• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One step ahead.

Chapter 1: Abauj

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer stolen blatantly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1086-1087

ScreenSave176.jpg

Now he recovers! Well, too late, of Aargau! I already sold my daughter for prestige and 33 ducats!

ScreenSave177.jpg

Gee, thanks. At this rate I can annex the province in 4199.

ScreenSave179.jpg

Phase 2 complete!

ScreenSave180.jpg

The foolish fool! He was far too busy being foolish to realize what marrying his daughter to my dynasty would entail!

ScreenSave181.jpg

With Abauj set to be annexed by inheritance, we look far away to Abkhazia, the next in line. We're far off prestige-wise.

ScreenSave183.jpg

It's too risky. He'd better wait for the Marshal to arrive.

ScreenSave184.jpg

Ah, but it turned out he was the Marshal! Wait, didn't this happen already before?

ScreenSave185.jpg

Good thing we had a backup Goseck.

ScreenSave186.jpg

Those English sure love sailing in our lake.

ScreenSave187.jpg

Wow, the Kingdom of Georgia is huge! It'll be a nightmare fighting them! Hopefully their current war with all those Muslim powers cuts them down rather than letting them expand more...

Will this AAR actually get around to being able to annex Salzburg or will it never break out of the 'A's? Just what is the next Phase after Phase 2 and just how bloody long willi t take? How many Englishmen does it take to clog up the Bodensee? Will we actually have to fight that gigantic Kingdom of Georgia or will anonymous4401 find a way around it?? Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
I love the interchangeable Goseck's. Looks like Abauj is almost conquered, that's great...on to Abkhazia..good luck there.

The only way you are going to get the prestige is to fight every boar your can.

Now you just hope Wilhelm survives to adulthood. Claims to Salzburg and via Fredrich to Anhalt and St Gallen (is that under S or G?) so at least you have made some more progress.

I am sure King Henry thinks he's somewhere in England.

If you actually do take over any counties that will be a bonus. I am enjoying this AAR.

Last edited:
HUZZAH! Two phases down and erm...erm many to go. Soon Abkhazia will quiver in their boots (admittedly from laughter, but quivering nonetheless).

Ayeshteni

Heh, well I am sure that claim will be eventually useful.

Perhaps the English will lend you their boats so that you can get to Abkhazia all the swifter?

Yeah, the second phase is near to be complete. Now you can annex your first county, and the hard work for the next county will begin…

Real Men Don't Need Any Of Those Devilish English Landboats! :D

Hajnal's poison womb keeps on killing my heirs.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer stolen blatantly from phargle's

1087-1088

ScreenSave189.jpg

What? What a gyp! The warranty had better cover this!

ScreenSave192.jpg

Though it's not his son that died, Berthold is the realm's steward, which means that he has to be the one to process the son-warranty. I'd be stressed too, those things are complicated!

ScreenSave194.jpg

The warranty kicks in, but unfortunately, the folks in charge got it wrong. Lousy bureaucrats.

ScreenSave195.jpg

They mixed it up, giving me a bastard of Werner instead of a son of Otto and Hajnal.

ScreenSave196.jpg

Realizing their mistake, another replacement son was placed on his way to delivery, this time to the correct line. They let me keep the bastard.

ScreenSave197.jpg

Those fellows do not look very pleasant.

ScreenSave198.jpg

It's just back and forth with you, isn't it, of Aargau?

ScreenSave199.jpg

They could sail that lake, I guess, and join all those Englishmen.

ScreenSave200.jpg

Sure, this Court of Justice does the opposite of what buildings are supposed to do, that is, losing me money instead of making me more. But I hear that it helps to root out those annoying crime buildings.

ScreenSave201.jpg

And the replacement arrives. Hopefully I won't have to make use of this one's warranty.

Will Berthold of Aargau actually do anything besides get older and fatter? Will we see Aargauans sailing that odd lake with the Englishmen and also every other army that decides to walk across Europe ever, for some reason? When will this Thieves' Guild go away? Just what will void a warranty on an heir? Kicking? Catapulting? Dangling it dangerously over a balcony with its face covered? Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
I dare not imagine the form-filling that warranty requires!

I'll bet Berthold got stressed. All these bastard sons just dying, form to fill ion and all those folk in Aargau off to the lake to watch those silly English sail around a lake. Folks away from home so much, not surprising a Thieves Guild formed to take advantage. Stress, it's enough to give a man ulcers!

Werner should marry again, some nice heiress from Abkhazia. Berthold would have to put the spymaster on it.

This new boy had better not get near any fighting.

The first claimgrab.

1089-1089

ScreenSave205.jpg

What? It's almost broken straight out of the box!

ScreenSave207.jpg

Not again! What's with these defective products?

ScreenSave209.jpg

The warranty got processed pretty fast. Only three weeks. The company apologized profusely. I tell them that this is their last chance.

ScreenSave211.jpg

What's this? A bearded bastard son-of-a-Count asking for a female Goseck's hand in marriage?

ScreenSave193.jpg

She did have a good Intrigue score, but I already have others of that level, and I need the prestige.

ScreenSave213.jpg

Despite all that prestige-accumulation, which has been going on since the beginning of the game, we still don't have enough prestige to grab Abkhazia! Lousy King of Georgia with his high scores...

ScreenSave214.jpg

Yay, justice!

ScreenSave216.jpg

Not much remains of the Kingdom of Georgia. That's what happens when you get into a war with the Emirate of Azerbaijan, the Emirate of Arabs, and the Sultanate of Seljuk Turks at the same time!

ScreenSave218.jpg

Wait, what's this? Looks like in a time of greatest peril for his kingdom, the King of Georgia has made his lower-prestige son the Count of Abkhazia, thus lowering the prestige-price greatly!

ScreenSave219.jpg

Sweet! Now that's a price we can afford!

Will the Justice Court of Aargau succeed in rooting out the villianous Thieves' Guild League Club? Will this third son be the charm, as as they say, 'third time's the charm'? What does 'charm' mean, anyways? I don't see how that fits in there at all. Does that mean the third son will be charming? Because one can be charming while dying of a common Middle Ages malady at the age of two, trust me. But how would it work even if it wasn't meant to be taken literally? I mean- Wait, I was supposed to say something about the race to Abkhazia. What do you mean I'm running out of time and have to cut this short? Well, f Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
So after you have grabbed a claim on the county, how do you gain possession? o you send in the ghosts of your dead sons? Or the English fleet (it's been in Aargau so long it must be yours by now)?