• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any more Al's you're going to pre-conquer before joining the Crusade against the Seljuks? Are the habsburgs still in line to inherit Byzantium? Will Anon's other AARs be finished before war is declared on the Seljuks?

No, yes, and no.

Okay I just finished catching up to this. The Seljuk's are insane. I'm playing as Abydos currently, and i'm dealing with that fact very painfully, and I've passed up quite a few chances to fight them as I've had to make sure my BB goes down. So Chill on the DoW :p

By the way Anon, I love it! I've been laughing at every major post, even the unimportant ones! Good job man!

It's Al Mystery.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave539.jpg

I also look for a wife for Johann, and unlike his father a real one. And what's better than a ridiculously well-statted 16-year-old daughter of the newly converted Catholic Arab Duke of Krete, who got to his position in a very confusing way involving being the vassal of an independent Levantine bishop that happened to have his army capture the provinces of Krete? (Seriously it was pretty weird.)

ScreenSave540.jpg

I like money.

ScreenSave542.jpg

And oh look what a pleasant surprise she's still a Muslim. Yeah. That's just peachy.

ScreenSave544.jpg

And you'd better get better!

ScreenSave546.jpg

Because this happened somehow!

ScreenSave547.jpg

Also this, which is a pretty good result, considering it's only one step away from Midas Touched.

ScreenSave551.jpg

Also this, which was appropriately timed.

ScreenSave552.jpg

Also this, which I have no idea how happened.

ScreenSave555.jpg

Also this, which I have no idea how happened.

ScreenSave556.jpg

Well at least this makes sense.

Oh and if you don't know what the fifth picture means, it means that Arpad Beck inherited his equally bald Hungarian count father's county, thus making him the Count of both Narbonne and Al Djazair, and resetting my occupancy of Al Djazair. I don't know if this reset my occupation of Alania or what though. I have absolutely no explanation for that one. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

How bizarre and al-around annoying.

What you've Al been waiting for.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1160-1161

ScreenSave558.jpg

I don't even know why the game sent my lousy Steward to command an army. His military score's pathetic even by von Habsburg standards! Or maybe 3 is sadly not as pathetic as I thought. Well it's 0 now.

ScreenSave564.jpg

Yeah if I crush them they might just change their religion from Orthodox to... Orthodox? What? What?

ScreenSave568.jpg

Silly Narbonne, I can't annex your province yet!

ScreenSave569.jpg

Well whatever. I don't care anymore.

ScreenSave573.jpg

Because the moment you've been waiting for all your pathetic lives for is here! The armies of the von Habsburg will crush the armies of the Turk on its way down the list to Al Bichri!

ScreenSave576.jpg

Well that was anti-climactic.

ScreenSave577.jpg

Oh look Seljuk forces in France sneaking up on me. Well I don't think so!

ScreenSave578.jpg

Take that losers!

ScreenSave579.jpg

Ah yes a perfect time to pop out a kid. Shame his mother's martial stat did NOT catch on. For all I know I might be fighting the Seljuks still sixteen years from now!

ScreenSave580.jpg

But probably not for Al Bichri.

Yeah it's here. Happy now? Yay we're at war with the Seljuk Turks. Whose Empire stretches from the Persia to France to Mesopotamia to Anatolia to Greece to the Levant and I guess that's it but it's pretty big and has a lot of rich provinces and huge armies and will probably smash the Byzantines to a paste and then come after me and never accept peace with me ever as I give away all my core provinces and end up retreating to some frozen Scandinavian province barely keeping my empire together all because I jumped into it now. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

It's been a long time coming but someone must now face their reckoning. And it probably wont be the Turks. ;)

Still "Real Men cliché-buzzword-cliché."

anonymous4401 said:
[/indent][/indent][/center]

Yeah it's here. Happy now? Yay we're at war with the Seljuk Turks. Whose Empire stretches from the Persia to France to Mesopotamia to Anatolia to Greece to the Levant and I guess that's it but it's pretty big and has a lot of rich provinces and huge armies and will probably smash the Byzantines to a paste and then come after me and never accept peace with me ever as I give away all my core provinces and end up retreating to some frozen Scandinavian province barely keeping my empire together all because I jumped into it now. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

well maybe you should have thought about that before you declared war on the seljuks, its not like you had a bunch of people daily pressing you to declare... never mind

Only 11 pages, that is not bad, not bad at all…. The war has arrived and now it is time to crush those evil Turks with their enormous armies, I am sure you will win… or you might of course end up with just one small province in Scandinavia left, but I don’t think so.
Real Men always win, one way or another!

anonymous4401 said:
Yeah if I crush them they might just change their religion from Orthodox to... Orthodox? What? What?

I love that. You crush them, you kill them, you burn them, and your piety increases :D

I am al-pumped up for the war.

Fin-al-y...

I mean, I understand that everyone was al-ready pressuring you to declare war on the S-al-juq Turks, but I'm sure that your disparate-enough provinces are far enough apart for them to take the f-al if necessary...

Try some hit-and-run tactics, you know? Grab 'em by the nose and hit 'em in the b-al-s! (Okay, I'm done... :confused: )

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

[GOOGLE Medieval Edition Adwords]Christian armies, assemble for the Holy Crusade against the Infidels![/GOOGLE Medieval Edition Adwords]

Goody. Excellent.

War against the infidel. How many Al states are lurking in the realm of the Seljuks?

These orthodox just don't know which religion they are. You just have to remind them. Next time you aim to convert them, use a Catholic missionary.

Real Men Are Finally Kicking The Bees Nest... :D