dead on your capital ala the "H" key in AoE III, and so on.

I've just noticed all the lovely little trees in France. I think it looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how they've modelled all the swamps and mountains and deserts and jungles of the world :)

Status
Not open for further replies.