• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GeneralHannibal: That seems reasonable, depending on how things go elsewhere...

Marchalk_Zjukov: Not yet at least. That's a pretty major thing to happen to me, all things considered. But I'm still hoping that there will be.

Dogma: Oh, you can be sure of that.

------------------------------------------

October 3rd, 1938

It was a cold, clear day in Warsaw. A few thin, white clouds hung high overhead, seemingly immobile. A bitingly cold breeze blew down through the city streets, making the autumn day seem more inhospitably cold than it really was.

Stukov stood on the steps to the city hall, enjoying the feeling of the breeze on his face, unconcerned by the numbness creeping into his body. Wearing only a moderate overcoat and cap as protection from the weather, he would have drawn a few curious side-glances from passerbyers, had the road not been blocked off and armed Soviet guards stationed all around.

This part of the city appeared to have suffered very little damage. In fact, Warsaw had escaped the worst wars tended to bring to cities. Only the eastern edges had suffered any major damage of any kind.

An officer, appearing to be a lieutenant, emerged from inside the high-columned building with two soldiers flanking him and approached Stukov, saluting respectfully as Stukov turned to face him.

"Comrade, the generals are ready to see you. Please follow me."

Stukov simply nodded and followed the officer. As they walked, Stukov remarked: "Quite a few guards you have around here."

"We've been receiving numerous reports of possible guerilla attacks. Nothing serious, but Comrade Voroshilov is not taking any risks."

Stukov nodded. "How prudent."

They continued on without conversation until they reached a door. The lieutenant gestured him in. "Right this way."

"Thank you." Stukov stepped into what was for the time being the Soviet Union's army headquarters for Operation Defenestration. Standing around several tables pushed together to provide ample working space were Generals Voroshilov, Zhukov, and Rybalko, who was operating as the military governor of Warsaw until proper Soviet administrative officers could be put into place.

"I take it you've all heard the rumors?" Stukov began, skipping the unneccesary pleasantries.

"We have," Voroshilov confirmed.

Stukov nodded. "Well, they're true. As of yesterday afternoon, we are at war with not only Poland, but the Allied nations of Britain, France, and the Commonwealth."

The three generals exchanged looks as Stukov stood by. Zhukov was the first to speak. "Will troops be transferred out of Poland then?"

"No, not yet," Stukov said, shaking his head. "Siberian troops will be transferred to hold off the Allies in Persia while the Transcaucus Military District will conduct incursions into Iraq. Once Poland is dealt with, we will begin redeploying some of the western front."

Stukov continued, glancing at Zhukov. "Which is partly the reason I am here. When can we expect victory?"

After the fall of Warsaw, the Soviet offensive had continued in the north and south. Suwalki had finally fallen and Torun soon afterward. In the south, Crakow had finally fallen. Once the Soviet forces reorganized, Poland's armies would easily be broken and finally destroyed.

"We predict two, maybe three weeks at most," Zhukov said.

"Very good," Stukov replied, pleased with what he had heard. "Poland shall be crushed, and the Allies will follow them shortly."

You should now DoW Afghanistan or else the British will be able to hold you back in Karachi.

Can't believe I missed this! :eek: Onward Bolshevik soldiers, to fulfill the master plan of Stukov.

And if this truly is the final CI chapter then perhaps you should include a meeting with General DGaulle or a time travelling Allied Agent named Duran to pay homage to the origins of Mr. Stukov's name. ;)

GeneralHannibal: Events are in motion, comrade, that must be dealt with before I consider carrying out that plan of action. But don't worry, those Afghans will be dealt with in good time.

Darks63: Thanks! Glad to have you along for the ride.

Patrick O'Harte: And so down the line until there's nothing left to go onward to :p

Marchalk_Zjukov: Indeed. One can never entirely trust those wascally Germans....

VILenin: But DeGaulle has Stukov killed! :eek:

So, you admit your treasonous intent so soon, eh? :p

------------------------------------------

wrathofstukov2fa6.jpg

October 26th, 1938

Alexei Stukov sat off to the side of the conference room, observing as Voroshilov explained the situation to Stalin as best he could.

"We've finished off the remnants of the Polish army in Danzig and Poznan. Only minor pockets of resistance remain, and will be dealt with in less than a week," Voroshilov reported, indicating various points on a map of Poland.

"Annexation will follow soon after. We expect the Allies will refuse to accept our claims and will continue to support a government-in-exile," Foreign Minister Litvinov added from his seat on the far side of the table.

Stalin snorted in amusement. "They will accept nothing from us until we have ground them into dust. Any indication what the German response will be?"

"None," Stukov said, deciding the oppurtune moment to speak was now. "Poland's annexation would be ample excuse for them to attack, but they're military is not fully ready for general military operations against us on such a scale. Then again, one can never predict quite what goes on in Hitler's mind."

Stalin nodded his agreement. "Indeed. If they attack, it will only rally our people more behind our cause, as well as provide us a land route to the French."

Voroshilov stepped in. "Comrade Stalin, with all due respect, I hope we would not have to stretch our forces so thinly. Our remaining forces in Poland could only hold the Germans off, at best."

"What forces have we diverted to Persia?" Stukov asked.

Voroshilov cleared his voice as he took a moment to look at his report. "Konev's tank divisions, as well as 9 infantry divisions, not including most of our forces stationed throughout Siberia and the Urals."

"Comrade Proskurov," Stalin stated, referring to the new man in charge of intelligence operations, "Has informed me of a disturbing lack of progress in eastern Persia."

SS5.jpg

Voroshilov took it all in stride, brushing the criticism aside. "Do not worry. They are only minor setbacks. The British only have two divisions involved in the attack. General Cherevichenko will keep the situation from becoming too much out of hand."

"And then," Stukov continued, rising from his chair. "Our reinforcements will arrive, smash the British out of India and the Allies back across the Suez. Nothing will stand in our way."

Darks63 said:
Will we see a commie india.

No! Paint the world Red is allways so nice :p

Its allways so nice with your updates, to bad the come as often as new shipments of Nintendo Wii to sweden :rofl:

Traitor!? That, sir, is SLANDER! I am a loyal citizen of our glorious communist regime. :mad:

Besides, Stukov is killed by DeGaulle in StarCraft, maybe in this TL it can be the other way around. ;) I just think it would be a fun tribute namewise.

Darks63: All in good time. Eventually, you'll see a commie world!

Marchalk_Zjukov: I've been busy recently, so my updates haven't been as frequent as they could have been.

VILenin: Slander!? You dare question the designation and labels the Soviet government gives you? Does your treason know no bounds!? :)

RedFoxBandit: There can be more than one Stukov in the world! ;)

Dogma: *shrug* They're motorized divisions, after all. Not sure if that matters...

-------------------------------------

December 8th, 1938

Stukov sat nervously in the conference room with Voroshilov and Shaposhnikov, exchanging glances with each other as Stalin stared silently at the map images projected on the wall. Suddenly, he whirled around, his pipe pointing accusingly at the three men.

"I see your failure continues," Stalin remarked darkly.

Voroshilov flinched, while Stukov managed to keep himself controlled, presenting a front of calm assurance. "Only... temporarily, comrade Stalin," Voroshilov said.

"Enough!" Stalin countered angrily. "The allied dogs are raining bombs down on our armies daily. Our forces are losing against their troops even with numerical superiority and fortified positions!"

"Another 18 divisions have been ordered up," Shaposhnikov interjected quickly. "They will be diverted to Persia when they are complete in January."

"At this rate, the Allies will be in Baku by January!" Stalin retorted.

Stukov watched in silence so far. It was true. The French were pushing determinedly east from Iraq, while the British and their Commonwealth puppets attacked westward from India. Most of the Persian Gulf coast had been lost and the Soviet forces were suffering terribly against Allied bombing. The Soviet airforce would have easily purge the skies of this nuisance were in not for the fact that the closest suitable airfields were on the other side of the Caucuses.

Stalin looked his way. "What are you so pleased about?" he demanded, angered by Stukov's expression.

"Comrade Stalin, you are overlooking the greater picture," Stukov replied calmly. He stood up and began pacing, all eyes on him. "Yes, we are losing ground in Persia, but these are only temporary setbacks. The bulk of our army is in Poland, awaiting a German betrayal while we are distracted. But reinforcements are being sent to deal with the problem."

Stalin glanced at Voroshilov. "We've transferred our Central Asian, Transbaikal, and our marines armies to Tehran," the general verified.

Stalin considered this new information, putting his pipe in his mouth but not smoking. Stukov knew it was mostly a front. War was not Stalin's specialty, nor did he have much grasp of military realities.

"Very well," Stalin conceded. "Continue as you were." He paused, adding a threatening glare. "But if these failures continue, I will find someone who can get this job done."

Things are looking a bit tough, maybe you should attack Germany.

Give Voroshilov the boot! When you need something done right, you've gotta go Zhukov! :cool: Besides, he's the only prominent general who's name rhymes with "Stukov" which should help immeasurably once Uncle Joe's been "retired."

Okay, it has been along time since I have played starcraft. Guess I will have to load it up again and see who this stukov guy was.

Now that I am caught up, very well done. Your reasoning for goading the allies to war, I assume, is due to their weakness early in the game and their general inabilaty to cover all their colonies. If I am correct, the UK and all commonwealth forces do not total more than 60+ divisions including garrisons. The french can muster 70+, but I cant see them stripping France of troops for the middle east, so maybe 15-20 french divisions. Their air forces are decent, esp. tac air. Of course you will not be able to compete with their navies at this point. If you leave 70 divs in poland you can still ship 60 to the middle east not to mention your siberian and far east divisions.

Hmmmmm...bold plan, but well thought out, if my assumptions above are correct. ;)

GeneralHannibal: I'm afraid an action like that would be catastrophic for my cause. :)

VILenin: Sorry, but Voroshilov is doing a good enough job for me to keep him in office at least a little longer.

grayghost: Yeah, the Allies have brought more divisions to the fight faster than I anticipated, which really threw me off.

-----------------------------------------

February 3rd, 1939

Alexei Stukov strolled leisurely down the crowded Baghdad street, acting as though he actually had a clue where he was going in the maze of cramped streets and alleys.

The city had only been seized from the Allies two days earlier, and despite the warnings of the generals and his staff, Stukov decided to send a message to the populace: the Soviet Union was here to stay.

Armed only with his securely holstered revolver under his jacket and with just two lightly armed bodyguards following him, Stukov decided to tour the conquered city, his bright red Soviet star clearly visible on the front of his jacket.

This show of contempt and confidence had been used many years earlier after the subjugation of the Central Asian khanates by tsarist Russia. It had worked. Stukov believed it would work again.

If Stalin had not heard the news already, he would soon, and he would unquestionably be pleased. The tide of the war in Persia had finally turned in favor of the Red Army with the completion of a massive strategic redeployment of troops from Poland and the Far East, just as he had promised. Hordes of fresh troops easily overwhelmed the numerically inferior French and Iraqi forces advancing south and southwest of Tehran.

For a few days, it had seemed as though the Allies may have been on the verge of a great triumph, having temporarily seized the city of Esfahan and severing the final links to eight divisions holding out along the Persian Gulf coast. The arrival of reinforcements around Christmas, and of eighteen newly trained divisions two weeks later, simply proved too much for the Allies to cope with.

The British still maintained a firm hold over southeastern Persia, but attempts to dislodge the British had not been seriously considered until the French had been reversed in the west. Now an additional twenty divisions were on their way to drive the British completely out of Persia.

The rumble of engines overheard caused Stukov to look upward, just in time to see a V formation of Soviet bombers fly by. Stukov snorted in amusement. The capture of the Baghdad airport finally meant an end to the nuisance of French bombers plauging the Soviet formations as they marched across the open terrain. Now the Soviets could return the favor.

Surveying the city laid out before him, an amused smile crossed his face. The Allies had lost the initiative, and it seemed nothing short of a miracle would be able to stop the momentum of the Soviet advance.

Time to have some fun with this city.

SS6.jpg

Situation in Persia as of February 4th. Black is Soviet movements, blue is Allied

You're going for a total red world, right?