• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well won in your war with the Fatimids. You're only fighting the Abbasids. Perhaps the Seljuks will not get involved and even if they do, you have a general in Da'ud who wins victories with seeming ease?

Just who will Stefan marry? A Knytling bride, perchance?

Will the lands of Al form a defensive allaince as they will soon be come the target of the Habsburgs?

Last edited:
Excuse me if I don't expect your luck to continue. The Seljuks are nigh unbeatable in every 1.05+ game I've played.

Now taking bets on which culture of woman Stefan will marry (for children), and over/under on capture of Adana is seventeen years. Place your bets.

Well- that will be challenging. But the Hapsburgs are relentless- it is their destiny. Not sure who you can pledge to to avoid that Monster though.

Even Real Men would shudder at the thought of fighting Seljuks.

You must be the Real-est man of them all.

RGB said:
Even Real Men would shudder at the thought of fighting Seljuks.

You must be the Real-est man of them all.

Well, dunno if real men would shudder... at least mean with a bit of common sense, I would guess :rofl:

Real Men Don't Give A Sh*t And Just Plunge In... :D

Real Men Would Run Around Screaming Like A Girl

Ayeshteni

Real Men Have A Plan. A Cunning Plan.

Fighting that huge juggernaut should be interesting, I can only hope you will survive and not see some of your provinces stolen from you. Good to know you have a plan. As for that cunning plan I think it indeed has something to do with a turnip, a very large turnip… ;)

anonymous4401 said:
Real Men Have A Plan. A Cunning Plan.

Baldrick used to have always a Cunning Plan.

I don't think we can call Baldrick a Real Man. :D

Well the cunning plan is to actually wait until the opportunity presents itself where we can be completely sure of taking Adana without catastrophic consequences for us in the end, as opposed to just declaring war and rushing in blindly. Which is precisely what I did with Acre and the Fatimids. Which in retrospect should not have gone nearly as well for me as it did.

This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you've got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour porterage and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants!

Just found this...and gotta say....This AAR has taught me MORE about how to play CK in the Last 24 hours then I learned from reading the Book and trying my hands at 5 or six games already......

Real Men are Patient...

Especially if those Real Men are used to other kind AARS and problems with the updates...

Hi, Allenby ;) :D

Back in Brown.

Chapter 6: Adana

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer claimed unrightfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1117-1118

ScreenSave0.jpg

Well I guess it's back to being independent for me.

ScreenSave1.jpg

And back to not being horribly in debt! And unlike Stefan's father, he did not become a heretic nor excommunicated! Hooray!

ScreenSave3.jpg

And to show off my new independence I get an ally. He follows me around in wars and stuff.

ScreenSave6.jpg

Whoa, look at this kid! 10 base stewardship and 8 base intrigue? My wouldn't it be a shame if he died of a debilitating illness before he reached manhood, much less inherit the dynasty after years of manipulating the succession laws so that I can have a duke with good stats for once.

ScreenSave9.jpg

And as the super-Byzantine superforce faces off against a very small, quite familiar-looking Fatimid army, all the power in Acre has been taken from the non-clerics and given to the clerics, who are Christian now apparently, as doing this will speed up the conversion event that I so desire.

ScreenSave10.jpg

Why, yes glorious battle. In which he was leading the very same army that we had defeated in battle just months ago, against our former lieges. Yes. Glorious.

ScreenSave11.jpg

And seeing as how Stefan's old wife died during the last update, he resorts to Russian mail-order brides!

ScreenSave12.jpg

But in medieval times the process is quite different, as they pay money to him!

ScreenSave16.jpg

And while the moneylenders got us out of debt, which is good, they also wiped out our piety, which is bad. Which is why I am creating a bishopric. However to do that one must appoint a court member with an ecclesiastical education to the post, and the only man that fits that bill is one Rudolf von Habsburg, the schizophrenic chronically-depressed money-demander. Surely nothing bad could come out of this...

ScreenSave17.jpg

Surely nothing terribly and horrifically destructive to the realm could come out of this...

What will happen to Guntram von Habsburg, fated to a life of misery by his fortunate stats? What will happen to Da'ud of whatever, being old and Muslim and stuff? And just what terrible, horrific, destructive event will come out of the unholy appointment of Rudolf von Habsburg to a position of ecclesiastical power over an entire bishopric? Recoil in horror as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
You switch sides more often than a seesaw.

Real Men do Confusing Things Sometimes....