• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MagisterMundi said:
Real Men Aren't Afraid Of Rushing Headlong Into Battle Against Foes Ten Times Their Size... And They're Also Not Afraid Of Reloading If This Fails Miserably. ;)

Real Men Never Reload. It's Just the Game, that Crashes Unexpectedly :D

Any chance the Sheik has heirs that aren't in Medina? That would move it out of his sphere of influence if they had a different liege, if not, I think this is a quick attack, sue for peace with all of your money experience. Real Men will triumph, but can noit admit fear.

That sure was one strong ruler you are up against, maybe this time direct war is not the best way, but instead use the way of the assassins and then steal the duchy…Real Men can’t stop now, you need to get that province ;)

Chief Ragusa said:
The Germans are coming. It'll be alright. Alright, but boring.
Ah, but will they arrive in a way so that I will not lose my territories some of which are very deep into the Middle East, and I will be able to take an keep Al 'Aqabah?

And it's funny to see all you guys thinking up schemes and ways to make war against Medina feasible without coming up on the solution that presented itself!

Doing Jack-Al.

Chapter 15: Al 'Aqabah

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taxed disproportionately from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave180.jpg

Like CLOCKWORK!

ScreenSave182.jpg

Meanwhile the game kindly assists me in pruning my court, which has been getting a bit large as of late.

ScreenSave183.jpg

Yep.

ScreenSave185.jpg

And yep.

ScreenSave187.jpg

Meanwhile you can see the progress the crusade I declared to reclaim Sicily has made. Half of Christendom has declared war on the Sheikdom of Palermo, and not a single one of them have actually landed any armies yet.

ScreenSave188.jpg

And one of my Irish courtiers is kindly offered a repatriation.

ScreenSave191.jpg

And the Emir of Medina does me a great favor by quite literally going to war with the most far away Christian kingdom in all of Europe. Well I suppose Scotland is a bit farther but the English are at least strong. Now all I have to do is wait as the Medinans send all of their armies on a months-long boat trip to Merrie Olde Englande.

ScreenSave192.jpg

To celebrate I expel some merchants

ScreenSave195.jpg

And hang some criminals.

ScreenSave198.jpg

And watch my liege's kingdom continue to crumble.

At last the opportunity to strike presents itself! I was going to write something here about taking forever to get to actually declaring war on Medina and then surprising everyone by declaring war in the next update, but as you've seen the Medinans are moving their armies far away it won't be a surprise. Which is good because then I can keep the fact that even if this chapter went on for a dozen updates it will be nothing, NOTHING compared to what's to come, under wraps! Yes, absolutely nobody will know about that. I'm a genius! And there you have it in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
What a disastrous King. Looks like you're about to get lucky again.

So Medina declares war on Scotland, well that was lucky for you (or perhaps a part of the Real Men’s super plan for world domination) still this must be taken advantage off…

well you had best Declare war now, before the brave Scots take evrything for themselves.

:nods:

Aye

Al-most There.

Chapter 15: Al 'Aqabah

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taxed disproportionately from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1146-1147

ScreenSave200.jpg

And since this chapter is taking forever (how quickly are the twenty updates it took to get Abauj forgotten) I suppose you all will rejoice to see that I am now moving one of my armies somewhere.

ScreenSave202.jpg

Meanwhile at the ripe old age of fifty-one, Stefan von Habsburg once more joins the Cool Kids' Club! It proves only that you are never too old to be cool!

ScreenSave203.jpg

Yeah! Can't wait to start bullying around the less cool kids, like that Welsh marshal with too many Ys in his name!

ScreenSave204.jpg

Nothing like being cool to fire up the old drive!

ScreenSave205.jpg

And nothing is cooler than fake complots!

ScreenSave209.jpg

Wait no, moving large armies is also cool!

ScreenSave212.jpg

As well as discovering exactly why my court was just filled with refugees.

ScreenSave214.jpg

Oh well, back to the mother country with you. Okay Alcacer do Sal is in Spain but it's ruled by an Irishman so it's close enough.

ScreenSave215.jpg

Meanwhile the Medinans have sufficiently mobilized and sent that mobilization far away! Now is the time to strike!

ScreenSave216.jpg

Yeehah!

Nothing cooler than going to war against the infidel! Or being cool! Being cool is great! I wish I was cool. Why can't I be cool? And there you have it in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Nothing cooler than going to war against the infidel! Or being cool! Being cool is great! I wish I was cool. Why can't I be cool?

:rofl:

Another defenceless hill fort to fall to the lucky Hapsburgs. Are you going to remain at war with Al Jawf until its turn comes round? How's the crusade against Sicily? Is that why southern Ireland is going islamic?

anonymous4401 said:
Nothing cooler than going to war against the infidel! Or being cool! Being cool is great! I wish I was cool.

Nothing keeps you from being cool. Real Men Are Cool. Real Ladies Are Cool. Real Doogs Are Cool. Real Chips and Fish are... Real Chips and Fish, you nkow.

So, be Cool, my Water, er, my Friend.