• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Emperor has misunderstood something I think, this is no way to act against fellow players. But now that he can fight for you why not declare on the evil Turks? Real Men should just close their eyes and DO IT!

anonymous4401 said:
ScreenSave329.jpg

Very well. My new Steward is Hugo von Habsburg, Stefan's nephew and husband to my Spy Mistress!

Let me guess... the BSO of this AAR is "We are family", perhaps? :rofl:

Excitement Al around.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1150-1151

ScreenSave333.jpg

La dee da da, going to a shrunken Poland to find a wife for Ernst von Habsburg...

ScreenSave335.jpg

And the child-count of Al 'Aqabah makes peace, which is really nice because then I don't have to worry about that lousy province!

ScreenSave337.jpg

Ah well, it could be worse.

ScreenSave338.jpg

And now we know where my 331 ducats went.

ScreenSave339.jpg

TurkWatch: 1151: The Seljuk Turks have added Mesopotamia to their domains, thus making them slightly more undefeatable than they already were! (Which is completely)

ScreenSave340.jpg

Oh no Stefan can't get sick ;_;

ScreenSave341.jpg

Well at least he's healthy enough to move his army to Hama!

ScreenSave342.jpg

Oh yeah there was another reason for marrying Stefan to Juliana Torchitino besides her great stats and her nubile teenage body. She was also one of the older daughters of her father, the Count of Arborea, which meant that any son she bore would be next in line for the Countship! That way I could plan long-term to inherit the province when it was next on the list! However with Al Bichri it looks like it will be a long time before it's next on the list anyway.

ScreenSave344.jpg

All right BenMuman off you go back to your homeland of Wales. Yes it's Wales not some remote Central European province I promise you now go

ScreenSave345.jpg

Meanwhile Stefan's army goes to battle against the Arab! I bet this exciting fight will be a cliffhanger!

Okay seriously? A battle where the enemy is outnumbered 10-1 is supposed to be a cliffhanger? Just what is this AAR trying to pull? Is it even trying anymore? This is just ridiculous and I won't stand for it! Just how gullible does this author think we are? Really now! That's it man. I quit. I quit this AAR. It's an insult to the readers to call something with an outcome so obvious a 'cliffhanger'. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Real Men Hate Cliffhangers, Especially Bad Ones... :D

After you have defeatedthe Arabs for which they will pay handsomely, Aaarhgau or the D o A (Duke of Abydos not dead on arrival) will be able to pay to be restored to health - faith-healers, don't you just love them? - and start assasinating various Seljuk appanages until the realm falls apart.

I'm not surprised Stefan is sick, he was making such fine progress towards his gaols and now look at him, about to throw his valiant warriors to a suicidal death.

Murmurandus said:
Real Men Hate Cliffhangers, Especially Bad Ones... :D

Let's hope that something doesn't turnb bad and he gots defeated. :D

I think your only real option is to wade in, if Real Men can't succeed, real men die trying.

It's Al Wonderful Life.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1151-1152

ScreenSave346.jpg

Haha! In the middle of the battle I take Stefan's army out of Hasa! I bet you didn't expect that, READERS.

ScreenSave348.jpg

Now those Tripolitan dudes will have to fight it out themselves!

ScreenSave349.jpg

Meanwhile the Abydosans go to Tell Bashir! Why would they do such a crazy thing?

ScreenSave350.jpg

Sorry Hama, but the 25 piety I lose for making peace with you is certainly worth more than 17 ducats! Well I do have over a thousand piety already but whatevs.

ScreenSave351.jpg

Every time a marshal with a tiny regiment takes a province with the mysterious aid of a larger one, a duke gets his wings. That's right, that's right. Attaboy, Stefan.

ScreenSave353.jpg

New Spymaster! This one's almost as good as Dublemna Dunkel was, and the latest in the trend of Irish and Welsh immigrants taking all our jobs!

ScreenSave355.jpg

Ernst! I didn't send you to the army to laze around! I sent you to become a Brilliant Strategist or whatever they have there so that you can lead my armies instead of the Martial Clerics I scrape up!

ScreenSave356.jpg

Hehe. An Arab Catholic is now the independent count of Crete.

ScreenSave357.jpg

Hehe. I bet 'Ffraid' is 'afraid' to die of her pneumonia, which in medieval times was a long, protracted, and painful affair that ended in complete and agonizing misery!

ScreenSave358.jpg

And now we have TurkWatch: 1152. Note that the Byzantines have managed to annex all those Arab statelets in the Caucuses, which is what I was hoping for from the start.

I bet lovable ol' Ernst von Habsburg starred in his own movie called Ernst Goes To Army Camp which details his formative years of not becoming a Knowledgeable Tactician and perfecting the perfect thumbs-up through endless practice. And guess what will be a sequel to that movie, Ernst? That's right, Ernst Fails To Become Even A Historical Footnote As His Low-Martial-Rating Self Gets Completely Forgotten As Another Faceless Male Von Habsburg By Both The Player And The Readers! It will be direct-to-video. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Bad Santa said:
Can you show whos next in line after this duke there are so many deaths and births im a bit confused?
Hermann the Ugly is first in line.

JimboIX said:
I think your only real option is to wade in, if Real Men can't succeed, real men die trying.
No real men wait until the Il-Khanate arrives. It's called being opportunist!

And it's quite disturbing how few people have voted in the AARland Choice AwAARds, or even read the AARlander. This makes me quite sad.

From the last update I see that the Selucids have 6,000 soldiers less than in the previous chapter. So, cheer up, Brian! In 20 years you'll be at odds with them, if they keep this pace :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
From the last update I see that the Selucids have 6,000 soldiers less than in the previous chapter. So, cheer up, Brian! In 20 years you'll be at odds with them, if they keep this pace :D

Time-travelling Selucids? I thought time-travelling was a different AAR. anew line for real Men: When in trouble, Real Men bring other historical armies to fight for them. Selucids declare war on the Seljuks a case of the same land, different time, declaring war on itself. The idea brought a gleam to my eyes.

[The Selucids are named for the Macedonian General of Alexander who took and kept most of the conquests in Asia. His successors proceeded to lose chunks of it until Pompey ended their last remnant in Syria and added it to Rome.]

Ernst plaintive cry, "I wanted to be a steward. I 've never had the faintest clue which end of a sword to hold."

Er... you got me...

Ernst movies are pretty awesome....can you even imagine how much better they would be with inbred Hapsburgs starring?

anonymous4401 said:
Hehe. I bet 'Ffraid' is 'afraid' to die of her marriage, which in medieval times was a long, protracted, and painful affair that ended in complete and agonizing misery!

You really should check these things before you post them. You can't expect me to always fix them for you.

Shows how much you know, Dyskman! Ffraid was never married in her short and painful life as that would have either required me wasting a male von Habsburg on her low base-stats, or a foreigner asking for a choleric girl's hand in marriage!

anonymous4401 said:
Shows how much you know, Dyskman! Ffraid was never married in her short and painful life as that would have either required me wasting a male von Habsburg on her low base-stats, or a foreigner asking for a choleric girl's hand in marriage!

Trying to cover up the truth is not what Real Men do.