• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jonti-h

Evil overlord
7 Badges
Jun 21, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
Well, this is my first AAR, so please forgive me if it ain't as good as the rest on here.

The idea behind it came from the EU2 forum today;
Wtbrg said:
Has any one taken their cores and then vassalized all the other nations in war, without any expansion?
This is beyond my ability, but I wanted to know if there's an AAR of it or some thing.
I didn't think there was an AAR on it so I (perhaps foolishly) offered.

I am playing Byzantium, on the Age of Imperialism mod - 1337 scenario.
My house rules are;

1. No diplo-vassalisation. The challenge was for force vassalisations only.
2. No annexation or taking of provinces apart from cores.
3. The only expansion can be by establishing colonies or TPs.

Here we go!

The Empire of 1337. 3 little provinces and a whole lot of cores :cool:
STARTPOL.jpg

This is as far as my empire will extend - no further.

Now the first war. I have heard that Hellas is nice this time of year ;)
PREPARE.jpg

My armies blitzed through the land, and the campaign lasted for less than a year - well begun is half done!

OTTO1.jpg

Hmmm so many cores, so little time....

AFTEROTT.jpg

The Ottoman war lasted a bit longer.
Immediately after I declared war on them, I recieved information that Candar jumped in and did it too - damn copycats :mad:
They siege Angora, while I am playing ping pong armies with the Ottos - well it is Byzantium!
I don't want to have 3 wars with the Ottomans (or is that Ottomen? :p ) so Ideclare war on Candar too - just for fun! Teke joins in too, which is nice, 2 annexations for the price of 1 :D

I'll update it soon, please comment if you want :)

I knew someone would do such an AAR when I saw that post myself! Its going to be tough but nothing Byzantines couldnt do!

EvilSanta said:
I knew someone would do such an AAR when I saw that post myself! Its going to be tough but nothing Byzantines couldnt do!
It won't be easy, but not exanding past my cores should make it a bit easier than conquering the world - I hope!
There shouldn't be any badboy wars anyway.

I'll watch your chalenge.

This should be fun. Count me in.

Mini update time!

Since the last installment, much has happened!

A very nice man turned up, offering to train my men for me. He said he would make them fight better, and be better quality!

HOBSON.jpg

Well, with my policy settings, what choice did I have!!
I am Byzantium after all :p

Anyway, after the Ottoman wars, ending in their annexation, I managed to liberate more of my cores from oppression.

BYZ2.jpg

Armenia are my vassals, and they will be diploannexed later on.

Once i have reclaimed my lands, I set about converting to Orthodoxy. With my warexhaustion starting to mount, anything I can do to lower it will help!

I present;
Synchronised Converting!

CONVERT.jpg

My next move will be Eastwards - I am going after the White Sheep, as they are my cores!

Thanks for all the support! :cool:

SunZyl said:
Now what happened to the house rules? :D
:D
They're my cores! That doesn't break the rules!
Anyway, that was no diplo-vassalisation, I force vassalised them! :cool:

SunZyl said:
Ah, right. Then I get what you mean. I though that they were diplovassalised.
No, that would be cheating!
I even managed to avoid taking any land in my war with the Papal States - I couldn't vassalise them yet, their transports managed to sink my navy :eek:o
I occupied their Italian provinces, but i couldn't get to their capital in Dauphin due to the lack of navy :( .
Chief Ragusa said:
Obliging of Candar and Teke to jump in to the sea for you. Hopefully, the White Sheep Turks will be lemmings in training and throw their armies away.

Yes it was rather helpful of hem wasn't it! :p They had no army to speak of, just a few thousand men, but still Teke joined the war!
I hope the White Sheep Turks will help me too! They are all my cores, so I can annex them eventually!

Chief Ragusa said:
It should not take you more than a couple of wars to annex the White Sheep Turks. Then where will you go?
I have got all but the capital from the White Sheep - I will annex them when the treaty lapses.

Now, another mini update!

Here the brave Byzantine army lays siege to the White Sheep Turks!
WHITESHP.jpg

And the end result is this!
BYZ3.jpg

Now, I have ended up with a non-core province (by accident) in Tabriz - I will need it to annex the White Sheep though as their capital is one of my cores. The plan is to let it revolt away (to anyone) once I have annexed the White Sheep.

Next I headed West again! Serbia is my target, all its provinces are my cores and so they must be annexed - same goes for Bulgaria! Handy they're allies then!

SERBIA.jpg

All is going well, I take my cores from BUlgaria and am just making my peace with Serbia when the inevitable happens!

WAR!

WAR.jpg

More vassals ripe for the picking - I hope!

Avernite said:
weird idea, nice going so far. Good luck with it :)
It is odd - I can't claim any credit for the plan but it seems to be going OK so far. :)

Half of Europe has declared war on me now, but I am not having too much trouble so far.

SunZyl said:
Half of Europe?! :eek:
Yup, Hungary, Poland, Austria, Transyilvania and Luxemburg. I seem to be coping OK though!
I will try to vassalise them all if possible!