• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I reply when I feel it's worth it. Doesn't happen very often, though I do read every comment.

If all else fails, call in the Abauj regiment. All 15 of them.

Don't need to apologize. It's just that it doesn't seem to me most people will care if I responded to their comments or not, from the nature of their comments. I highly doubt people will be writing essays in response to updates to this AAR.

Bringing in reinforcements... those Abbassids... what a way to spoil a battle... :D

bowl of soup said:
Maybe something about Real Man? But you're right. Your AAR doesn't allow for highly philosophical discussions.

What? No highly philosophical discussions here? So, what I've been doing by now?

:rofl: :rofl:

Habsburg's taking over the world. Nothing unusually about that. Real men know doing it alphabetically carries with it the seeds of disaster. An injudicious marriage could lead to the inheritance of a province out of sequence and failure.

Defeat… that is not a good result, not good at all. But I think next time everything will work out much better.... I hope

Chief Ragusa said:
Habsburg's taking over the world. Nothing unusually about that. Real men know doing it alphabetically carries with it the seeds of disaster. An injudicious marriage could lead to the inheritance of a province out of sequence and failure.
Yeah I have a contingency plan for if I acquire a province out of order but it's messy. (One of the reasons why I left the Byzantines was that I was next in line to inherit, due to Elective Law. I don't think I remembered to point that out though...)

Real Men Can Take A Little Setback... :D

@Aye That's my man... :cool: :D

Hartmann's War.

Chapter 6: Adana

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer claimed unrightfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1128-1129

ScreenSave110.jpg

When Stefan says that his wife is a sociopathic bitch he now has facts to back it up!

ScreenSave112.jpg

Hartmann's army reaches the northern Anatolian shore only to meet with rebels. Amisosan rebels rebelling for a cause completely unrelated to me. Probably because the Byzantines let the Fatimids take their province before taking it back. Seriously how the hell? Also Stefan's wife is now infertile due to depression making her 100% useless.

ScreenSave113.jpg

Despite us not even being in the empire anymore Hartmann still gets to clean up their messes.

ScreenSave114.jpg

A month later he's in position to attack Adana. At least the Abbasids left.

ScreenSave115.jpg

A daughter? BORING. BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORI-

ScreenSave116.jpg

Okay FINE. Hartmann now reached Adana. Happy?

ScreenSave118.jpg

And he liberated Adana. And since it was he and not Duke Stefan or Anonymous Commander that did it he gets to claim it for himself.

ScreenSave119.jpg

After all that Hartmann Hagiasophia gets to be a count. I hope he didn't take all that me teasing him about his ridiculous name to heart. Nah he probably did.

ScreenSave120.jpg

Oh, and Adalbert von Habsburg died. The reason why he had that much money is because the moneylender event fired for him a while back but I didn't report it because it was boring.

ScreenSave121.jpg

He was also leading the Achaia regiment which had been marching overland to Anatolia since near the beginning of the war with Adana. Yeah. It took them so long that their commander died en route. No wonder the game suggested I use boats.

And thus passes Adana. Though it took us twelve years at least it didn't end with the Seljuks besieging Abydos like they probably would have if I had declared war on them while joining the Byzantines like that time I failed to take Adana before Acre fell and then lost Adana. I mean that never happened because I have never reloaded a game ever. Yeah, that will throw them off the tracks. anonymous4401, you're a genius! Recoil in horror as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Good progress but well.... not so funny update, the outro was readable tho.

Adana falls! Rejoice.

By the way you totally had me bear tracking. Yup.

Cheater!

Incidentally, Hart's really only cut out to be a court jester. He wouldn't know what to do with independence if he had it.
j.

So .... next up?

Real Men Don't Cheat... Ever... Oh, Well, Maybe Just One Time To Get Things Moving Maybe... But Other Than That, Never... Ever... :D

Murmurandus said:
Real Men Don't Cheat... Ever... Oh, Well, Maybe Just One Time To Get Things Moving Maybe... But Other Than That, Never... Ever... :D

No. Real Men Don't Cheat. Real Men Adjust Reality to Their Needs. So simple. :D
When Stefan says that his wife is a sociopathic bitch he now has facts to back it up!

She'll be a delightful mother-in-law for every cuttie girl willing to marry her (1) sons, I bet!!!! :rofl:

(1)Stefan's wife sons, that is, Stefan's sons, too, not the cuttie's sons, but if she -the cuttie, not Ekaterina- wants to marry her own sons, well...