• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am curious, but what is the dificulty you are playing with? I hope it is Very Hard - Furious, but i doubt, since you haven't been attacked by everyone, despite your big BB points.

Anyway, good work. I will surely want to see how this vassalizating frenzy ends up.

Nice expansion there mate. You would make Justinian proud. :p

BurningEGO said:
I am curious, but what is the dificulty you are playing with? I hope it is Very Hard - Furious, but i doubt, since you haven't been attacked by everyone, despite your big BB points.

Anyway, good work. I will surely want to see how this vassalizating frenzy ends up.
It's Hard/Aggressive - If it were on furious the AI would Dow everyone (and me) too quickly and end up wrecking itself. I find Aggressive to be the best compromise!

I do have a very large army - that might have something to do with the lack of DoWs - I think the AI is scared of me! :D

Hey, to get rid of the non-core provinces, and to gain a core which is a capital, you could make events for <nation> something like :

Moving of the Capital

The Byzantine onslaught has reached our capital, them claiming it as theirs. We must move to another location immediately unless we want it to be recognized by countries according to rumours and then making us a very unprestigious nation.

OR, you could just put

Moving of the Capital

AI_EVENT_MOVE_CAPITAL

:D

Then, for your unwanted provinces :

Unwanted Area

We have gained Tabriz, but because it is not one of 'our' territories which we have no legal claim upon, we shall grant it to another nation.

OR

Unwanted Area

BYZ_REMOVE_PROVINCE_<ID>

More Vassals - and war!

Another update.

Now, after creating my first 4 vassals, I decided to attend to my cores in the East!
First on the menu was the Golden Horde - who had swallowed Georgia - meaning I had 4 cores on them.

Anyway, their army was all in the other side of their empire (fighting Genoa) so being an opportunist I declared on them!

It was an easy war - I had reached their capital before their armies had finished building. Once I had finished sieging the lower end of their country, they stopped demanding money from me and sent this offer instead!

HORDE2.jpg

Much more to my liking! Money, and all my cores!

I then continued my drive Eastwards, this time paying a surprise visit to the Mameluks - who were about as prepared for my arrival as the Golden Horde had been! My army (mostly mercenaries :p) sieged their provinces and soon they were ready to listen to reason.

I told them that they didn't really want all that land, and that I would look after it - and after a little persuasion, they agreed.

MAME.jpg

I'll be back!

My next stop was Bavaria - now I can wander through Europe thanks to those vassals, it's easier for me to get to them, than for them to get to me!
Baden joined in the fun too, and Switzerland decided to DoW me (with no allies!!)
The result of this was;

VASALINE.jpg

That's right, more vassals! Ain't that nice! Shame most of them hate my guts though - wonder if it's something I said?

The problem came with Baden. They were a vassal of Bavaria, and you can't vassalise a vassal - so I reduced them to one province, then annexed them - the plan being to release a 2 prov Baden. Unfortunately, they are only one province in the revolt.txt so I am lumbered with Wurzberg - for now.

The next problem came more recently - I was happily marching through Saxony, Hessen, The Palitinat, the Papal States and Hannover - when Castile and all their allies declare on me!!

WAR2.jpg

Serves me right for being overconfident I suppose!

Me said:
I do have a very large army - that might have something to do with the lack of DoWs - I think the AI is scared of me!

Looks like it ain't scared any more!
Let the BB wars begin!!!

Walter Model said:
Hey, to get rid of the non-core provinces, and to gain a core which is a capital, you could make events for <nation> something like :

Moving of the Capital

The Byzantine onslaught has reached our capital, them claiming it as theirs. We must move to another location immediately unless we want it to be recognized by countries according to rumours and then making us a very unprestigious nation.

OR, you could just put

Moving of the Capital

AI_EVENT_MOVE_CAPITAL

Then, for your unwanted provinces :

Unwanted Area

We have gained Tabriz, but because it is not one of 'our' territories which we have no legal claim upon, we shall grant it to another nation.

OR

Unwanted Area

BYZ_REMOVE_PROVINCE_<ID>

That's a good idea, I might do something like that - either that or edit the savegame to get shot of the non-cores!

Walter Model said:
Don't forget to give yourself a -1 badboy modifier for each province you take away, or you will be Hated Throughout The World :D
I already am :(
No-one like me! :(

That's why I am at war with the other half of Europe. :cool:

I doubt this will work.

As youve started the bb wars your vassals will break their vassalage constantly except if you are allied with them, and you only got a certain ammount of allies.

And if you plan to use 2-3 allies to conquer the world, then you have to think of that they will cancel their vassalisation if they get the troop ammounts that they need to accomplish the WC. :(

I should have gone from the start and just vassalize everyone *nods* ;)

Also changing capitals and such are pretty much cheating in my view...

Skarion said:
I doubt this will work.

Oh ye of little faith :p

Skarion said:
As youve started the bb wars your vassals will break their vassalage constantly except if you are allied with them, and you only got a certain ammount of allies.

Not if I make nice to them all they shouldn't. I intend to keep all relations at +150 or more!

Anyway, I am not taking non-core land (or not unless I need it to release someone) which should mean that my badboy drops. Then people should start liking me again :)

Skarion said:
And if you plan to use 2-3 allies to conquer the world, then you have to think of that they will cancel their vassalisation if they get the troop ammounts that they need to accomplish the WC. :(

I don't intend to ally with them unless I really have to, in case like Duke of Wellington said they start fighting each other. That would be inconvenient. ;)

Skarion said:
I should have gone from the start and just vassalize everyone *nods* ;)

Not enough money to do that - Byzantium has low money and poor manpower. A certain amount of expansion into cores is needed to avoid going bankrupt early on. I don't gain BB for it unless I annex - which is something I have done a fair bit of though.

Skarion said:
Also changing capitals and such are pretty much cheating in my view...

Possibly. I haven't done it anyway.

Duke of Wellington said:
Great to see some vassals. And what vassals! Poland and Austria look nice on the list.
I will update soon. :)

My vassal list is now;
Austria,
Baden,
Poland,
Naples,
Hungary,
Bavaria,
Switzerland,
Sicily,
Holland,
Papal States,
Castille.

It's looking good - I have had one cancellation so far - Sicily who I re-vassalised in a quick war straight away.

Mr Me said:
Just fyi you won't get any badboy wars if you aren't playing at very hard. Looking nice so far.
Good! :p
Thanks for the info!

There is no way that you can keep relations with all your vassals at +150 or more while you're over the BB limit, unless you use "vatican". ;)

MichaelM said:
There is no way that you can keep relations with all your vassals at +150 or more while you're over the BB limit, unless you use "vatican". ;)
Yeah, I realised that later on - also it would cost too much!

What is this "Vatican" of which you speak? :p

jonti-h said:
What is this "Vatican" of which you speak? :p
Uhh... Did I say "vatican"? I meant "a whole lot of diplomats"... :eek:o :p