• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sounds like a good policy to me.

anonymous4401 said:
Argh, stupid daughter! Where's a staircase when you need one?

Windows are really helpful, sometimes...

Bloody daughter creating trouble like that, something needs to be done. I also agree that a new policy is needed, one that stop daughters from creating trouble for their father when he is on campaign.

Very funny :).

Looks like Real Men are suffering a setback.

Well, children are attention-seekers ... ;)

Real Men Are Just Fooling The Enemy By Losing Battles And So Concealing Their True Strength... :D

Just wanted to say I loved your AAR...just finished reading the whole thing, start to finish. I especially enjoyed seeing Fredrich Goseck, who was your marshall before being mauled by a boar...because he is the 6-year-old count of Anhalt in my story, "We're On a Mission from God...Don't Tell the Pope."

Keep up the great work!

Adrian's Fall.

Chapter 7: Adrianopolis

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer assigned uncaringly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave206.jpg

Well we may have lost that battle and the Adrians may be quickly retaking their province, but we have nothing to fear, for the Germans are here! That's right, the thousand legions of the German empire descend upon Thrace, readying their swords and preparing to-

ScreenSave208.jpg

let the Adrians recapture Adrianopolis

ScreenSave211.jpg

and do nothing while sitting pretty in Abydos.

ScreenSave212.jpg

Well except for one of the German regiments that got lost and accidentally battled the Adrians. And I really do mean that literally.

ScreenSave213.jpg

Because the battle didn't last long as they just walked on through. But the Adrians were still weakened, so I took the opportunity.

ScreenSave214.jpg

Rematch time!

ScreenSave215.jpg

It's certainly going much better.

ScreenSave216.jpg

And victory, so sweet!

ScreenSave218.jpg

Adrian is unretakened, and I notice the Germans crushing the Nikomedeians through sheer bodyweight alone in the east.

ScreenSave219.jpg

With this in mind, the Nikomedeians are more than happy to settle for the loss of Adrianopolis.

Take that, you Adrians! You work for me now! The path to the rest of the As will be through ground soaked with Adrian blood! And of course Aargauan, Abydosan, Abkhazian, Achaian, Acrean, and Adanan blood as well, and also whatever other A provinces are picked up along the way. But not Abauj because it's so poor haha. Also the title of this update is a pun. You'll never believe the way it ends in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
I knew that those beer drinkers were going to be useful some day :D

Those Germans really helped out. That was lucky. On to Agder, somewhere in Norway, wherever that is .. ruled by someone of Hungarian extraction. But not that that will save them.

Hasn't Abauj recovered from the assorted plagues visited upon it?

The Niko/Adrians yield. Let the scattered empire prosper. Must've cost Germany a fortune just to show up.

Real Men Use Their Brain Mass In Stead Of Their Bodyweight... :D

anonymous4401 said:
Adrian is unretakened

What I appreciate about these graphics AARs is the great care employed in word choice. :D
j.