+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 48 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ragusa
    The problem would be solved if Stefan could give up s claims on the Empire of Byzantium in exchange for those counties in his personal demesne that the Hapsburgs need.
    Methinks that claim on the Imperial purple will be Stefan's way of getting enough prestige for the next claim. All he needs to do now is... win the civil war! Or rather, be involved at the time that SOMEONE kicks some Basilearse...

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

So a new count, well at least he is young and should have a lot of years ahead of him to take the next province form the emperor, but as he is also a nervous wreck he might end his life early and make it necessary to use some kind of warranty to get a new count… I guess we should just hope he will live long and grab a lot of provinces
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

I wonder what odds JM is offering for the time it will take for Achaia to be added to the slowly growing list of Habsburg lands.

Where is that English fleet, these days?

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Mommie Dearest.

Chapter 4: Achaia

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taken unconsentingly from phargle's
    Knud Knıtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1102-1103

Adalbert von Habsburg, the oldest of Werner's bastards, wastes his base diplomatic value with a substandard education.

Meanwhile, in an unprecedented move, a prestige-lowering option in an event is chosen, bringing down Stefan von Habsburg's prestige from 5 to 0.

At least his life is better than his bastard uncle Manfred, whose depression is a bad thing because that means that until it clears up he won't sire me von Habsburg heirs...

But Adalbert's still good, and we go to the newly-independent County of Naissus to seek a bride, the 12-stewardship Helena Branas!

Which is accepted, bringing our prestige up to...six...

Branas is, of course, made our steward.

Just in time for to be building a forestry in Abydos, our newest province.

Meanwhile Hajnal, mother of Stefan and bearer of fragile children, realizing that her mediocre skills will not land her any positions, requests 'permanent retirement' at the ripe old age of 33. I refuse because why not? Just what possible harm could come from her staying?

Oh.

Well, at least that was easy to fix.

As expected, absolutely no progress was made towards gaining the province of Achaia! And just why did marrying that high-stewardship courtier give us only 6 prestige? 6 prestige is nothing! Nothing! And will Hajnal Oeroesur cause any more trouble? Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 07-10-2007 at 06:29.
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Over/under on Achaia is set at 30 years. Place your bets.

So, when do you feel like getting a break?
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

Catfight in the treasury. Shame Stefan's too young to appreciate it fully.

The prestige you get for marrying folks is based on their prestige and titles, no?

So Hajnal was not so prestigious, being just a courtier? There aren't many events giving the ladies prestige, so they tend to be pretty low unless they get a court position.

*Under 30 years."

What Manfred needs is a good war and he knows it which is why, being too young to fight, he is depressed.

I hope you have some troops on hand in Abydos to cope with the revolt from all those nice people displaced to make way for the nice new forest.

I think this shall be the hardest so far.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Finally found Jehanne's chastity belt! But can't get the key in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Wellington
    I think this shall be the hardest so far.
    indeedy, this will make or break the next several years (real time)

Ayeshteni
    "I Have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephan Hawkings

Owner of a Golden Phoenix cookie! Extremely Proud owner of a BiB cookie! I also have a very special Johan cookie as well
    Owner of 7 2Coaties
    "Why not? The primary causes for union are, thankfully, long gone. So why are we hanging on to it? For the sake of sentimentality? An uncertain economic argument that's easily dismissed? Nah. Go forth, Scots. All power to your elbow. You'll take the oil and we'll take the nukes, and we'll be in Brussels afore ye. And so on." - Rabid Bogling

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Maccabeus
    Over/under on Achaia is set at 30 years. Place your bets.
    Over. I offer another keg of beer, if I win - my debt is paid.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Can Make Invisible Progress...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

AARlander

Buying My Religion.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer taken unconsentingly from phargle's

1103-1105

And for absolutely no reason whatsoever, Stefan von Habsburg is excommunicated!

Meanwhile, Abydos recovers from the Byzantines looting it (because we certainly weren't the ones to do so...) and our Crusade is over! I didn't even know we were on Crusade!

And more simultaneity as Manfred von Habsburg comes of age and a forestry is completed at the same time!

For Manfred, a depressed bastard, we look to Knud Svendson Knytling's granddaughter.

While we wait for the answer, we build a tile-factory in Abydos, which is a pretty rich province if the numbers don't lie...

Oluf Knytling accepts.

Which is very good for us! Needless to say, she's our Spy Mistress now.

Burning Bald Man is back again, saying that Stefan has to pay the rest of his allowance to the Pope for the next ten years so that he can stop being an excommunicated child.

Meanwhile, amazingly, the Emperor of Byzantium creates the County of Achaia for his son! This opens up the option of possibly gaining the province through marriage, though we're going to have to wait at least 16 years for that...

And the tile-factory is complete.

Boy, those silly Knytlings, always marrying off their daughters to crazy homeless people and depressed bastards! Just what will they come up with next? I'm asking you a question here. Just what will they come up with next? Answer me! ANSWER ME, DAMN YOU! Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 07-10-2007 at 06:31.

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

A lucky break there with the creation of that county. Whats with the surprise excommunication?

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Don't Answer Silly Questions...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Silly Pope, all that prestige down the tubes for a mere fistful of Ducats!

Soon Achaia will join the cool kids club, and shortly thereafter the Imperium Alphabeticus

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401
    And more simultaneity as Manfred von Habsburg comes of age and a forestry is completed at the same time!
    A coincidence? I think not.
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

Is elective law still in force in Byzantium? If not, would it be against house rules to inherit the Empire?

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by JimboIX
    Is elective law still in force in Byzantium? If not, would it be against house rules to inherit the Empire?
    Yes, it would, since that would involve inheriting a massive number of provinces out of order.
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Bloody Pope always interfering in your business, and this time he even takes all your money away… that is just evil. Well let us hope he will stop bullying you now that he has got all that money…
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

AARlander

A quantum leap.

1106-1109

And while we're breezing through the game-months waiting for the allowance debt to be paid and for something important to happen, something unimportant happens, namely, one of our allies fighting an obscure shiekdom on the other side of the world. I accept.

Which gains us this strange fellow.

Abu-Hammer of Albedo-Dorsal or whatever his name is called. On another note, it looks like the trend started by my very own Berthold of Aargau is spreading even to very faraway lands!

Aww, that's really cute. Isn't that just precious?

Normally I'd tell this guy to get lost, but the prospect of adding a high-stewardship court member is intriguing.

Ow. I just paid my debt, too. Now we're back in debt...

For this? SIX stewardship!? The game ripped me off!

Well, at least now Stefan can marry his oldest sister off to the highest bidder for a bump in prestige. Being a kid Count must rock!

And we already profit off of crazy-man! We have at least one more male dynasty-member in the pipeline thanks to him, and three more lump sums of prestige!

Whoa. Abydos is more advanced than I thought!

I'd post something about how cute Albedo-Dorsal is for sending a 70-man regiment a thousand miles just to besiege Aargau, but who cares about that? We have missile technology! Missiles! What strongest stone fortress, what mighty formation of knights, what great empire will stand against us after we barrage them with a barrage of friggin' Peacekeepers? This is the Middle Ages! A single Scud alone can take out half an army and frighten the rest into a rout! That's it, I'm declaring war on every kingdom, sultanate, and tribe in Europe and North Africa, and I'm going to win! Come back next time for the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 07-10-2007 at 06:54.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 48 73 ... LastLast