• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One True Faith.

Chapter 6: Adana

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer claimed unrightfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1119-1121

ScreenSave34.jpg

The progeny of Rudolf von Habsburg, now huddled refugees in Oesterreich, so far on the list. How cruel, their fate.

ScreenSave36.jpg

And a useless daughter born, if it weren't for the high martial stat. I could use her as a breeder for that down the line. Russian, too.

ScreenSave37.jpg

All right, I knew giving power to the clerics would pay off! Now to crush those heathens in... Abydos?

ScreenSave38.jpg

Nothing like putting your capital province to the sword to convert to another brand of Christianity to fire up the old drive!

ScreenSave41.jpg

Well he's all right. Diplomacy could be better.

ScreenSave42.jpg

The same burning bald guy that burned one of my marshals (or was it spymaster I don't know) a while back returns, but this time he wants to burn heathens! Hooray!

ScreenSave43.jpg

Of course more money would be nice to offset the expensive cost of burning enough peasants to convince the rest to convert.

ScreenSave44.jpg

Acre's now reduced to a fraction of its original prosperity, but at least they're not Muslim anymore!

ScreenSave51.jpg

This guy's on fire!

ScreenSave52.jpg

Three for three!

Three provinces turned to the True Catholic Faith in as many years! Now the only province in the Duchy of Abydos that isn't Catholic are those crazy Abkhazians, but who cares about them? They're no harm just sitting there with their weird Georgian culture and the largest regiment in the realm. And just what will happen to Rudolf von Habsburg's children, far away in a distant land blah blah I don't care. Recoil in horror as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
Three for three! That man really WAS on fire. A REAL Man, if I dare say so.

It's really Rudolf returning from the grave with first hand experience of hell who is inspiring the heathens to convert. He will go to Abkhazia, too. It's his soul at stake as well. Then there's a visit to the Bishop of Osterreich to explain the kidnapping of his children.

Hermann the Habsburg - it has a certain monstrous crushing quality associated with it.

On to Adana. The Hapsburgs pause for no monster.

I guess that this bald bad madman is going to become one of the most popular secondary characters of this AAR... dunno why... :rofl:

He has even appeared in my own AAR -damned be his soul!- :( :mad:

I beg to differ. No Hapsburg daughter is ever useless. Contradiction in terms. There is always someone, somewhere, no matter how remote or insignificant who wants to marry a Hapsburg lass. ;)

stnylan said:
I beg to differ. No Hapsburg daughter is ever useless. Contradiction in terms. There is always someone, somewhere, no matter how remote or insignificant who wants to marry a Hapsburg lass. ;)

And if her older sisters should have an accident befall them, they pay for the privilege!

j.

Nice set of conversation of provinces there. It seems like Real Men are Winning the Religion game :)

Real Men Never Turn To The True Faith On Eastern... :D

Wow, it had been a while since I dropped in but ... you might actually pull this off!! :eek:

In fact, by my calculations you will finish the letter A within 85.5 months, in the year 2014. Not that I'm being discouraging or anything. Oh no! No no no no no. No no nonono. Of course not. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

that was a very creepy row of smileys

We're not off on the road to Adana.

Chapter 6: Adana

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer claimed unrightfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1122-1125

ScreenSave54.jpg

A nearly irresistible wench? How can I resist?

ScreenSave55.jpg

And thus is born the second Hermann von Habsburg. Will he compete with his older brother who is also named Hermann to be Stefan's most-loved son that is named Hermann? Of course not as obviously the legitimate son that has better stats anyways will get more love.

ScreenSave56.jpg

Hehe I'm sending the Spanish von Habsburg to priest school! Get it? I need more bishops down the line, that's why.

ScreenSave57.jpg

Man this new children being born stuff is BORING. I wish I could skip it like I did all those other BORING events.

ScreenSave58.jpg

Only the Byzantines can take on a weakened child-led Muslim Kingdom that negotiated peace with a scattered 5-province Duchy and begin losing provinces in Anatolia...

ScreenSave59.jpg

Despite having a good five-child bearing record Urraca still dies in the middle of childbirth.

ScreenSave60.jpg

So I marry her von Habsburg husband to Stefan's sister-in-law because that is how I roll.

ScreenSave63.jpg

HELL NO! (also how i roll btw)

ScreenSave73.jpg

Man the saga of Abba-jammer was pretty boring. Flee to a Christian duchy a thousand miles away and hang around doing absolutely nothing until you die.

ScreenSave77.jpg

And there goes Guntram von Habsburg, the most promising von Habsburg thus far.

Waah waah waah we're not getting any closer to getting Adana. Waah waah all this stuff is boring. Waah waah waah. Recoil in horror as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
A possible Habsburg Pope...?

Interesting...

You roll well. The Hapsburgs are solid.

you roll well, but you roll slow... :nods:

Shouldn't the tag line be

Be bored to death as you read the next possibly exciting episode ...?

What's this, habsburg younglings dying? It's what you get for denying the Hospitallers a castle. I don't understand you, turning down all those free troops they'll throw at you whilst you tackle the League of AL. Next time they won't ask , nicely.

So we are back to children being born and then they die, I think you need to send a formal complaint to your insurance company about this… Let us hope that the next episode will be more interesting and that Real Men Will Do More Next Time…