• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
War against the English Lion... well... if you could manage to slip across Byzantium... shouldn't be a problem, methinks...

EightDeer said:
Anyone care to guess how far down the list he gets before time runs out? I'd say Real Men will be up to the S provinces in 1453.

Nah - it won't always be this slow. Once he gains a few more provinces, he'll start to build up momentum, and eventually I imagine we'll be seeing multiple provinces taken per update.

As for the ugliness, that's what you get for dropping people off of stairs.

You're really on a roll now. The next heir will be half-knytling..that might ruin everything.

Real Men Are As Ugly As An Von Habsburg And As Crazy As A Knytling... :D

There is no one ugly.

They are just difficult to look at them :D

Not only has he stolen phargle's layout, he's pinching his dynasty as well. Hapsburgs will pick up all sorts of bad habits, like inbreeding. Their stats couldn't cope!

[changed style to layout, which includes fonts and formats.]

Last edited:
I've been reading through this thread and finally reached the end, and I have to say it was a very interesting and fun read. I laughed my ass off at some of the comments you've made. Also I've learned a lot about playing the game just from seeing how you do it. The 0 army support when liege raises your troops trick saved my butt recently because Norway just wouldn't stop getting into wars and dragging me into them. Now I think I'll go read the Knud thread.

Kolibri said:
Wow I don´t remember CK being that easy.
Just grab the province you want and make peace for it.
Compare that to the recent EU3 AI peacemaking habits. :eek:

EU3 peacemaking habits? What peacemaking habits? The EU3 AI makes peace? Really? ;)

Moving up the list again with Agen.

Chapter 9: Agen

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer reorganized efficiently from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave321.jpg

Agen is ours!

ScreenSave322.jpg

The single-province count will have to agree to the terms.

ScreenSave323.jpg

Hehe the guy who took Stephen's land is also named Stephen, but the German version of Stefan instead. Silly Germans, stealing names and adding Ks and Ws and Fs and whatnot.

ScreenSave325.jpg

And to get Stefan's horrendously ugly son Hermann land as well as get vulnerable Agen out of my demesne I create the county of Agen. It's also good that I'm giving it to my heir apparent as having that high-income province back in my demesne eventually would be nice.

ScreenSave329.jpg

But let us not forget the other Hermann von Habsburg, son of Stefan, who is against all odds even UGLIER than the slightly older Hermann, and is illegitimate to boot. And even eerier is the fact that they're both ugly in completely opposite ways. While the first Hermann has tiny beady eyes, the second's are large and sickly. while the first is balding and brown-haired the second is blonde and has hair that is far too long. And their nose sizes and jawlines are at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Indeed their relationship, being so opposite yet similar in appearance, one the first in line and the other an illegitimate bastard, must have been a strange one, and I'm sure that an entire AAR could be written fleshing out their exploits alone. One could write a tome to last the ages, a deep character play of rivalry, intrigue, estrangement, and ultimately, what it really means to be a brother. Of course none of that will be happening in this AAR.

ScreenSave330.jpg

Because most likely Hermann the first will sit on his thumb in Agen for the next twenty years and then inherit, unless I do something crazy and change the laws so that Stefan's later-born children inherit instead, while Hermann the second will spend the rest of the days as a no-position courtier pumping out children whose only value will be marrying off for prestige. Really neither of their stats are too hot and I would've never given them a second glance if it wasn't for the fact that the first is Stefan's immediate heir and the second shares his name.

ScreenSave332.jpg

Heh. As if we're going to take the fight against England seriously now that we have Agen!

ScreenSave333.jpg

Why thanks, Pope!

ScreenSave334.jpg

Though invoking the peace of God requiring the ritual sacrifice of my diocese bishop seems a bit odd. Well I trust the pope-guy and if he says this is what I have to do I'll do it.

ScreenSave335.jpg

And a son is born from Stefan's union with the de Cornouaille! And though his base stats are not as high as his sisters, they're still far better than all of his half-brothers' I'm pretty sure. And looking back he has a lot of them.

Now that Agen is taken, what further crazy happenings will await the von Habsburgs? And what series of adventures that culminate into a coming-of-age tale will happen to the Hermanns von Habsburg? And how much of those will be cut out of the updates entirely to get through the years quicker as Paradox's forum settings only allow ten pictures to be inlined in a post, which is just silly as it used to be fifteen? Watch in amazement as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Real Men Get Confused With All Those Ugly Hermanns... :D

One of the lessons I've learnt so far is that, if you're going to become powerful, you're going to become ugly.

Now I know why I'm so beautiful :rofl: