• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had almost given up hope on seeing a diary today! But then I saw it...

Looks great, but maybe make it a wee bit more visible that it is winter. Next diary, o almighty god, I'd like to see colonization :)

tripp_trap said:
I had almost given up hope on seeing a diary today! But then I saw it...
Yes I was pleasantly surprised to be treated with the Collectors Edition announcement and a dev diary on the same day :)

Excellent. Good to see another update. I hope the AI is improved that much that we all get spanked big time :D .

Last edited:
Two suggestions:
- why only 50 years for core? that's too short
- please, remove the dice icon!! it makes the game feel more like typical board game, less like EU

thanks

balinus said:
What's the symbol for the capital province? I can't see it.

The maps have been upgraded a lot in the last month. Good job! Now it's just perfect for me :)
The crown overtop the city. Look at Auvergne for example.

Does the little skull and crossbones next to "Johan's Great Army" mean his army is suffering from attrition? Or does it indicate that they are mercenaries?

Lebowski said:
Two suggestions:
- why only 50 years for core? that's too short
- please, remove the dice icon!! it makes the game feel more like typical board game, less like EU

thanks

Because more than 50 years would mean more than 1/7th of the game, besides which for most of the game fifty years is just about right.

I like the info on cores, sounds good. :)

Lasse Nielsen said:
will winter conditions change from year to year, so as you could get an unusual mild winter in Russia or an extremely cold one in Denmark?
And if it's posible the winter was in more of a province

He, nice - A proper Avignon! Wonder I do, how that is gonna work...

Guillaume HJ said:
Because more than 50 years would mean more than 1/7th of the game, besides which for most of the game fifty years is just about right.

Ok, so now its possible for a province to be a core for even 7 different nations during a game. I dont like it but i believe this can be changed by modding.

Guillaume HJ said:
Exactly. In reality it would have taken longer and there were tons of different types of claims, but to try to go into all of those tiny details would make the game overly complex which is something the developers really want to avoid.

Ideally, the initial learning curve should allow you to be having fun right away and make it pretty intuitive to get started. To really excel at the game will still take lots of play and practice (and attention to detail) but even a complete newbie to the title should be having a blast in the first hour of play.

Selling of provinces and war subsidies... amazing! :D

And heeeeey... I think that after a few months I finally see some significant changes on the map, and I can say that its starting to looking good... now maybe just turn this province broders and shore lines softer and less squarish and put some more pixels in these flags and I'll stop complaining about the map, I swear!