• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
phargle said:
I did know about misogynist humor though. If there were any girls in this forum, Real Men Would Cower After Making Sexist Jokes.

One would think Real Men would at least be able to stand their own with Real Women, but I suppose experience shows otherwise. Bah! :p

Poor Aleppo. That's what happens when you get in the way of a Real Man and his alphabet. Just be careful not to conquer it.

Slapping Aleppo.

Chapter 11: Aintab

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer relinquished unwillfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1141-1142

ScreenSave32.jpg

Yes we are battling with Aleppo. Why? Because it's in the way.

ScreenSave33.jpg

Yes prestige nice

ScreenSave34.jpg

Meanwhile it is noted that Dobromir Cherven has died a death. The Byzantines celebrate the improvement in stability that the crowning of a Stressed, Severely Wounded Pneumoniac as the Emperor will bring

ScreenSave35.jpg

And Petros von Habsburg must have REALLY slacked off during monastery school! Finishing his education at Age 21!

ScreenSave36.jpg

Oh, and the Aleppoans are defeated.

ScreenSave37.jpg

Very defeated!

ScreenSave38.jpg

And NOW do we go to war with the unrightful holders of Aintab!

ScreenSave39.jpg

The Panty-thieves or whatever are ready for us.

ScreenSave41.jpg

Will the outcome of this battle be a nail-biting cliffhanger that will cause you to not be able to wait a minute longer for the next update to come up because you are anticipating this outcome so much?

ScreenSave42.jpg

No! Because we win, and this fact is in this update itself!

Wow, what an exciting non-cliffhanger! I bet that if it had been a cliffhanger you would all be talking about what would happen in the comments. But you aren't because there is no need to! As you can see one of the themes of this AAR is that too much knowledge can be... a bad thing... Tune in next time and see what will happen in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
The Byzantine elective law is brilliant in selecting the most incompetent individual for the job-this happens in all CK games, except those where Alexios gets elected and has the good sense to change it. I love the bit about Petros the challenged.

anonymous4401 said:

screensave39pn9.jpg

The Panty-thieves or whatever are ready for us.​

Impressive! You, as usual, making new friends :D

The result of the battle would be the one screen that did not download for me. Now you can besiege and take the province. Will Brittany be reasonable and quickly cede Aintab? How will your army cross back out again?

Chief Ragusa said:
The result of the battle would be the one screen that did not download for me. Now you can besiege and take the province. Will Brittany be reasonable and quickly cede Aintab? How will your army cross back out again?
Though I would normally not answer this to increase suspense for the next update, I feel unusually dedicated to revealing the premature truth! Brittany will be reasonable and my troops will get back out again by disbanding!

But Panty-Thieves Are Real Men. :(

Ayeshteni

Reactions:
Real Men Don't Need Cliffhangers... :D

Aintab ain't theirs no more.

Chapter 11: Aintab

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer relinquished unwillfully from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave43.jpg

Hehe. Like THAT's gonna happen.

ScreenSave44.jpg

Greedy females, always dying and taking their children with them! Why can't they leave their children?

ScreenSave45.jpg

And well that was predictable.

ScreenSave46.jpg

If it was just me against the County I must admit the peace would not come so easily. However they have the Kingdom of Germany to deal with as well.

ScreenSave47.jpg

Which is why they accept.

ScreenSave50.jpg

And the tons of BB accrued in obtaining Aintab will hopefully be offset by the appointment of the Diocese Marshal as the Bishop.

ScreenSave51.jpg

And the Diocese Marshal is replaced with another.

ScreenSave56.jpg

I also give all my money to the Duke of Brittany for peace.

ScreenSave57.jpg

Hooray!

ScreenSave58.jpg

And a look at the monetary situation!

And at last, Aintab is added! I don't know what this makes my BB but I bet it's pretty high! And it will get higher with the next updates, as I take on another Christian-owned province! Or will I? Is there perhaps a very interesting twist that will give the von Habsburgs unholy amounts of power while keeping their Alphabetical status? Or maybe you will have to wait two updates for this? Tune in next time and see what will happen in the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Last edited:
phargle said:
What is a Ute?
Indian tribe maybe? Which creates a whole other line of questions.

Let me see. Now that Ute has conveniently keeled over or fallen down the stairs prepared just in case new arrival was a resend to sender, a new wife is needed. Given the way Hapsburg luck works the Akerhaus province will be ruled by a female of marriageable age and will agree to the wedding. That tactic never works for me.

Those greedy grasping hapsburgs aren;t goingto get theuir hands on the papacy and/or become papal controller, are they?