• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Odd,I can never create a bishop whilst being Excommunicated. I put this down to sheer blatant Hapsburg favouritism. You never know what you're getting with Russian mail order brides. Sometimes they bring the rest of their family with them.

Rudolf's bound to revolt. I see the Byzantines are still using your army, even though you declared UDI. You're not trying to get Da'ud killed are you? That would be such a waste of an excellent general.

Real Men Wonder Why Everybody Uses His Tagline Now... Real Men Are Not Unique Anymore And Demand (Monetary) Satisfaction...

Real Men Don't Grumble... ;)

Real Men Have Faith In The Mad Bishop Rudolph... :D

Real Men are not Afraid at all.

Just a little worried :rofl:

Chief Ragusa said:
I see the Byzantines are still using your army, even though you declared UDI. You're not trying to get Da'ud killed are you? That would be such a waste of an excellent general.

Unless I missed something, Rag, Da'uds on the other side. He can't take him back.

j.

Does anyone have a save game parser that works for 1.05 and knows how to use it? My games are over 20MB now.

Ah, what's a Habsburg line without a few completely and utterly useless people intererspersed throughout?

anonymous4401 said:
Does anyone have a save game parser that works for 1.05 and knows how to use it? My games are over 20MB now.

Quit complaining. My England one's up to 55 MB and I can live with it. :p

Just 20MB - consider yourself lucky! ;)

Sounds like you are starting to edge up against some monsters however.

A Hero Falls.

Chapter 6: Adana

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer claimed unrightfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1118-1119

ScreenSave21.jpg

Ahaha, Manfred von Habsburg, bastard uncle of Stefan and marshal, killed himself! Because he was depressed! What a loser!

ScreenSave24.jpg

I bet that old wound isn't as aggravating as the fact that you'll die alone and hundreds of miles away from your family, in a strange land, in the court of the very man that destroyed your armies and will put your people to the sword to convert them to his heathen religion. Because man that must hurt a lot. Hehe.

ScreenSave25.jpg

Well I didn't marry Stefan to that broad to put her in a court position, but rather to pump out as many small children as she can with that base 9 Intrigue she has. Which she has started doing.

ScreenSave26.jpg

Haha Adriana Nemanjic is depressed! Could it be because... she's ugly? Hahaha I bet it is! Because she's ugly! And wearing a hairnet! And will die alone because the only way for her to marry now will be if I marry a male von Habsburg to her which will never happen because that won't give me any prestige nor more von Habsburgs for that matter as she is infertile due to depression, which is also the reason which no foreigner will ask to marry her either! Ha!

ScreenSave27.jpg

And Da'ud died of old age, with none of his children or grandchildren by his side! Ha! And he was probably buried upside down or something because he's a Muslim in the court of a Christian king who was never useful anyways. Nobody went to his funeral.

ScreenSave28.jpg

All right, 'noble'. I'll grant you refuge.

ScreenSave29.jpg

Because your name is so ridiculous it will generate much-needed laughter and mirth at my court! Hartmann Hagioprokopites! Can you believe it? You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried! Hagioprokopites? More like HagioprokoLOSER! Ahahahaha his name is so ripe for parody.

ScreenSave31.jpg

And I'll even let in a wandering bishop too!

ScreenSave32.jpg

Because not only is his last name 'Zerbos' but he is also BALD! So bald that I'm making him my chancellor rather than diocese bishop! That's right, bishop-man. My contempt for you and your lack of hair runs that deep. Because you're bald.

ScreenSave33.jpg

But alas, as mirthful as this update has been, with so many hilarious deaths and depressions of courtiers, it must ultimately end on a sad note. For as you can see by the fact that it is an Italian man that is not only not insane, but not disloyal and plotting my death as well while being the Bishop of Abauj, Rudolf von Habsburg is dead. Rudolf von Habsburg, marrier of Knýtlings, filler of court positions, wanter of attentions, bishop of Abaujes, and collector of mental maladies, passing on without even a notice to me, as he was in his own court, his children and wife scattered to the winds. Truly a sad day.

Here rests his head upon the lap of Earth,
A youth to Fortune and to Fame unknown.
Fair Science frowned not on his humble birth,
And Melancholy marked him for her own.

Large was his bounty, and his soul sincere,
Heav'n did a recompense as largely send:
He gave to Mis'ry all he had, a tear,
He gained from Heaven ('t was all he wished) a friend.

No farther seek his merits to disclose,
Or draw his frailties from their dread abode,
(There they alike in trembling hope repose,)
The bosom of his Father and his God.

Rest in peace, Rudolf von Habsburg. A better man has never lived. Recoil in horror as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Rudolf cannot go like that, all unremarked. It has to be asked how can he recoil in horror at the next installment when he is dead?

Hartmann - as in Wolf ram and Hart? There is something sinister here.

No wonder her family let her go, Ekaterina is a hopeless spender. Did they tell her, Habsburgs have no gold? Who inherited Da'ud's gold?

Last edited:
Too bad you could not use Da'ud against the Seljuks.

And what i found even funnier is that that Hagioprokopites is actually German. That sounds German indeed! :rofl:

The saga of Da'ud is hilarious. I'm glad Double H has stepped in to fill the void of courtier entertainment.

EightDeer said:
Notice how anonymous4401 carefully avoids metioning Adana.

That's because he has himself gained the trait depression and is taking it out on his courtiers.

I'm with Raguman. Rudolf needs more closure. Like being appointed undead bishop of Adana. After you take it from the Seljuks. :snicker:

j.

Real Men Don't Die Alone Like That Rudolf Guy - Is He Even A Von Habsburg? :D

Wow. Rudolf's death was precipitous there.

I am already shuddering thinking of what's next...

RGB said:
I am already shuddering thinking of what's next...

Rudolf raising from the dead seeking for blood? :D

Heh. That update was extremely.... weird. But it still was not weird enough for me not to notice that there was no mention of Adana. ;)

Nice try to get our minds off it, but it didn't work! Giev Adana! :D

Hagiowhathisname reminds me of some of the characters from the Asterix series... :D