+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 57 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

One True Faith.

Chapter 6: Adana

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer claimed unrightfully from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1119-1121

The progeny of Rudolf von Habsburg, now huddled refugees in Oesterreich, so far on the list. How cruel, their fate.

And a useless daughter born, if it weren't for the high martial stat. I could use her as a breeder for that down the line. Russian, too.

All right, I knew giving power to the clerics would pay off! Now to crush those heathens in... Abydos?

Nothing like putting your capital province to the sword to convert to another brand of Christianity to fire up the old drive!

Well he's all right. Diplomacy could be better.

The same burning bald guy that burned one of my marshals (or was it spymaster I don't know) a while back returns, but this time he wants to burn heathens! Hooray!

Of course more money would be nice to offset the expensive cost of burning enough peasants to convince the rest to convert.

Acre's now reduced to a fraction of its original prosperity, but at least they're not Muslim anymore!

This guy's on fire!

Three for three!

Three provinces turned to the True Catholic Faith in as many years! Now the only province in the Duchy of Abydos that isn't Catholic are those crazy Abkhazians, but who cares about them? They're no harm just sitting there with their weird Georgian culture and the largest regiment in the realm. And just what will happen to Rudolf von Habsburg's children, far away in a distant land blah blah I don't care. Recoil in horror as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 02-06-2007 at 03:53.
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Three for three! That man really WAS on fire. A REAL Man, if I dare say so.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

It's really Rudolf returning from the grave with first hand experience of hell who is inspiring the heathens to convert. He will go to Abkhazia, too. It's his soul at stake as well. Then there's a visit to the Bishop of Osterreich to explain the kidnapping of his children.

Hermann the Habsburg - it has a certain monstrous crushing quality associated with it.

On to Adana. The Hapsburgs pause for no monster.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    I guess that this bald bad madman is going to become one of the most popular secondary characters of this AAR... dunno why...

He has even appeared in my own AAR -damned be his soul!-
    Fan número uno de Ailee para el resto de la eternidad y un poco más.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: El baile del hombrepanda [Actualizado 11/04/2014]

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Blog Entries
    I beg to differ. No Hapsburg daughter is ever useless. Contradiction in terms. There is always someone, somewhere, no matter how remote or insignificant who wants to marry a Hapsburg lass.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: A Milanese Education EU3 DW 5.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stnylan
    I beg to differ. No Hapsburg daughter is ever useless. Contradiction in terms. There is always someone, somewhere, no matter how remote or insignificant who wants to marry a Hapsburg lass.
    And if her older sisters should have an accident befall them, they pay for the privilege!

j.
    All Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    triumphing over sloth transmitted them to posterity
    . — John of Salisbury
    “ æ ð € £ § ¬ † ‡ ¹ ² ³ — · ˚ ſ ¡ ¿ ‽ ≈ ≠ ¶ • º ”

My Inkwell

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionDeus VultEU3 Complete
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Blog Entries
    Now bring on the Crusade! Take all the A's!
    http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/01/...fear-of-china/

Interesting read to all those having had enough of pre-fabricated western media stories..

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Nice set of conversation of provinces there. It seems like Real Men are Winning the Religion game
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Ah, how fitting to convert all of those provinces on Easter.
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Never Turn To The True Faith On Eastern...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Khan of the Crimea Hajji Giray I's Avatar
    EU3 Complete

Wow, it had been a while since I dropped in but ... you might actually pull this off!!

In fact, by my calculations you will finish the letter A within 85.5 months, in the year 2014. Not that I'm being discouraging or anything. Oh no! No no no no no. No no nonono. Of course not.

that was a very creepy row of smileys
    Friends, I am no longer a regular visitor to the Paradox forums. However, you can attract my attention at any time by sending me a PM. I am notified by e-mail and will happily get in touch. ~ Hajji

The Official OT Forum Museum
    a collection of the best OT posts and threads of all time!

Debts Unpaid: The First Guy Marlborough Mystery
    Five times an AARland Choice Winner!
    View a directory of my other AARs

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

We're not off on the road to Adana.

Chapter 6: Adana

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer claimed unrightfully from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1122-1125

A nearly irresistible wench? How can I resist?

And thus is born the second Hermann von Habsburg. Will he compete with his older brother who is also named Hermann to be Stefan's most-loved son that is named Hermann? Of course not as obviously the legitimate son that has better stats anyways will get more love.

Hehe I'm sending the Spanish von Habsburg to priest school! Get it? I need more bishops down the line, that's why.

Man this new children being born stuff is BORING. I wish I could skip it like I did all those other BORING events.

Only the Byzantines can take on a weakened child-led Muslim Kingdom that negotiated peace with a scattered 5-province Duchy and begin losing provinces in Anatolia...

Despite having a good five-child bearing record Urraca still dies in the middle of childbirth.

So I marry her von Habsburg husband to Stefan's sister-in-law because that is how I roll.

HELL NO! (also how i roll btw)

Man the saga of Abba-jammer was pretty boring. Flee to a Christian duchy a thousand miles away and hang around doing absolutely nothing until you die.

And there goes Guntram von Habsburg, the most promising von Habsburg thus far.

Waah waah waah we're not getting any closer to getting Adana. Waah waah all this stuff is boring. Waah waah waah. Recoil in horror as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 02-06-2007 at 03:52.
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Are Never Boring...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    A possible Habsburg Pope...?

Interesting...
    Fan número uno de Ailee para el resto de la eternidad y un poco más.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: El baile del hombrepanda [Actualizado 11/04/2014]

You roll well. The Hapsburgs are solid.

Deus Vult

you roll well, but you roll slow... :nods:
    AARs:
    Pictorial and gameplay - China: The Yellow Fever - Favorite EU2 Gameplay AAR Q2 2006, Q1 2007, Q2 2007
    Comedy - England: All your COT are belong to us - Weekly AAR Showcase 25-02-07, Favorite EU2 AAR Q1 2007, Favorite EU2 Comedy AAR Q2 2007
    History book - Spain: The final frontier

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Shouldn't the tag line be

Be bored to death as you read the next possibly exciting episode ...?

What's this, habsburg younglings dying? It's what you get for denying the Hospitallers a castle. I don't understand you, turning down all those free troops they'll throw at you whilst you tackle the League of AL. Next time they won't ask , nicely.

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

So we are back to children being born and then they die, I think you need to send a formal complaint to your insurance company about this… Let us hope that the next episode will be more interesting and that Real Men Will Do More Next Time…
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Real Men Never Recoil In Horror.

Not even at Hajji Giray’s prediction that it will take 85.5 months to complete the AAR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 57 82 ... LastLast