• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
anonymous4401 said:
The problem is, I don't think Zyriane starts in Christian hands...

I don't think anyone will have a problem with taking the last playable province...

But I think it's much more fun to stick with the original plan! Or, you could try getting titles in alphabetical order. There aren't so many Al's in the title list :D

(Edit: Ummm, there are, of course, actually more Al's in the title list. I meant non-count titles. Doh!)

Real Men Are Falling Asleep... :D

A tile-factory, well that gives you a nice little boost. And I agree no point in using gold on some silly teacher for the girl when all you need her for is marrying her away. As for the amount of pyramids in Abauj, I fear they might actually build a lot of them…

anonymous4401 said:
screensave86qz5.jpg

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see...

Ah the Event Horizon quotation. Priceless! :D
*Subscribing*

Good show, I'll probably be lurking this just as I lurk your other AARs

The death of a rival.

Chapter 1: Abauj

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer stolen blatantly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1080-1081

ScreenSave100.jpg

Woohoo! With a marriageable daughter, this means that Berthold of Aargau's line can continue! His descendants shall rise strong and rule Aargau with a glorious fist! What obstacle could possibly stop this from happening?

ScreenSave101.jpg

Oh.

ScreenSave106.jpg

She could have become the Archdeaconess of Mars for all I care, with Berthold of Aargau impotent she's going to another court where I'll never care about her again.

ScreenSave103.jpg

DO YOU SEE?

ScreenSave104.jpg

DO YOU SEE?

ScreenSave107.jpg

My old foe, Belenik Oeroesur, is dead. One less man to assassinate when the time comes, I suppose.

ScreenSave108.jpg

Well, that's nice, and- Wait, who?

ScreenSave110.jpg

Apparently I caught a refugee woman and her children fleeing from another court for some reason. This happens, and the game never informs you, too.

ScreenSave109.jpg

And if you're keeping track, that's 7 daughters in a row.

How will an of Aargau rule Aargau now? To which creepy 40-year-old man will 16-year-old Ida von Habsburg be married off to for a pittance of gold and prestige? Will these refugee-children grow into gifted ministers or will they be lousy louts whose only use will be dying and cluttering up the court? Just how many daughters will Almos Oeroesur have? Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Hope you are able to marry her away to someone that will aid in your struggle to conquer the world in alphabetical order, I presume on of the counties beginning on A would be a good choice. But I do think you have a lot of strange people in your court, it seems half of them are mad or something I wonder why…

All those lovely daughters....

Brilliant as usual. That Archdeaconess remark made me laugh.

Loved how you made a reference to Event Horizon ;)

Also if you wanted to try an AAR starting with Z, do it with the Muslim mod.

Ow my chest. please make him stop. It hurts.

Great AAR. Guess I am going to have to follow this one. Phew, close thing too, I got in just before your first conquest!

Talking of which, how's your wife? Werner's wife I mean.

Aye.

Real Men Only Have Daughters... :D

Marriage is confusing.

Chapter 1: Abauj

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer stolen blatantly from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave111.jpg

Will your prestigious spy master-man marry my daughter?

ScreenSave112.jpg

Damn.

ScreenSave114.jpg

Will your prestigious Marshal-guy marry my daughter?

ScreenSave116.jpg

Damn.

ScreenSave118.jpg

Will your moderately prestigious steward marry my daughter?

ScreenSave119.jpg

Damn.

ScreenSave120.jpg

What about this random, no-nothing courtier that just happens to have a small, nonzero amount of prestige to his name?

ScreenSave124.jpg

Still no? Wow! Just what depths will I have to sink to to find a marriage for my daughter?

ScreenSave121.jpg

Oh.

ScreenSave122.jpg

And I get paid, too. That's nice.

Yeah, I'd normally type something here with some helpful hints about the marriage system, but I haven't the dickens how the mechanics work either. And apparently the game also doesn't. Or at least the Duke of Argyll doesn't.

Just what will that crazy ol' Duke of Argyll do next? Will we ever hear of Ida von Habsburg ever again now that she has fulfilled her use of marrying a very prestigious, highly-titled man, thus earning the good ol' Count of Aargau beaucoup prestige and some cash as well? No, no we won't. Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Now go vote in the AARland Choice AwAARds. Please guys, I'm begging you. Just do it. Why aren't you doing it? :(