• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What terrible oversight! It seems that I forgot to add THE LIST to the beginning of Chapter 4: Achaia! Well, rest assured, it is there now.

I was planning to have a special return update. It was going to be in the same format but about the AARland Choice AwAARds and how you should all vote in them for the sake of this AAR. But the modding took too much effort so I'm reduced to simply begging. If you really do like this AAR and are waiting patiently, then please read other AARs in other forums and vote on them. There are two weeks left.

So, completely on GOOD FAITH that at least SOME of you will vote in the ACA, this AAR begins updating again starting today. Please vote.

The insane shall inherit the earth.

Chapter 4: Achaia

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taken unconsentingly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1109-1110

ScreenSave7.jpg

Nooooooo!... But I promised you a kingdom, of Aargau! Of Aaaaaaargaaaaaaaaau!

ScreenSave8.jpg

But on a lighter note the high-prestige King of France accepted the marriage proposal to whichever broad that is on the screen there. I don't care! And just who is this Arnaud?

ScreenSave9.jpg

He is sick, that's what he is! A sick, sick man!

ScreenSave10.jpg

Meanwhile the crazy homeless guy makes the astute observation that the dead rotting corpse of Berthold of Aargau isn't doing a very good job of being the Diocese Bishop. He, naturally, suggests himself as a replacement. Why not?

ScreenSave12.jpg

All right, we fulfilled God's will! Take that, Christian one-province Duchy we annexed through a move of extreme treachery... And a few Christian rebels in Abauj I guess.

ScreenSave13.jpg

Speaking of whom...

ScreenSave16.jpg

We fulfill God's will again upon the God-hated Abaujites!

ScreenSave18.jpg

Tell me, why is it that the most ambitious and successful court member I have by far is a sixty-year-old crazed vagrant with zeroed stats? Why, just why?

ScreenSave19.jpg

Well at least Agnes (I guess that's her name) proves herself more useful than the average woman in the only way a woman can be! That is, her sick bastard of a husband died so soon after marrying her that she somehow stayed in my court, allowing me to marry her off a second time for more prestige!

ScreenSave22.jpg

Like so!

Boy it's fortunate that that sick Arnaud died so quickly after being married to whats-her-name, huh? Almost as if I specifically picked him for his sickliness in yet another strategy to gain the prestige I so covet! And just what will that wacky Rudolf von Habsburg do next? He'll probably find a way to topple the entire Byzantine Empire all by himself, and gain a few more mental maladies after he's done. Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Real Men Are Happy To See The Return Of The Von Habsburg Wacko's... :D

Agnes must be far prettier than her picture if she can induce such fatal desire in a husband. Will Bagrat survive? Which province is the dastardly Habsburg trying to seize next anyway? Still Achaia ...

What will the hapsburgs do with all that prestige- overawe the abaujites? The suspense is deadly.

Real Men Vote In The ACA.

Dysken said:
Real Men Vote In The ACA.

Unfortunately, real voting in the ACA was over a week before you wrote this, making the point somewhat mooty.

j.

Llywelyn said:
Unfortunately, real voting in the ACA was over a week before you wrote this, making the point somewhat mooty.

j.
Why yes. That is why I, founder of the ACA, didn't extend the deadline and then ask you to vote in the ACA a week after the deadline passed. Now go vote in the ACA! Just do it! NOW!

An unhappy marriage.

Chapter 4: Achaia

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taken unconsentingly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1111-1112

ScreenSave26.jpg

Stefan is finally full-grown! What delightful sallow eyes! What charming balding head! Well, at least his jawline is strong. And in celebration of his adulthood this update is dedicated to him!

ScreenSave27.jpg

And as his first act of adulthood, I marry him to a 64-year-old hag for the prestige! Get to learn these life lessons early, kid. I don't care about roleplaying and I'd click Yes to an event about feeding you to a grain thresher piece by writhing piece if one of the effects was to gain me the next province in my alphabetical list.

ScreenSave28.jpg

There's money in it too!

ScreenSave29.jpg

And with that last prestige earned through blood, toil, sweat, and tears, I can finally claim Achaia! If you squint to the right you can make out that province sitting on the western edge of the Peloponnese peninsula. Squint a little less and you can see the Byzantines beating down their formerly-loyal vassal of Athens.

ScreenSave30.jpg

Finally, a ruler with a good education for once!

ScreenSave31.jpg

And the prestige does keep coming in for Stefan.

ScreenSave32.jpg

Let us break for a moment of silence and prayer for the passing of the most famous Prince of Denmark in Crusader Kings. Much better than that emo wuss Hamlet, that's for sure. For in this life, his life was one of triumph and adventure. Always with a beautiful wife at his side, he bore many sons that went far and wide to become Counts of faraway lands, his eldest succeeding him as Duke. Though his life was not without defeats, as in war he lost his entire demesne and ruled as a Duke without land in his latter years. Even in AARs other than his own, his life manages to be more interesting than whatever that player dynasty is doing.

ScreenSave33.jpg

Well I hope that this at least gets those Abaujians distracted enough to not revolt so often! Get it? It's because they'll be too busy feeding and taking care of the goats, as the life of a goatherd is undoubtedly one of much hard work! Hahahahahaha

ScreenSave36.jpg

Well I guess that Rudolf just couldn't stand being out of the spotlight and decided to become depressed for the sake of attention. This guy is quite a character.

ScreenSave37.jpg

But this is an update about Stefan, so we close on this!

Will Stefan's new 64-year-old wife die quickly so he can remarry again, for real this time perhaps? Will Rudolf ever recover from his depression? Will Stefan's quite understandable infidelity sire a bastard? Yes, yes, and no. Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited: