+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Vassalise the World. A Byzantine Dream.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

I am curious, but what is the dificulty you are playing with? I hope it is Very Hard - Furious, but i doubt, since you haven't been attacked by everyone, despite your big BB points.

Anyway, good work. I will surely want to see how this vassalizating frenzy ends up.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - Joo II of Portugal

Nice expansion there mate. You would make Justinian proud. :P
    The Soaring Eagle: Rise of Maniakes A narrative/gameplay based Byzantine Mega Campaign starting in 1066 and going as far as I possibly can! Has one the best WritAAR award
    The Fallen Eagle: A Byzantine Empire AAR Two time winner of the Weekly AAR Choice Awards and one time winner of Best Character Writer Award - Cancelled
    Rise of the Eurasian Alliance - Cancelled

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Quote Originally Posted by BurningEGO
    I am curious, but what is the dificulty you are playing with? I hope it is Very Hard - Furious, but i doubt, since you haven't been attacked by everyone, despite your big BB points.

Anyway, good work. I will surely want to see how this vassalizating frenzy ends up.
    It's Hard/Aggressive - If it were on furious the AI would Dow everyone (and me) too quickly and end up wrecking itself. I find Aggressive to be the best compromise!

I do have a very large army - that might have something to do with the lack of DoWs - I think the AI is scared of me!
    Support the right to arm bears My Lemeard Cookie for making a 4 way TIE
    Jamie550: I've just read the last ten pages, and now I know why Jonti has by far the most wins
    No, this is complex Lite with Euros Lemeards and jontis. - EUROO7
    As far as I know is jonti always evil. British 19th-century sophisticated evil. with a cigar - the_hdk
    Wisdom from EUROO7: Listen to jonti, noob.| Marty99 " Werewolf is basically the Sesame Street of bigotry. "
    I see noob people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're noob.

EU3 Complete

Hey, to get rid of the non-core provinces, and to gain a core which is a capital, you could make events for <nation> something like :

Moving of the Capital

The Byzantine onslaught has reached our capital, them claiming it as theirs. We must move to another location immediately unless we want it to be recognized by countries according to rumours and then making us a very unprestigious nation.

OR, you could just put

Moving of the Capital

AI_EVENT_MOVE_CAPITAL

Then, for your unwanted provinces :

Unwanted Area

We have gained Tabriz, but because it is not one of 'our' territories which we have no legal claim upon, we shall grant it to another nation.

OR

Unwanted Area

BYZ_REMOVE_PROVINCE_<ID>

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

More Vassals - and war!

Another update.

Now, after creating my first 4 vassals, I decided to attend to my cores in the East!
    First on the menu was the Golden Horde - who had swallowed Georgia - meaning I had 4 cores on them.

Anyway, their army was all in the other side of their empire (fighting Genoa) so being an opportunist I declared on them!

It was an easy war - I had reached their capital before their armies had finished building. Once I had finished sieging the lower end of their country, they stopped demanding money from me and sent this offer instead!

Much more to my liking! Money, and all my cores!

I then continued my drive Eastwards, this time paying a surprise visit to the Mameluks - who were about as prepared for my arrival as the Golden Horde had been! My army (mostly mercenaries ) sieged their provinces and soon they were ready to listen to reason.

I told them that they didn't really want all that land, and that I would look after it - and after a little persuasion, they agreed.

I'll be back!

My next stop was Bavaria - now I can wander through Europe thanks to those vassals, it's easier for me to get to them, than for them to get to me!
    Baden joined in the fun too, and Switzerland decided to DoW me (with no allies!!)
    The result of this was;

That's right, more vassals! Ain't that nice! Shame most of them hate my guts though - wonder if it's something I said?

The problem came with Baden. They were a vassal of Bavaria, and you can't vassalise a vassal - so I reduced them to one province, then annexed them - the plan being to release a 2 prov Baden. Unfortunately, they are only one province in the revolt.txt so I am lumbered with Wurzberg - for now.

The next problem came more recently - I was happily marching through Saxony, Hessen, The Palitinat, the Papal States and Hannover - when Castile and all their allies declare on me!!

Serves me right for being overconfident I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I do have a very large army - that might have something to do with the lack of DoWs - I think the AI is scared of me!
    Looks like it ain't scared any more!
    Let the BB wars begin!!!
    Jamie550: I've just read the last ten pages, and now I know why Jonti has by far the most wins
    As far as I know is jonti always evil. British 19th-century sophisticated evil. with a cigar - the_hdk
    Wisdom from EUROO7: Listen to jonti, noob.| Marty99 " Werewolf is basically the Sesame Street of bigotry. "
    I see noob people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Model
    Hey, to get rid of the non-core provinces, and to gain a core which is a capital, you could make events for <nation> something like :

Moving of the Capital

The Byzantine onslaught has reached our capital, them claiming it as theirs. We must move to another location immediately unless we want it to be recognized by countries according to rumours and then making us a very unprestigious nation.

OR, you could just put

Moving of the Capital

AI_EVENT_MOVE_CAPITAL

Then, for your unwanted provinces :

Unwanted Area

We have gained Tabriz, but because it is not one of 'our' territories which we have no legal claim upon, we shall grant it to another nation.

OR

Unwanted Area

BYZ_REMOVE_PROVINCE_<ID>

That's a good idea, I might do something like that - either that or edit the savegame to get shot of the non-cores!

EU3 Complete

Don't forget to give yourself a -1 badboy modifier for each province you take away, or you will be Hated Throughout The World

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Model
    Don't forget to give yourself a -1 badboy modifier for each province you take away, or you will be Hated Throughout The World
    I already am
    No-one like me!

That's why I am at war with the other half of Europe.

I doubt this will work.

As youve started the bb wars your vassals will break their vassalage constantly except if you are allied with them, and you only got a certain ammount of allies.

And if you plan to use 2-3 allies to conquer the world, then you have to think of that they will cancel their vassalisation if they get the troop ammounts that they need to accomplish the WC.

I should have gone from the start and just vassalize everyone *nods*

Also changing capitals and such are pretty much cheating in my view...
    Quite a different guy for quite a different world.

Skarion's post deleted for attempted AAR crashing.

EU3 Complete

I suppose if Hungary changes capital to Bohemia, and gives Magyar away you could just turn the country to Bohemia in the event of doing so, then everyone wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarion
    I doubt this will work.
    Oh ye of little faith

As youve started the bb wars your vassals will break their vassalage constantly except if you are allied with them, and you only got a certain ammount of allies.
    Not if I make nice to them all they shouldn't. I intend to keep all relations at +150 or more!

Anyway, I am not taking non-core land (or not unless I need it to release someone) which should mean that my badboy drops. Then people should start liking me again

And if you plan to use 2-3 allies to conquer the world, then you have to think of that they will cancel their vassalisation if they get the troop ammounts that they need to accomplish the WC.
    I don't intend to ally with them unless I really have to, in case like Duke of Wellington said they start fighting each other. That would be inconvenient.

I should have gone from the start and just vassalize everyone *nods*
    Not enough money to do that - Byzantium has low money and poor manpower. A certain amount of expansion into cores is needed to avoid going bankrupt early on. I don't gain BB for it unless I annex - which is something I have done a fair bit of though.

Also changing capitals and such are pretty much cheating in my view...
    Possibly. I haven't done it anyway.

Great to see some vassals. And what vassals! Poland and Austria look nice on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Wellington
    Great to see some vassals. And what vassals! Poland and Austria look nice on the list.
    I will update soon.

My vassal list is now;
    Austria,
    Baden,
    Poland,
    Naples,
    Hungary,
    Bavaria,
    Switzerland,
    Sicily,
    Holland,
    Papal States,
    Castille.

It's looking good - I have had one cancellation so far - Sicily who I re-vassalised in a quick war straight away.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Just fyi you won't get any badboy wars if you aren't playing at very hard. Looking nice so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Me
    Just fyi you won't get any badboy wars if you aren't playing at very hard. Looking nice so far.
    Good!
    Thanks for the info!

There is no way that you can keep relations with all your vassals at +150 or more while you're over the BB limit, unless you use "vatican".

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    There is no way that you can keep relations with all your vassals at +150 or more while you're over the BB limit, unless you use "vatican".
    Yeah, I realised that later on - also it would cost too much!

What is this "Vatican" of which you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by jonti-h
    Yeah, I realised that later on - also it would cost too much!

Cheat, you get 6 diplomats...
    EUII AAR: Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by jonti-h
    Uhh... Did I say "vatican"? I meant "a whole lot of diplomats"...

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast