• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
kramari said:
I will make my way over sea and spread through Iberia like small pox through Usora

:rofl:

Well done in conquering. Too bad about the big minus in your treasury, but that was to be expected.

What true Crusader worries about poverty? Remember - it's a virtue! :D

Ah, I think we all know the feeling, you played and it was so exciting you just forgot to make screenshots. Happened to me more than once. You don't have to feel sorry for that.

And with the rich lands of Spain you should be able to recover your treasury pretty fast.

Because of your comments I made an update.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the vassals returned. Some of them were talked into returning.

The biggest thing this king has done so far after finishing the fight with the Arabs was talking the Duchy of Toscana into the Kingdom of Croatia. Now if only the King could find where the title of the King of Italy went.
jupimk7.jpg

I can't seem to make a big picture like CSK so I'll put 6 pictures. Just so you know what's happening in the world.

Thanks to the moneylenders Croatia is not poor any more. There was a big job now to rebuild everything also to make money to go and fight more wars. Now that Mirko had some money he could create himself some titles.
He proclaimed himself: Duke of Navarra, King of Castille, Duke of Asturias, Duke of Almeria, Duke of Valencia, Duke of Cordoba, Duke of Badajoz, King of Leon and Duke of Castilla. Combined with his other titles...no surpise no one called him to the big receptions. They would spend 10 minutes just counting his titles.

Just waiting till this king dies. His successor is awesome.

Had a minor conflict with some Arabs in Iberia. They were at war with neighbouring Papal states so I used the situation.

I was finally able to find the title of King of Italy, it was in the hands of the King of Burgundy but it took me forever to find the main province of the Kingdom. I can't usurp it yet, I've got 20 of 33 provinces. But I am claiming provinces since this king will soon die. I hope so.

Took one province from some Arabs in the middle of northern Italy. One more province to go and I can usurp the title.

King Mirko died. There was a big celeb...ummm...sadness. Everybody cheer...cried. The truth is Mirko has managed to keep the Kingdom together, but his heir will do even better. King Samuil inherited the throne. Just look at his abilites.

That's it for today. I played whole day.

Well, stewardship notwiststanding, he looks good doesn't he? And what's this - honest and Trusting? He must be one of the 'goodier' Kings I have ever seen!

Or he just will be a puppet of his advisors. Totally depends on one's point of view of course.

If you wonder how I do the one big picture, I make eight screenies, cut out the first part, reduce the size to 50% (I did it in paint), do the same with the other eight pictures, get them all on one new screenie and post that. It takes some time, but I think it's worth it and I like the way the map looks then.

Lol, the AI united Ireland! I've never seen that!

And realy nice stats on Samuil, he is destined for greatness!

I have to put this on hold for some time because of two things. I've got to study and the second thing Football Manager 2007 is out so...I will try and make updates soon.
Last I played the pope called for taking of Lisboa. It was a good chance to make Samuil king of Portugal.

During dinner he called for his advisors. He wanted to discuss this new plan. The tradition was that people eat first and discuss later but Samuil was eager to tell them his plan. He started talking without even taking one bite and when he was finished everyone was speechless. The chef has put too much spice into the sauce and everyones mouth was burning.
Anyway the plan is this:
We offer Germany the alliance (did this but they rejected and offered an alliance themselves), they accept. Croatia then declares war on one of the Burgundy's vassals and with the help from Germany quickly defeats Burgundy. After this Samuil could usurp the title of King of Italy.

The plan went just as planned. The mighty army of Venice marched into Parma taking the much needed one province for the claim of King of Italy. Germans did their bid in the war too. Burgundy was quickly defeated. The King of Burgundy gave the title of King of Italy to Samuil.

Too Samuil's amazement his messengers told him the news that the Arab Kingdom of Hammadid took all of Portuguese provinces from the Papal State. Samuil now had the open route to take the title of King of Portugal.

And that I did do. Took all of Spain and Porrtugal went on to Africa beat them there almost beat whole Kingdom of Zirid and what happened then?

CTD

Damn, but I guess this is a good thing as I forgot to take pictures and stuff. I saved when I got the title of the King of Italy. Plus the treasury just kept filling up. County of Brescia paid 2900 gold for peace and I got around 3000 for 2 marriages also 6000 men joined my army (highlanders, Catalons and Basques(sp?))

It's a dream he can aspire to a second time ;)

I saved after getting Italy. So its just Portugal and big part of Africa.

Bored with FM2007 already? :D

Good to have you back and updating. I'm sure you can do a repeat of the African conquest!

Shuma said:
Bored with FM2007 already? :D

Good to have you back and updating. I'm sure you can do a repeat of the African conquest!

Not bored. I just really lack space on my system disk and that's where FM2007 puts it temp files. Also I visit this place a lot and always get eager to play.

Conquest of Portugal and Africa take 2

Soon after finishing the war against Burgundy King Samuil called upon his vassals in Sicily and Spain to muster forces and place them in position. Sicilian army would attack the African possesions and the Spanish army would take care of the rest. After finishing that part the Spanish army would transfer to Africa and take over other Arab Kingdoms. If needed the Venetian army would be on standby in Venice.

Soon the war would be declared.

County of Brescia is giving Croatia some problems. They attacked one of the vassals. Venitian army was raised in the end.

They too would soon embark to Africa.

Samuil got married before declaring war.
He chose a courtier in the court of the Kingdom of France.

Brescia was a piece of cake and Croatia got 2500 gold for peace.

So everything was setup. Samuil declared war.

Nearly whole Iberian was now blue.

The war escalated

Maria the Queen of Croatia and lots of other stuff died in labor with the child. Samuil was sad but he had to find a new wife.

His new wife came from Serbia.

King declared himself Duke of lots of stuff and the King of Portugal.

One Irish man was visiting Croatia. One time he entered a tavern and tried Croatian beer. He was so delighted that he called 2000 of his friends. One time they were rally drunk and Samuil persuaded them to fight for Croatia.

Samuil had a daughter named Dubravka.

Samuil's son got a maid pegnant. Good boy (cost me 1000 gold).

Catalans saw the Irish go so they wanted to come too but they were not needed as all the hostilities were almost finished.

War finished successfully.

Croatia ended up pretty rich. Samuil is now also the King of North Africa.

He handed out a few titles to improve reputations.

Just found out I have two inbred court members.

I'm surprised by now you have only two.

I think you can peg that war as being 'successful' ;)

I was still editing the post and you already replied. So inbred people often happen?

Well, it does depend how frequently cousins marry, but after 100 years of play I usually have a few lurking around unless I've been really careful in my marriage policies.

I find it strange how the north african kingdoms looked much the same as at the begining of the game. Well they don't anymore :)

A very nice empire you have now. So are you going for world conquest or? What's the next step?