• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anon, one of my favorite features of this AAR is that giant list you post in every chapter.

It's amusing. :D

The Master Plan of Stefan von Habsburg.

Chapter 7: Adrianopolis

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer assigned uncaringly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave143.jpg

Broadswords. Heh. Broads. Oh, what was that? Something about Adrianopolis?

ScreenSave144.jpg

Oh right my cunning plan to take Adrianopolis that is so cunning that I've already started marching my armies. Well as you can see this is the Count of Adrianopolis, and fourth in the line of succession is one oddly named Zenobios Dukas

ScreenSave145.jpg

Who is a courtier in the Principality of Nikodemeia. Okay I guess you can't see it here because he's still a courtier in Nikodemeia but trust me this will work.

ScreenSave146.jpg

Heinrich d'Ardennes, King of not only Germany but Burgundy and Italy as well!

ScreenSave147.jpg

Let's compare. Here's Byzantium. Weak. Decaying.
Half of Greece and Anatolia are gone, mostly the richer provinces too. Crete is gone. Cyprus is gone. Rhodos is gone. Antioch is gone. The only gains they have made are annexing the scattered Fatimid territories in the Near East (the Fatimids having moved to Spain, go figure) as well as Turkmenistan off-screen, which are base .60 drains to the economy more than anything. And it's still ruled by Drago Cherven, who still has that Realm Duress trait, which still is having an effect on the peripheral principalities...

ScreenSave148.jpg

Meanwhile, here's GERMANY! Stretching from the North Sea to the Adriatic Sea, not only has it managed to keep its starting formidableness mostly intact, but managed to expand as well, taking Genoa and pushing the French border to Marseilles. If there was a France. Which there isn't any more. At all.

ScreenSave149.jpg

And so, despite the Byzantines being much closer to Nikomedeia than Germany, the Germans are a better choice of kingdom to join. Crap did I say Nikomedeia and give it away?

ScreenSave150.jpg

All right fine, I'll say it. My plan is to kill enough of the Adrianeopolitan line of succession so that the county falls to Zenobios Dukas. Under Adrianople's succession laws the Prince of Nikomedeia will then be next to inherit. Thus after I assassinate the new boy-count, the Prince of Nikomedeia will have Adrianopolis. I declare war on him and win. There.

I don't know how you guys managed to get me to divulge my master plan before I implemented it but somehow you did. And now you know exactly what's going to happen in the next updates: Tons of assassinations. There I spoiled it for you. But really, you spoiled it for yourselves. Just think about that. Sometimes, the truth won't set you free. You'll never believe the way it ends in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Assassinations? Sounds like typical byzantine politics for me.

Just remember to have a henchman acting as human shield/body double.

Back home to Germany, the DUke of Abydos..well, Abydos at least is convenient to Nicomedia.

Normally I'd applaud a Dukas being on the receiving end of an assassination, but I, I am in unfamiliar territory in feeling that this is not quite right. Logical, but not nice and as such typically Hapsburg. I look forward to watching this unfold.

Mmmmh, the killing machine doesn't stop... But remember... assassins work both ways... ;)

Assassination.

The mediaeval version of a backhanded compliment....

Sounds like a good plan I think, just kill a lot of people and then grab the province from some idiot after he has inherited it… that might work :)

Rather convulted way of going about it, but sounds reasonable.

Judas Maccabeus said:
*turns off Truth-getting Machine*

Boy, is that ever a nice-looking Germany. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles... :D

It's only 60 years in, gamewise. Give a German PC a pope with a few hundred prestige and she's toast. :D

j.

Llywelyn said:
Great. a, those lyrics don't have what he said, and b, now Anon needs a rating at the front. Still not as bad as Carthade :D but what could be?

j.

Bah, you just can not understand the underlaying message... :mad: :p

Real Men Never Tell Their Masterplan In Case It Turns Out It Doesn't Work... :D

Murmurandus said:
Real Men Never Tell Their Masterplan In Case It Turns Out It Doesn't Work... :D

...Real Men Never Apprently Tell Their Masterplan to Drive Mad the IA (well, in case the IA read this forum).

Don't look at me in such a way. I'm not (so) mad...

Killing Antemios Philinos and every single one of his relatives.

Chapter 7: Adrianopolis

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer assigned uncaringly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave151.jpg

A journey of a thousand assassinations begins with but a single killing, if that killing is of the spymaster.

ScreenSave155.jpg

Sexy time!

ScreenSave163.jpg

And when the dust is settled, the Zenobios is all that's left standing.

ScreenSave165.jpg

Poink.

ScreenSave166.jpg

And now the Prince of Nikomedeia can proudly claim to have three provinces, one of which is the next province on our list.

ScreenSave167.jpg

Maybe if you become an Intricate Webweaver or Midas Touched or something we'll talk. (But he's probably going to be one of the lowest-tier education guys bah)

ScreenSave168.jpg

Died of being Hungarian. Probably caught it from an Abaujite. It's sadly fatal.

ScreenSave169.jpg

The more I think about it the more I wish that Berthold von Habsburg had become Duke instead of boring old low-stat Stefan. Well they only really differ in Martial and Diplomacy and in these Berthold still isn't exceptional, but he does have the von Habsburg pompadour that good old Werner von Habsburg sported. Of course he was the only ruling von Habsburg to ever sport it but it's still a von Habsburg pompadour dammit!

ScreenSave171.jpg

I don't know how this French guy got into my court but I'll have to give him a court bishop position because we don't have one. And the end of the update is coming up! Surely it will be an exciting new development that will have you gripping the edge of your seat until Thursday, when the development is developed further and you can release your seats, or perhaps grip on to them tighter?

ScreenSave172.jpg

Nope.

Ha, fooled you didn't I? That was my April Fools'! Hey it's still April so it counts. But now the stage is set for the conquest of Adrianopolis and only Adrianopolis. It'll be pretty cool once I'm done because Adrianopolis is close to Abydos and is pretty well-off as well. I guess. You know. Because the addition of an imaginary province to my imaginary dukedom in a computer game about cruasading is very important to me. You'll never believe the way it ends in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited: