• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Hapsburg generals' martial ability of 2, thus marriage is a lot safer. Where would Ck be with out all those family dramas and imponderables such as how does a 0/0/0/0 character survive and how is that 0/0/1/0 an elusiive shadow?

Ahh, the good old Hapsburg marriage policy. Works a treat.

Judas Maccabeus said:
Well, of course, she's a de Cornouaille (with the typical de Cornouaille ridiculously high diplomacy score)! Then again, she'll probably get killed in battle somehow... :wacko:

"Somehow" being the key word, here. ;)

Real Men Spend All Their Time Managing Their Court.

Chapter 9: Agen

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer reorganized efficiently from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1134-1136

ScreenSave272.jpg

I give Achaia as a Bishopric to Enrique von Habsburg because it's poor and the Greek hillmen will probably appreciate his odd facial hair.

ScreenSave274.jpg

Fertility is apparently another stat Stefan's new wife is good at. That's every stat now pretty much.

ScreenSave277.jpg

And Luitgard von Habsburg wastes a good base stewardship score by becoming some sort of diplomatic person.

ScreenSave283.jpg

Off to the prestige mines!

ScreenSave281.jpg

Just LOOK at those base stats...

ScreenSave284.jpg

And thus passes Berthold von Habsburg, leaving Stefan von Habsburg the last surviving son of Otto von Habsburg who was the only son of Werner von Habsburg who was pretty cool. Also Berthold had ten children or something including two grown daughters I sold off for prestige and two grown sons who are leaders of bishoprics. A pretty good run.

ScreenSave286.jpg

Ah a von Habsburg girl off you go

ScreenSave288.jpg

And since she turned out to be Stefan's eldest daughter I get money? Is there a way to not get anything from marrying off somebody?

ScreenSave289.jpg

Nothing like doing nothing but arranging marriages to fire up the old drive.

ScreenSave291.jpg

And Petros von Habsburg, yet another newly grown male Habsburg, marries Maria Komnenus, who had better not waste her base stewardship stat like the last two girls in my court with high base stewardship stats.

My what exciting times, with all these births and marriages of every single von Habsburg. So many exciting avenues of adventure in this core of Crusader Kings Gameplay of court management! Sadly we will take a small break from it in the next few updates to talk about the Agen thing. Yes, I know all that stuff is boring, but it is a grim necessity, as it is needed to provide context in the matrimonal adventures of the von Habsburg dynasty. Watch in amazement as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
anonymous4401 said:
And thus passes Manfred von Habsburg

erm, so Berthold is just his stripper name?
j.

Llywelyn said:
j.

You do know his full name is Berthold Manfred Leopold Franciscus Johannes Erich Ritter von Habsburg unter der Turm von Würtemberg... ;)

Arraging your family is one of the basics of the game. Even good old Nappy did it

4pxlrgo.gif

Real Men Finally Apply Fancy Titles... :D

Llywelyn said:
j.
You were mistaken. No mistake was made.

what about manfred having ten children? why mention that? :p

Last edited:
Fnuco said:
what about manfred having ten children? why mention that? :p
I do not know why you would fabricate quotes. It just seems odd to me.

If your personal demesne is too large, you will gain no gold from such activity. Suddenly there will be all sorts of things that will cost 0 gold.

Habsburgs need sons. Conquest of Agen is necessary for divine favour to sire sons - or some such reason for Stefan's lack of many sons to marry to heiresses.

Are the penalties for wasting high base scores aolways the prestige mines, or do bishoprics sometimes suffice?

anonymous4401 said:
I do not know why you would fabricate quotes. It just seems odd to me.

Wait... stripper names... mistaken identities... ten children born to one or the other...

Egads, I'm so confused! :wacko:

JimboIX said:
Are the penalties for wasting high base scores aolways the prestige mines, or do bishoprics sometimes suffice?
Pfft! Women being bishops??? 'Tis to laugh!

anonymous4401 said:
Pfft! Women being bishops??? 'Tis to laugh!

Don't be too fast to doubt it - if there's anything I have learned from CK, it's that ANYTHING is possible, no matter how hair-brained and demented it might be.

War against Agen.

Chapter 9: Agen

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer reorganized efficiently from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1136-1137

ScreenSave295.jpg

And so Hermann von Habsburg, the heir apparent to the von Habsburg throne, is ugly. UGLY. UGLY! Who would marry such an ugly man?

ScreenSave300.jpg

Why, a Knytling, of course!

ScreenSave301.jpg

Now if only this daughter had been a son and born about sixteen years earlier. Such awesome stats...

ScreenSave303.jpg

And what's this? The count of Agen, Foix, Granada and Leicester has granted Agen to his son! And since he is a Count the son became an independent vassal to the King of England. Ok.

ScreenSave305.jpg

And what's this? The Kingdom of England is at war with the Scots, and have mobilized their armies! Perhaps now they will be quite distracted?

ScreenSave306.jpg

Just like old times, the Aargauan regiment makes up the bulk of the army.

ScreenSave307.jpg

And just like recent times, Maria Komnenus wastes her high base stewardship with some sort of scheming education.

ScreenSave309.jpg

Huh, that's weird. the King of England has that few men?

ScreenSave310.jpg

Ok then.

ScreenSave314.jpg

Nothing like sieging Agen to fire up the old drive!

Yawn. Such boring trivialities of war and battle. Also it seems that every high-base-stewardship courtier I get wastes it, while I have a stable of imported 14+ diplomacy chancelloresses. Most annoying. And wow, Stefan's son sure is ugly. Watch in amazement as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited: