+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 91 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 51 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Well, it's pleasant to see Stefan aiming to set himself up for the Mecklenburg Book of Game Records "most married" title. Does he have any male relatives to take up the slack of actually, yknow, inseminating fertile women, though? or is he playing roulette with his dynastic fortunes?

A 64 year old wife! That is scary.
    Mostly because if you don't already buy them damaged they (unlike any character you ever try to keep around) can last for another decade or two...

j.
    All Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    triumphing over sloth transmitted them to posterity
    . John of Salisbury
    ˚ ſ ‽ ≈ ≠

My Inkwell

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Dunno. When you marry someone that old, odds are that the reasons for their old age will make them pretty tricky to get rid off.
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401
    I don't care about roleplaying and I'd click Yes to an event about feeding you to a grain thresher piece by writhing piece if one of the effects was to gain me the next province in my alphabetical list.
    Code:
    #The Achaians will join you if you feed your ruler piece-by-piece into a grain thresher#

character_event = {
    	id = 12345

picture = "event_agriculture"

trigger = {
    		condition = { type = ruler }
    		condition = { type = age value = 16 }
    		condition = { type = title value = C744 } #Abydos
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 90
    	}

action_a = {  #In you go!
    		effect = { type = death }
                             effect = { type = gettitle which = C476 } #Effect does not actually exist.
                              effect = { type = addtrait for = player value = cruel }
    	}
                 action_b = {  #Nah.
                              effect = { type = random chance = 25
                                    effect = { type = addtrait for = player value = merciful }
                              }
    }
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

The hag will backfire I think- and traumatize Stefan. But he's a Hapsburg, he'll recover by marrying his cousin or aunt.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Don't Need Nifty Events...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: Warband

And with that last prestige earned through blood, toil, sweat, and tears, I can finally claim Achaia!
    Marrying off your courtiers to the sick and elderly? Damn that is so bloody.. erm.. toilish?, and sweaty that it surely made you cry a lot. Or not. Brilliant!

(and yes, I voted)
    CK AARs:

The Rise of Dalmatians (current), a 1187 Duchy of Dalmatia AAR (BACK SOON!)
    - Co-winner of Favorite New Writer in the AARland Choice AwAARds 2006 Q3
    - WritAAR of the Week - Oct. 22, 2006

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Window of opportunity.

Chapter 4: Achaia

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taken unconsentingly from phargle's
    Knud Kntling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1113-1115

I reward my Marshal generously because he's my brother. I think. I mean, Stefan von Habsburg's brother. I think. Maybe he's my uncle or something. I mean, Stefan's uncle.

And Stefan celebrates as his elderly wife dies, as it surely means that I'll marry him off for realzzies this time, to a pretty 16-year-old with great...stats?

WRONG! Hahaha. I love my job. I mean, my hobby. My hobby that certainly does not have more time and care devoted to it than my job.

And not only do I get to collect prestige twice, but marriage duty twice as well!

Rudolf von Habsburg finally admits that he was only pretending to be depressed for attention.

Hey, I remember you! You're that guy that I spent a very large amount of CK-bucks on to join the court, but turned out to be useless! Get lost!

And Hajnal Oeroesur gets lost as well, for some reason. Oh well, at least I no longer have to have umlauted names in my court.

All right, my road network is done! Now it will... not help movement at all... because my empire is completely noncontiguous...

And furtherm- Wait, WHAT!? Drago Cherven, Count of Achaia, declared independence from the Byzantine Empire!?!?! It's a temporary situation for sure, as he's bound to ask to rejoin the Empire soon, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with a very narrow window of opportunity! And I intend to peek through that window. Yes. I'm pretty sure that's how the saying goes.

What fortunate luck, what lucky fortune! Taking Achaia by force will shorten the time it takes to take that province by decades, perhaps even more! But it is certainly not without risks. The wrath of the Byzantines might descend upon us if, say, Achaia asks them to be their liege almost immediately. Which is what probably will happen. Will it happen? Who knows. Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 07-10-2007 at 06:08.
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Amazing. It's like they're Acha-ing to be Annexed.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Create Their Own Windows Of Opportunity...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Marrying old widows for their prestige is an old Byzantine trick! They'll admire you for declaring war on Achaia. Go for it!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Maybe Stefan is marrying old women because he really does like old women? Really old. Preferably sick. Perv!
    CK AARs:

The Rise of Dalmatians (current), a 1187 Duchy of Dalmatia AAR (BACK SOON!)
    - Co-winner of Favorite New Writer in the AARland Choice AwAARds 2006 Q3
    - WritAAR of the Week - Oct. 22, 2006

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    And furtherm- Wait, WHAT!?
    Isn't that the wise trait he's sporting there? Not very apropos... or maybe he's just counting on that 18 martial stat to keep your slavering Germanic hands off his eggo...

EDIT: Be funny to see the Habsburgs become a little bit more like the Knytlings by blowing their one chance in a generation to take the next letter in their transgenerational spelling contest.

j.
    All Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    triumphing over sloth transmitted them to posterity
    . John of Salisbury
    ˚ ſ ‽ ≈ ≠

My Inkwell

Achaia is toast, the empire prospers. The new wife is even older than the first- Stefan's dreams must be terrifying. Finally, do you think he'sfaking the schizephrenia too? If so- impressive.

74 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter Wizard

Real Men Don't Care About Consequences.

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

WRONG! Hahaha. I love my job. I mean, my hobby. My hobby that certainly does not have more time and care devoted to it than my job.
    In Scandinavian Marsvin is Guinea pig, and you gain prestige by marrying the poor guy to her?
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Its alive, the AAR is once more alive. Great to see it return. Seems like you have a lot if interesting guys at your court and now that you have a chance to grabbing that province by force you should move at once, start the war and crush them
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joes War- a Boer War AAR

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Finally found Jehanne's chastity belt! But can't get the key in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake IV
    In Scandinavian Marsvin is Guinea pig, and you gain prestige by marrying the poor guy to her?
    and she is lustful. yikers.

And go smush Acheia IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Ayeshteni
    "I Have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephan Hawkings

Owner of a Golden Phoenix cookie! Extremely Proud owner of a BiB cookie! I also have a very special Johan cookie as well
    Owner of 7 2Coaties
    "Why not? The primary causes for union are, thankfully, long gone. So why are we hanging on to it? For the sake of sentimentality? An uncertain economic argument that's easily dismissed? Nah. Go forth, Scots. All power to your elbow. You'll take the oil and we'll take the nukes, and we'll be in Brussels afore ye. And so on." - Rabid Bogling

Deus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by Snake IV
    courage IS prestigious, no?

and it took balls to marry a lustful grandmama, didnt it?
    AARs:
    Pictorial and gameplay - China: The Yellow Fever - Favorite EU2 Gameplay AAR Q2 2006, Q1 2007, Q2 2007
    Comedy - England: All your COT are belong to us - Weekly AAR Showcase 25-02-07, Favorite EU2 AAR Q1 2007, Favorite EU2 Comedy AAR Q2 2007
    History book - Spain: The final frontier

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeshteni
    and she is lustful. yikers.
    And she has a disease. I wonder what kind .
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 91 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 51 76 ... LastLast