• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
mandead said:
One teeny nitpick - if you're using the same GFX for the flag of a nation as you use for the coat of arms, then you should use this for Burgundy - that would be ace. It makes sense 'cus you've used this idea for Spain, England and the Netherlands - instead of the historical flags, ie, no Burgundy Cross :)

We had that one, but I preferred the cross in look :)

Johan said:
We had that one, but I preferred the cross in look :)

You can't do that :(

Please at least show us a pic of Burgundy with the coat of arms :D

EDIT: I love the new font! I hope you keep it, and it's uniform. Looks much better than the EU map font, IMO. Lovely & clear, and very professional :cool:

Last edited:
Awesome, "War Subsidies", sounds fun. :D Can't wait to find out more about that, *nods*

Flexible cores, nice! playing minors should be even more fun now.
Jeno said:
Awesome, "War Subsidies", sounds fun. :D Can't wait to find out more about that, *nods*
Yeah, i wonder whether we can subsidise two opposing sides in a war...?
Let them wear each other out

You could always make my day and confirm expeditionary forces being in the game :D

Loads of nations used them through the game's time period, and I'd love to be able to donate troops to a friendly neighbour which I believe is conducting a just war, or better yet - to act as part of a force to usurp an enemy monarch and install a pretender. It'd be amazing if this was possible!

Oh, and don't forget giving the Netherlands or the United States troops & subsidies to help them overthrow their evil overlords :cool:

Johan said:
The map team has while working on proper names on the map,

that's promising! please, no more Siena-Firenze-Parma-Modena etc. in Italy, if you need help for naming those provinces just contact me! :D

and please, have a look at the Lucca issue (Modena and Parma SHOULDN'T have access to Tyrrenian sea).

the map looks great actually. do you think that with a 3 Gh Athlon, 512 MB Ram, 64 MB ATI video card I can play this game? otherwise I'll have to wai for so long before buying it.

mandead said:
You can't do that :(

Please at least show us a pic of Burgundy with the coat of arms :D

EDIT: I love the new font! I hope you keep it, and it's uniform. Looks much better than the EU map font, IMO. Lovely & clear, and very professional :cool:

agreed, the font is nice and crisp and sets the mood nicely. just hopes that it will become a little less "linear" and more curved.

Really nice. Interesting wiew on the battlefield (table with 'X'es) :p . Great idea.

I would only suggest to replace the die icon with something like a horse-shoe with a four-leaf. In my opinion it would:
1) look nicer than some cube with dots;
2) allow to draw deeper in the game (the cube would work like something what will throw the player back into the reality)

Otherwise, great job.

The map looks great now! I hope that weather conditions will be more visible, though.
New core system is also welcomed.
Maybe, the flag above the units can be made to look a little better.

Moving Cores ftw. That would explain how Denmark would gain German culture (When it has more German cultured cores than Danish's?)

KaRei said:
Really nice. Interesting wiew on the battlefield (table with 'X'es) :p . Great idea.

I would only suggest to replace the die icon with something like a horse-shoe with a four-leaf. In my opinion it would:
1) look nicer than some cube with dots;
2) allow to draw deeper in the game (the cube would work like something what will throw the player back into the reality)

Otherwise, great job.
The die is fine Alea iacta est.

agreed on the font BtW, very nice indeed. elegant and readable.

Would gain. Not -had- gained.

Also...There is Avignon! People seemed to be so excited, they missed that little detail. (I had. :p)

lol Johan is losing that battle!!

you must be better on rolling the dice my friend ;) it all sits in the fingers :D

oh I cannot wait any longer AAAARGH :p

Good to see that the map keeps improving. Interesting choice of harbour and ship icons though. :p

I've been praising the interface team previously but the battle screen needs some work. It's very big considering how little information it actually provides. Make it smaller and more compact.

Also. The dice icon. Dices are traditionally constructed so that pairs of numbers will total seven on opposite faces. ;)