• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Real Men Watch TurkWatch Every Day...

Whilst the German emperor has all his regiments, there is nothing Stefan Hapsburg can do, but twiddle his thumbs. He has to hope his regiments don't actually take any provinces and someone does not invade him whilst his troops are away.

bowl of soup said:
Also what does Aristotle say about conquering the next province?

I hope that he does not say something like "Real Men wait for Mongols to take on the Turks"...

Weddings, funerals, wars: It's Al here.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1149-1150

ScreenSave305.jpg

Marrying a female von Habsburg to a Byzantine courtier for prestige, doo de doo...

ScreenSave307.jpg

Amazing how the Ancient Greeks could treat a years-long malady with nothing more than a crutch and some bandages!

ScreenSave309.jpg

Great, now my steward dies.

ScreenSave310.jpg

She is replaced by her slightly less homely, slightly less skilled daughter.

ScreenSave312.jpg

What? A girl, becoming a scholar!? Not on my watch! 'Oh dear!' indeed, event engine! I'm glad you agree with me!

ScreenSave313.jpg

I hope this Byzantine Emperor has far better luck than his predecessors in not being a stupid idiot.

ScreenSave315.jpg

And for more boring news, some boring- What!?

ScreenSave316.jpg

All right! Time for action!

ScreenSave317.jpg

Woooooooooo!

ScreenSave318.jpg

Oh, and TurkWatch: 1450? Still insurmountable.

Argh, great job! And I say that sarcastically, if the italics were not clear enough. This war with the Emirate of Arabs was supposed to distract from the total and complete lack of progress on the Al Bichri situation! But no, you just had to remind them of the existence of the Seljuk Turks right at the end of the update, didn't you? Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

anonymous4401 said:
ScreenSave318.jpg

Oh, and TurkWatch: 1450? Still insurmountable.

Amazing how times flies when you are doing absolutely nothing.

Have to bite the bullet one way or another. Byzantine Emperor is bound to be incompetent.

Real Men Just Close Their Eyes And Jump Right In... :D

Going Imperi-Al.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave320.jpg

And I join the Byzantine Empire! Just in time for the Byzantine Emperor to suck me dry of all my bodily fluids! I mean income! Yes, income.

ScreenSave321.jpg

And since I'm in the Byzantine Empire now, I declare war on all those little Arab shiekdoms that stretch from Syria to the Caspian Sea!

ScreenSave322.jpg

Meanwhile Petros von Habsburg, the prodigal Count of Al Amarah, battles for his life!

ScreenSave323.jpg

Fear not, Petros, for help is on the way!

ScreenSave324.jpg

And don't worry! When the Arabs breach the gates of your Medium Castle you and your ridiculously high-statted children can come live with your uncle Stefan in Abydos! And then he will make sure to defeat those mean Arabs and take back Al Amarah with an army led by himself this time so that he could give it to someone who won't take all of his high-stat children with him! Sound good?

ScreenSave326.jpg

Aww.

ScreenSave327.jpg

Oh and a funny note here. I thought that this offer would give me 331 ducats, not take it away from me! So in haste I eagerly consented. Boy what a silly little mistake!

ScreenSave328.jpg

Well I guess the stewardess didn't think it was so silly.

ScreenSave329.jpg

Very well. My new Steward is Hugo von Habsburg, Stefan's nephew and husband to my Spy Mistress!

ScreenSave331.jpg

Well the armies of Byzantium sure have piled upon Tell Bashir with gusto!

That Petros von Habsburg is just not a team player! I really wanted those high-stat children, too. Also that Byzantine Emperor is not a team player. What kind of team player takes more than half of the income from everyone else on the team? Some sort of team Emperor or something? I don't know what he thinks gives him that right! Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

The kind of Emperor that won't disown you when you sign his death warrant by declaring war on the Seljuks, knocking out Al Bichri for a quick peace for all your gold and then leaving him to hold the bag? Instead, he'll wait for you to disown him. He could be that guy. Or just a loser individualist. Could go either way.

*snort*

Nonny screwed up. :D

Ayeshteni

Real Men Give Ratballs For Teamplay Anyway... :D

Yay! Update! \o/