Thread: Silent Heroes Release tomorrow 29/09

500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Silent Heroes Release tomorrow 29/09

Hi all!

I owe you new on the Silent Heroes release date. We have just received the final product and we will make it available on http://www.gamersgate.com tomorrow.

/florian
    Now online! http://www.gamersgate.com - Download Games - Any place - Any time

Quote Originally Posted by Flori
    Hi all!

I owe you new on the Silent Heroes release date. We have just received the final product and we will make it available on http://www.gamersgate.com tomorrow.

/florian
    Cool! On a friday even! Yay! I know what I'll be doing all weekend

Deep Sadness

Quote Originally Posted by ludeman
    Cool! On a friday even! Yay! I know what I'll be doing all weekend
    I bought, downloaded and installed it...

NO MULTIPLAYER. The multiplayer in SHOWWII was fantastic and allowed wonderful co-op and social gameplaying experiences. SH seems to be only single-player, so it is of very limited interest to me and my gaming friends now. Very sad, since this is a squad-based game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGray
    I bought, downloaded and installed it...

NO MULTIPLAYER. The multiplayer in SHOWWII was fantastic and allowed wonderful co-op and social gameplaying experiences. SH seems to be only single-player, so it is of very limited interest to me and my gaming friends now. Very sad, since this is a squad-based game.
    Yeah me too! Could you imagine my suprise when I found out there is no MP? After buying FoW and trying to play that Mess of a Game (in its current state) I was sure SH was what I really wanted. More maps, missions and campaigns. But what I got was a SP mod for 20 bucks.

How many times can they FooBar the beloved SHOWWII engine?

Paradox Interactive
    Wizard Warrior
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

Yeah me too! Could you imagine my suprise when I found out there is no MP? After buying FoW and trying to play that Mess of a Game (in its current state) I was sure SH was what I really wanted. More maps, missions and campaigns. But what I got was a SP mod for 20 bucks.

How many times can they FooBar the beloved SHOWWII engine?
    We will check with the developers if there is any possibility to add things through a patch or equivalent. I'll get back on this matter.

F
    Twitter - The Wester Front
    Paradox Youtube Channel

fredrik [at] paradoxplaza [dot] com

That would be nice! I am having fun with the SH for now but me and my friend love to play CoOp and thats what we were really looking forward to.

P.S. Will Paradox and Dark Fox release new campaigns for Digital Download in the future?(with mp of course!) I would buy them.

Paradox Interactive
    Wizard Warrior
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

That would be nice! I am having fun with the SH for now but me and my friend love to play CoOp and thats what we were really looking forward to.

P.S. Will Paradox and Dark Fox release new campaigns for Digital Download in the future?(with mp of course!) I would buy them.
    That is a good idea. We're looking for the reception of SH and will see after that. I know there are some other campaigns for the engine in Russian only, so this might be an option

F
    Twitter - The Wester Front
    Paradox Youtube Channel

fredrik [at] paradoxplaza [dot] com

I am cinfused as to how you guys can even play this game. Everything is so gummed up and lagged!!!

Plz tell me your in game settings.
    I loved the original, but I cannot even get this thing to bring up the options menu without at least 15 second wait.

Hey Cabe, what do you mean all gummed up and lagged? Do you mean it runs slow? Because it runs fine for me. Have you played FoW yet now that game is all gummed up!

Silent Heroes Meditations

OK, I have to write a bit more - and I'm usually terse in forums...

My two friends and I, who have ben avid computer gamers for 10+ years rate "Soldiers" as tied with "Diablo II" as our all-time favorite game. We're still playing Soldiers to this day, as the variable ways to solve missions and the game engine allow for constant replay.

As such, we were giddy about "Faces of War", but ended up being very underwhelmed. Personally, I think when many (not all) games switch to 3D polygon engines, they suffer. They seem blockier and more coarse than a well-drawn and artistically crafted sprite-based game engine such as in Soldiers (another example Kohan vs Kohan 2). The existing "Soldiers" engine is much more like a minatures game, with easilly discernable units, landscape features, etc., and at the risk of sounding like a Luddite; leave it well enough alone: The engine does a perfect job of providing a platform on which to build fantastic missions.

When we found that there was a Soldiers expansion, we were giddy as schoolkids getting ready for a field-trip! As I mentioned previously, the lack of multiplayer crushed our dreams like a giftless Christmas.

I have spent much time playing through the missions though, and I can say they are very very fun, tough and rewarding. The "polish" oddities like the female sniper havine a deep Russian baritone voice can be forgiven due to the excellent gameplay. A mutliplayer patch would be fantastic, as this game's scenarios are more challenging than those in Soldiers - and multiple guiding hands/minds would be immensely helpful.

If there are indeed Russian-only additional expansions, I'd love to see them come to America!! The game-engine deserves a long life - many additional scenarios and (my real Christmas wish) a tool-set for user-created missions with the same engine.

Thanks to all who keep this delightful game alive.
    Last edited by AlexGray; 03-10-2006 at 17:09.

OK, I have to write a bit more - and I'm usually terse in forums...

My two friends and I, who have ben avid computer gamers for 10+ years rate "Soldiers" as tied with "Diablo II" as our all-time favorite game. We're still playing Soldiers to this day, as the variable ways to solve missions and the game engine allow for constant replay.

As such, we were giddy about "Faces of War", but ended up being very underwhelmed. Personally, I think when many (not all) games switch to 3D polygon engines, they suffer. They seem blockier and more coarse than a well-drawn and artistically crafted sprite-based game engine such as in Soldiers (another example Kohan vs Kohan 2). The existing "Soldiers" engine is much more like a minatures game, with easilly discernable units, landscape features, etc., and at the risk of sounding like a Luddite; leave it well enough alone: The engine does a perfect job of providing a platform on which to build fantastic missions.

When we found that there was a Soldiers expansion, we were giddy as schoolkids getting ready for a field-trip! As I mentioned previously, the lack of multiplayer crushed our dreams like a giftless Christmas.

I have spent much time playing through the missions though, and I can say they are very very fun, tough and rewarding. The "polish" oddities like the female sniper havine a deep Russian baritone voice can be forgiven due to the excellent gameplay. A mutliplayer patch would be fantastic, as this game's scenarios are more challenging than those in Soldiers - and multiple guiding hands/minds would be immensely helpful.

If there are indeed Russian-only additional expansions, I'd love to see them come to America!! The game-engine deserves a long life - many additional scenarios and (my real Christmas wish) a tool-set for user-created missions with the same engine.

Thanks to all who keep this delightful game alive.

I agree with everything you said but Soldiers is 3D make no mistake about that. Just try to run it without a 3D video card and you will see.

The units in FoW seem bigger and less detailed then Soldiers. The colors on the maps seem over bright as well making it more umm..fake looking. I too love the minatures feel of Soldiers.

Hey Cabe, what do you mean all gummed up and lagged? Do you mean it runs slow? Because it runs fine for me. Have you played FoW yet now that game is all gummed up!

yeah I avoided that game after playing the demo.
    But I am still having the issues with silent heros, it take forever for in game menues to pop open like inspecting a corpse ect.
    It makes it unplayable. I have no idea what is causing it, but it really makes for slow going when you are gathering ammo of dead soldiers or moving stuff in and out of a vehicle.

Heck even saving the game can take up to 2 minutes with all the menu lag.

I can't find any support on this.

I wrote paradox, but I am sure I will get the:
    Update yer drivers and blah blah blah.

I have done that.

All game run fine on my PC. I just finished COmpany of Heros with no problems or lag at all.

I was really looking forward to this title.
    I guess until more people buy it and have similar issues I am screwed.

I agree with everything you said but Soldiers is 3D make no mistake about that. Just try to run it without a 3D video card and you will see.

I sit corrected

So they *really* should have left well enough alone. I agree the new engine looks blockier and less realistic.

I sit corrected

So they *really* should have left well enough alone. I agree the new engine looks blockier and less realistic.

Big Time!