+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9 34 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1801

Thread: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau

Stupid and without purpose Charle_88's Avatar

Real Men Excommunicate Their Problems.

Wait... oh yeah. Muslims. Uh... Never mind.
    "Good people drink good beer."
    - Hunter S Thompson

"In the begining the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
    - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    88 is my birth year. It has nothing to do with loud German politicians and sexy facial hair.

Aren't Muslims less inclined to Realm Duress unless you add some events? IOf course, as all mods are Cathars...that could be a problem. But Real Men Transcend Problems.
    Corsican Dawn: The Rise of House Obertenghi
    My CK AAR. Ever wonder what Corsica was like in 1066? No? Well now you can find out! Includes a healthy dose of bastards, saints, romance, and war. It's been called "beautiful" and "moving," though these are definitely overstatements.
    (Dead by lightning strike, but feel free to read)

Fan of the Week: 11/26/06
    I was Canonized on 8/4/2007 in Timelines
    Fellow in the Tempus Society

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Prestige mines must be a truly horrible place.
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

On the look-out for Grues... MagisterMundi's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Eugene, Oregon, United States, 107915639228865, Eugene, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysken
    Prestige mines must be a truly horrible place.
    I'm trying really, really hard to imagine it... and I'm failing.

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I am certain that the prestige mines are a wonderful place… filled with hard working slaves… I mean workers creating prestige…. Real Men really need such a mine
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Can Enjoy The Al-Jokes, But It Surely Is Getting Boring...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus
    Real Men Can Enjoy The Al-Jokes, But It Surely Is Getting Boring...
    Real Men Think That Al Anything Is Getting Boring, And Should Be Swiftly Crushed.

Real Men Drink Until Al Jokes Are Funny.
    - Hunter S Thompson

"In the begining the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
    88 is my birth year. It has nothing to do with loud German politicians and sexy facial hair.

The League of Al has anonymous4401 stymied. Took awhile, but the invincible Seljuks have stopped the Habsburgs.

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Cl...Al-ms... Ok that doesn't work.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1154-1155

I've got a critical Bible interpretation for you RIGHT HERE .|..-_-..|.

Hey remember when the Pope declared war on Medina and I wondered if it would end well? Well that was a rhetorical question for me because I already knew it would not.

Don't forget your prestige canary!

The game's about three months late with this, but you'll have to excuse him. He's a bit slow

Anyways Naples has joined in, but I predict that will only mean that Medina will control all of southern Italy instead of just North South Italy.

Wah wah baby wants a court position. Well guess what, Hermann? You were an unwanted bastard! Oh, and you're not getting that court position because your stats also suck.

TurkWatch: 1155. They are at war with what I assume are two Christian minor counties east of the Caspian or something. Anyways all it will mean is that they increase their power just a little more.

Anyways I have extra prestige so let's spend

spend

spend!

You might be wondering why I am bothering to spend prestige points on titles I will not even get to claim for about seventy years or possibly never when I will manage to take those Muslim Al provinces, but then I have to wonder why you bother to buy things when you are going to die eventually. Yeah. Not only was my logic ironclad there but it was also perfectly appropriate to this AAR. Take that, you doubters! Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Real Men Do Doubt Anonymous 4401.
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Real Men Are Getting Desperate...

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Real Men Don't Wonder About Spending or Not. They Just Spend.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (7) [Actualizado 01/08/2014]

It's a huge disappointment if a ruler dies with any prestige, all the better you spare them that.
    Corsican Dawn: The Rise of House Obertenghi
    My CK AAR. Ever wonder what Corsica was like in 1066? No? Well now you can find out! Includes a healthy dose of bastards, saints, romance, and war. It's been called "beautiful" and "moving," though these are definitely overstatements.
    (Dead by lightning strike, but feel free to read)

Fan of the Week: 11/26/06
    I was Canonized on 8/4/2007 in Timelines
    Fellow in the Tempus Society

Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to get all the A provs before being allowed to take B provs, etc. It would still be alphabetically, just not as strict. Funny how both of your liegi? have realm duress, shame you can't make the Sultan of Seljuks your liege.

Real Men Know That If Your Ruler Dies As Anything Less Than One Of The Most Despised People In Christendom, You've Wasted Your Prestige.

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Heirs Al Made, Not Born.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1155-1156

And so I make Johann von Habsburg, the fourth son of Stefan or something, a Count. Seriously Stefan has a ton of children.

This is because Johann has much better stats than both Hermann the Ugly and Hermann the Ugly and Whiny, which are the first two in line to inherit Stefan. And to give Johann the inheritance I will have to de-Primogeniture myself.

Of course one county isn't exactly enough, so I give another. As you can see Salic Consanguinity is the best inheritance law, as you can practically pick and choose among your children who should inherit.

And voila.

Of course if Johann inherits that means that Agen, despite being ruled by a von Habsburg, will be highly unlikely to ever come under my direct rule again, and Hermann the Ugly von Habsburg will go off to create his own branch of the von Habsburg line, just like Petros von Habsburg did in Al Amarah. Though it's not Hermann's stats that are valuable but rather the 3.20-base income of Agen! Really this failed attempt was the only way to prevent that. Alas.

Hermann the Ugly and Whiny takes his whininess to the next level!

I knew it! He has taken up residence in the court of Eberhard Haggis-propeller , son of Hartmann the Guy That Took More Than A Thousand Ducats From Me and my least loyal count! Surely there he will plot a devious plot of a thousand poisoned daggers, to take from Stefan Duke of Abydos what he views to be his rightful claim! Well let it come, Hermann! I will be prepared and turn your plot back on you in the mightiest of reversals of fortune!

Unless of course you flee back to my court six months later for some reason.

TurkWatch: 1156. Still insurmountable. However they are once again at war with Tabaristan. But it's not the Shiekdom of Tabaristan!

No, it's the independent County of Tabaristan, ruled by a Byzantine Arcruni! Explain that one, you CK wizards!

Seriously, explain that one. Because I have absolutely no idea. I don't even see how that is possible. The last time I looked at the province of Tabaristan, it was just incorporated into the personal demesne of the King of Seljuk Jerks. Heh. Seljuk Jerks. I should use that again later. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

- Hunter S Thompson

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Real Men Are Avoiding The Real Problems... The Ones In Yellow...

The Seljuk acquired the county in which Arcunii was a courtier, acquired him along with the county and then decided to get rid of him and give his troops some exercise.

You're only outnumbered by under 7-1, now. Almost few enough to risk a smash and grab raid on the Al's you need and make peace with the Sultan for all your treasury.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9 34 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 84 ... LastLast