• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quite the stumbling block, but eventually, the Seljuks must falter. Or Real Men, fearless and without shame, could simply march on Al-Bichri, take it, and then pray for peace. It'd be the end of Germaqny though.

Oh and just be careful that the King of Germany doesn't invade any muslim provinces with your armies. You will get them you know. *evil grin*

Ayeshteni

Real Men Don't Know The Word 'Insurmountable'... :D

I'm scared.

Al Bichri DoWed on me on my game.

Murmurandus said:
Real Men Don't Know The Word 'Insurmountable'... :D

That joke we have heard before. :p

Doing Nothing At Al.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave273.jpg

Heh. Long. Swords. Wait what?

ScreenSave276.jpg

Anyways, it's a shame.

ScreenSave277.jpg

But her base stats are still good. Plus I'm lazy and don't want to keep on looking abroad for wives every time a male Habsburg grows up. Heh. Looking abroad for a broad. I should have used that as a joke somewhere.

ScreenSave279.jpg

Yeah, Halfdan! You deserve this for having a weird name like Halfdan, Halfdan!

ScreenSave282.jpg

Yeah you deserve this too I guess. And you'll have plenty of time to think about what you did wrong when you are... dead?

ScreenSave283.jpg

Oh right my regiments are off at war somewhere.

ScreenSave285.jpg

Silly Germany, you already mobilized every one of my regiments!

ScreenSave286.jpg

Silly Welf. Just because you're married now doesn't mean you get to have a court position.

ScreenSave288.jpg

Meanwhile Stefan gives birth to yet another daughter. By now he has enough to make a women's softball team! And just like a women's softball team nobody will care about them.

ScreenSave294.jpg

Well I suppose that's one way for a Count to get a King title...

And we continue on our way with this AAR, despite the insurmountable obstacle blocking us from our next goal, by simply pretending that that goal does not exist! Hooray! You, the reader, will have plenty of updates to look forward to as the years drag on that consist of nothing but trivial minutae about marrying people to people and watching other nations get into cool wars and have more fun than us! Aren't you excited? Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Also, vote in the AARland Choice AwAARds, or I'll kill you! Also, support the many members of the community that took time out of their busy schedules to write articles for it by reading The AARlander! The simple act of reading it will support them, somehow...

Real Men Take Example From The Count Of Montpellier... :D

Murmurandus said:
Real Men Take Example From The Count Of Montpellier... :D

And Don't Take it From the Former King of Hungary :D

How does the German Duke of Abydos get a King title..and would it have to be Armenia?

anonymous4401 said:
Meanwhile Stefan gives birth to yet another daughter. By now he has enough to make a women's softball team! And just like a women's softball team nobody will care about them.

Well if THAT hasn't lost you the last female reader I don't know what will.

Oh good point. Are we all REAL men here, or is there any limp wrists still lurking here too.

*runs screaming from the remaining rainbow brigade*

Ayeshteni

Eh I figure every once in a while a female might end up reading this AAR without having caught up to all fifty-plus pages, so I make sure to include a misogynistic reference every few updates. :nods:

Longswords. You know, made for penetrating one's enemies...

...okay, I'll stop there. ;)

Gotta love the complete and total lack of maturity running rampant in this particular segment of the AAR. If the entire Muslim world doesn't kill you, the juvenile humor will. :p

Logic-Al.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave295.jpg

To kick off this new update we shall introduce an exciting new feature of Real Men Do It Alphabetically: TurkWatch! The feature that will keep you up to date on whether or not the Seljuk Turks are still so strong that attacking them would be suicide! And as of 1149, the answer to the question is 'Yes!'!

ScreenSave296.jpg

If he were any other son I would not have minded. However, he is none other than the namesake of Werner 'The First' von Habsburg! I cannot let this accusation stand!

ScreenSave297.jpg

Yes, yes I have!

ScreenSave298.jpg

Man, I should go into debt in real life! Because then I could borrow enough money to fund a kingdom's army instantly without having to pay any of it back, for the price of only a small chance of being excommunicated! Thanks, Crusader Kings!

ScreenSave299.jpg

Man, that Bishop wants to play chess with me, but he always wins! If only I could do something about it...

ScreenSave300.jpg

I know! I'll adopt the principles of Aristotelian Logic! That guy seemed to have it all together! With it this chess-winning bishop will be no match for me!

ScreenSave301.jpg

Alas, adhering to these principles of inference lead me to the conclusion that as a rebellious vassal it makes no sense to continue being a vassal.

ScreenSave302.jpg

And with leaving the Kingdom of Germany returns my battered legions! The one out of ten men that survived that journey are surely being celebrated across the Duchy!

ScreenSave303.jpg

And the ironclad jaws of logic force my hand: To prevent the possibility of Werner's namesake Werner not being a true von Habsburg must be silenced by silencing the spymistress in the most silent way possible: Killing her. Only this time, unlike every other time I've wanted someone dead, it'll look like an accident! Of old age! Aristotle, you're a genius!

ScreenSave304.jpg

Sure, it cost me a four-point drop in combined Intrigue score but Aristotle said it's worth it so there.

Man that Aristotle. Is he ever wrong? I don't think so. Because that means that I betrayed my liege and killed off my best spymistress for no reason! And that sure would be embarrassing! Just what would we do without that crazy Greek guy? Also, Aristotle tells me to follow the example of Arthur Cynfyn to borrow my way to riches in real life. Since I am a citizen of the country with the highest GDP in the world, I shall become a multi-trillionaire in one fell swoop if the laws of CK applied to the real world! And nobody will stand in our way, will they Aristotle my friend? Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Real Aristotles are not Wrong. They are just in the Middle of Things :rofl:

I wonder if they read Aristotle in Al Bichri. I think real men should just wade in..of course, Turkwatch would be missed then.