• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chief Ragusa said:
The problem would be solved if Stefan could give up s claims on the Empire of Byzantium in exchange for those counties in his personal demesne that the Hapsburgs need.

Methinks that claim on the Imperial purple will be Stefan's way of getting enough prestige for the next claim. All he needs to do now is... win the civil war! Or rather, be involved at the time that SOMEONE kicks some Basilearse...

So a new count, well at least he is young and should have a lot of years ahead of him to take the next province form the emperor, but as he is also a nervous wreck he might end his life early and make it necessary to use some kind of warranty to get a new count… I guess we should just hope he will live long and grab a lot of provinces :)

Mommie Dearest.

Chapter 4: Achaia

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taken unconsentingly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1102-1103

ScreenSave387.jpg

Adalbert von Habsburg, the oldest of Werner's bastards, wastes his base diplomatic value with a substandard education.

ScreenSave388.jpg

Meanwhile, in an unprecedented move, a prestige-lowering option in an event is chosen, bringing down Stefan von Habsburg's prestige from 5 to 0.

ScreenSave389.jpg

At least his life is better than his bastard uncle Manfred, whose depression is a bad thing because that means that until it clears up he won't sire me von Habsburg heirs...

ScreenSave390.jpg

But Adalbert's still good, and we go to the newly-independent County of Naissus to seek a bride, the 12-stewardship Helena Branas!

ScreenSave391.jpg

Which is accepted, bringing our prestige up to...six...

ScreenSave393.jpg

Branas is, of course, made our steward.

ScreenSave394.jpg

Just in time for to be building a forestry in Abydos, our newest province.

ScreenSave396.jpg

Meanwhile Hajnal, mother of Stefan and bearer of fragile children, realizing that her mediocre skills will not land her any positions, requests 'permanent retirement' at the ripe old age of 33. I refuse because why not? Just what possible harm could come from her staying?

ScreenSave397.jpg

Oh.

ScreenSave398.jpg

Well, at least that was easy to fix.

As expected, absolutely no progress was made towards gaining the province of Achaia! And just why did marrying that high-stewardship courtier give us only 6 prestige? 6 prestige is nothing! Nothing! And will Hajnal Oeroesur cause any more trouble? Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Catfight in the treasury. Shame Stefan's too young to appreciate it fully.

The prestige you get for marrying folks is based on their prestige and titles, no?

So Hajnal was not so prestigious, being just a courtier? There aren't many events giving the ladies prestige, so they tend to be pretty low unless they get a court position.

*Under 30 years."

What Manfred needs is a good war and he knows it which is why, being too young to fight, he is depressed.

I hope you have some troops on hand in Abydos to cope with the revolt from all those nice people displaced to make way for the nice new forest.

Duke of Wellington said:
I think this shall be the hardest so far.

indeedy, this will make or break the next several years (real time) :D

Ayeshteni

Real Men Can Make Invisible Progress... :D

Buying My Religion.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taken unconsentingly from phargle's

1103-1105

ScreenSave399.jpg

And for absolutely no reason whatsoever, Stefan von Habsburg is excommunicated!

ScreenSave400.jpg

Meanwhile, Abydos recovers from the Byzantines looting it (because we certainly weren't the ones to do so...) and our Crusade is over! I didn't even know we were on Crusade!

ScreenSave401.jpg

And more simultaneity as Manfred von Habsburg comes of age and a forestry is completed at the same time!

ScreenSave404.jpg

For Manfred, a depressed bastard, we look to Knud Svendson Knytling's granddaughter.

ScreenSave405.jpg

While we wait for the answer, we build a tile-factory in Abydos, which is a pretty rich province if the numbers don't lie...

ScreenSave406.jpg

Oluf Knytling accepts.

ScreenSave407.jpg

Which is very good for us! Needless to say, she's our Spy Mistress now.

ScreenSave409.jpg

Burning Bald Man is back again, saying that Stefan has to pay the rest of his allowance to the Pope for the next ten years so that he can stop being an excommunicated child.

ScreenSave410.jpg

Meanwhile, amazingly, the Emperor of Byzantium creates the County of Achaia for his son! This opens up the option of possibly gaining the province through marriage, though we're going to have to wait at least 16 years for that...

ScreenSave412.jpg

And the tile-factory is complete.

Boy, those silly Knytlings, always marrying off their daughters to crazy homeless people and depressed bastards! Just what will they come up with next? I'm asking you a question here. Just what will they come up with next? Answer me! ANSWER ME, DAMN YOU! Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Real Men Don't Answer Silly Questions... :D

Is elective law still in force in Byzantium? If not, would it be against house rules to inherit the Empire?

JimboIX said:
Is elective law still in force in Byzantium? If not, would it be against house rules to inherit the Empire?

Yes, it would, since that would involve inheriting a massive number of provinces out of order.

Bloody Pope always interfering in your business, and this time he even takes all your money away… that is just evil. Well let us hope he will stop bullying you now that he has got all that money…

A quantum leap.

1106-1109

ScreenSave414.jpg

And while we're breezing through the game-months waiting for the allowance debt to be paid and for something important to happen, something unimportant happens, namely, one of our allies fighting an obscure shiekdom on the other side of the world. I accept.

ScreenSave415.jpg

Which gains us this strange fellow.

ScreenSave416.jpg

Abu-Hammer of Albedo-Dorsal or whatever his name is called. On another note, it looks like the trend started by my very own Berthold of Aargau is spreading even to very faraway lands!

ScreenSave417.jpg

Aww, that's really cute. Isn't that just precious?

ScreenSave418.jpg

Normally I'd tell this guy to get lost, but the prospect of adding a high-stewardship court member is intriguing.

ScreenSave419.jpg

Ow. I just paid my debt, too. Now we're back in debt...

ScreenSave420.jpg

For this? SIX stewardship!? The game ripped me off!

ScreenSave421.jpg

Well, at least now Stefan can marry his oldest sister off to the highest bidder for a bump in prestige. Being a kid Count must rock!

ScreenSave2.jpg

And we already profit off of crazy-man! We have at least one more male dynasty-member in the pipeline thanks to him, and three more lump sums of prestige!

ScreenSave4.jpg

Whoa. Abydos is more advanced than I thought!

I'd post something about how cute Albedo-Dorsal is for sending a 70-man regiment a thousand miles just to besiege Aargau, but who cares about that? We have missile technology! Missiles! What strongest stone fortress, what mighty formation of knights, what great empire will stand against us after we barrage them with a barrage of friggin' Peacekeepers? This is the Middle Ages! A single Scud alone can take out half an army and frighten the rest into a rout! That's it, I'm declaring war on every kingdom, sultanate, and tribe in Europe and North Africa, and I'm going to win! Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited: