• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chapter 1: Abauj

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer stolen blatantly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1084-1085

ScreenSave143.jpg

Ugh. Now, unrelated female courtiers can be useful. If their stats are high, you can make them your ministers. You can marry them to male courtiers of your dynasty for passing on good genes. Or you can even wait for marriage offers to come from other courts and accept them for prestige. But with such horrid stats, the first two aren't going to happen, and probably not the latter either. This courtier will never be of any use whatso-

ScreenSave144.jpg

-ever

ScreenSave145.jpg

ScreenSave146.jpg

ScreenSave147.jpg

Okay, did we just have that good-for-nothing female courtier carted off to a 90+ prestige count, followed by the King of England taking a swim personally in our lake, followed by the wife of my arch-nemesis get pregnant again in her thirties?

I just don't know what to believe anymore.

ScreenSave151.jpg

Sure, she's 44 years old. But with the game acting its way recently who knows? We'll probably have the Emperor of Byzantium proposing by next Tuesday...

ScreenSave152.jpg

Sawmill's done.

Just what crazy things will happen in Aargau next? I have no idea what's happening anymore. Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
How much prestige did you get for the surplus schemer? Also, if someone gets a claim on you, will you allow yourself to fight them so you can not force them to relinquish, so that you can get the prestige to claim Abauj? Looks like the only way right now :p

Sawmill, woo! And the Count of Abauj must have something seriously wrong with him, if his constant impregnation of that Swinka woman is anything to go by.

Either that or he must have something serious right with him ;)

Crazy game, proposing to that woman… and then the wife is pregnant again, if this is yet another girl, then something has gone very strange in this game…

Duke of Wellington said:
At least the sawmill is normal.

you haven't seen the lumberjacks yet.

I hear 'they are ok'

aye.

Ayeshteni said:
you haven't seen the lumberjacks yet.

I hear 'they are ok'

aye.
They wear 'kilts'?

GrimPagan said:
They wear 'kilts'?

..high heels, suspenders and a bra. probably wish they were girlies just like my de..um their dear papa.

looking at old Svinka I think the lumberjacks have infiltrated the nobility.

Aye.

What wondrous building is next on Werner's building list? Let's be honest, he's never going to take over a single county, but he's going to have the richest, highest population county in the known world.

Apparently Aargau draws all the finest types..I wonder if Abauj will be so lucky.

Chief Ragusa said:
What wondrous building is next on Werner's building list? Let's be honest, he's never going to take over a single county, but he's going to have the richest, highest population county in the known world.

Nah, he'll never get as far as V for Venezia :p

B for Byzantion is a bit closer... but might as well be on the moon!

Ah, sawmills, one step further towards world domination... :D

Trickery, bastardry.

Chapter 1: Abauj

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer stolen blatantly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1085-1085

ScreenSave153.jpg

Oh no, the King of Germany requested we mobilize! If we don't, he'll probably declare war on us because he's like that and stuff! Whatever shall we do?

ScreenSave154.jpg

I guess we have no choice.

ScreenSave155.jpg

But such an action will make us spend a fortune on army upkeep costs! We'll be in the poorhouse in no time

ScreenSave156.jpg

Wait, what's that, you say? You mean that I can set the slider to zero and actually suffer no ill effects whatsoever, as it's not my war that I'm fighting anyway? Oh, okay then.

ScreenSave157.jpg

Meanwhile, Almos's Daughter Count reaches 8.

ScreenSave158.jpg

He also has a Thieves' Guild, which is good if we want to assassinate people in his court! Of course, with all them daughters and not a son in sight, I don't think that will end up even being necessary...

ScreenSave159.jpg

Score!

You've got to remember, Werner's wife is nearing her sixties now... Then again, so is Werner...

ScreenSave160.jpg

What? The game lied! His name is supposed to be Yakut! Yakut!

Though I guess the game could have become frustrated by the umlaut in Ruedger or whatever.

ScreenSave161.jpg

Raising the regiment and just having them sitting around doing nothing... What a waste of taxpayer money! Except instead of taxpayers it's me, and instead of money it's nothing because I exploited the game mechanics...

ScreenSave162.jpg

Look, he's not even fighting anyone! What a waste of the taxpayers' nothing!

How long will Werner von Habsburg's regiment stay mobilized, not doing anything but sitting on their hands? Just why did the King mobilize them in the first place without a war to fight? Just what will the King of Germany waste the taxpayers' nothing on next? What will become of the bastard son Ruedger? Will he grow up to be a right bastard? Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited: