• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing as Canada i got bored while trying to build up my forces and sent my only non-transport naval force to patrol the Grand Banks on ASW duty,it consisted of 2 light cruisers and 8 destroyers.Just something to do to break up the monotony,but what do you know?They ran into a super fleet of about 30 German subs.Afterwards i had to rebuild the navy from scratch. :eek:

I often regoof.
Worst is the "newly-liberated ally cuts your supply line" goof, closely followed by the "brigades for each division" goof, or the "failure to predict a DOW" goof. :(

Not paying attention to the Indian front, and allowing 50+ American divisions to land and cut off about half of my panzer/motorized force. Most got away, but Rommel, Manstein, and Guderians' panzer forces were all destroyed. Nothing like losing 6 panzer and 3 motorized divisions because you were trying to catch Allied Carriers in the english channel. >.<

Rocketman said:
Lost to Poland.

As Germany.

In 1939.

:eek:o

I can't really imagine this - unless, of course, for some strange reason you wanted to lose.

Mine would be that recently as a game when I was being Hungary I managed to secure a province in North Africa after italy had been pushed out. It was the province to the west of Tripoli IIRC. Anyway, I sent my 18 transports back to Tirana or whatever it was to get my reinforcements. I loaded the 18 divisions in (all infantry, didn't have to Oil to support armor), and set sail. Then, I run straight into a RN force consisting of several BBs, CAs, CLs, and DDs. The worst part was that I was watching my forces in North Africa to make sure they didn't get pushed out or anything. When I realise that my transports should've arrived a day ago, I find only 3 left, back in port.

Pretty devestating loss when you're Hungary.

coritani said:
Then, I run straight into a RN force consisting of several BBs, CAs, CLs, and DDs.

At least they weren't Tibetan BBs, CAs, CLs and DDs...

I'm by no means an expert at this game, nor am I a complete n00b, yet I managed (Just two hours ago) to lose the three german divisions in Königsberg due to lack of supplies, as I forgot to start a supply convoy :D

In one game I also somehow managed to set the "Research finished" message to only show in the log, i.e no popup. So I went along at max speed for several months in 1937 until I wondered why the research was so slow and went to check it out. Normally I obviously keep better check on research, but I know what to research anyway in those early years, and it can be very boring once you've decided which strat to use.

I've also deployed freshly built Garrison units to a province from which my troops were retreating after being defeated by a Greek attack. I even attached brigades...

nor am I a complete n00b,

Hmm... might not be entirely true!

coritani said:
I can't really imagine this - unless, of course, for some strange reason you wanted to lose.

I was my first game with the HoI2 battle system. I guess I didn't really "lose", since I didn't get annexed, but I did lose Berlin and Prussia to the Poles, which is just about as bad. :eek:o

Well, in my case I didn't get beaten by the Tibetan fleet... but I DID get beaten by the Yemenese fleet :D :D :D

It was one WTF moment when it happened. Who would have expected to encounter a Yemenese fleet...

As Germany having conquered all europe and now deeeeeep into siberia with the majority of the army and having US troops land 50. That's 50 inf in norway, by the time i manage to deploy enough troops to stop them they have liberated norway. dunno how the ai did that but anyway....

my biggest goof.

Playing as germany i thought to build up a large navy so that i could compete with the RN when it was time for sealion. So by 1940 i had 3 fleets with 2 aircraft carriers, 2 BB, 2 BC, 2 Heavy Cruisers, 5 light cruisers and 5 DD flotillas. I forgot about building troops and armour and got owned by france. The country that hasnt won a war sience before napoleon.

skigle7 said:
I forgot about building troops and armour and got owned by france. The country that hasnt won a war sience before napoleon.

I love irony. A goof in a thread about goofs.(I figured anyone willing to make comments on a topic they clearly know nothing about would require an explanation, the rest of you can simply overlook my patronising.)

lek said:
As Germany having conquered all europe and now deeeeeep into siberia with the majority of the army and having US troops land 50. That's 50 inf in norway, by the time i manage to deploy enough troops to stop them they have liberated norway. dunno how the ai did that but anyway....

ouch your jaw must have dropped on seeing that!

I was playing Japan, had my strategy ,all worked out.Fall 37 im victorious in China, By spring i have moved my total offensive army on an island near Pearl harbor, then i Dow on the Usa and the race against the clock starts, i land 3 marines at Pearl harbor and take it, along with the other large US naval bases in the area.Then i land 15 cavalery devissions in calefornia, the westcoast isn't that important, but i use it as a setping stone to Panama, wich i take not much later.100 devissions roughly are Moved to Panama, and prepare to invade the East coast.2 Landings by marines near Washington and York, and by a short time all 100 Devissions are on the eastcoast trying to rush Americas industrial centers, a good time is of essence to not let the USA build up to much.

And by saying that i land all 100 troops, im saying that is was so dumb to neglect garrisoning Panama, wich promtly get capped by Allied troops.My mighty army and navy, cut off ... noooooooooo