+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 8 33 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1801

Thread: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau

On the look-out for Grues... MagisterMundi's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Eugene, Oregon, United States, 107915639228865, Eugene, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysken
    Trying to cover up the truth is not what Real Men do.
    Real Men Do Not Cover Up The Truth - Real Men Make The Truth.

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Al-imony.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

The Pope has decided to go to war with the Emirate of Medina. I wonder how this will end.

Also I declare war on those Arab states on the Persian Gulf now, so that the Byzantines can get them too.

Since they'll make short work of what's left of the Emirate of Arabs I decide to get the most from it as I can.

Unfortunately they decline, because on the same day they decided to give their entire treasure to the County of Shirvan instead, a one-province independent county of poor Armenians led by a drunk Russian exile!

And the job of Spy Master/Mistress goes to a von Habsburg!

Since I don't want to lose her, let's marry her to the man who she replaced, in some sort of twisted breeding experiment that will ignore the fact that the jobless husband will have to come home each day to look into the face of the person that cost his job!

See the Aegean Islands were chugging along being a nice, friendly part of the Byzantine Empire until a woman rose to its throne. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Wow, good thing I caught this! Wouldn't it have been embarassing if I had lost Abkhazia? Too bad the game doesn't message you when a siege starts in one of your provs...

Oh well. The Welsh Marshal was looking for some blood anyways!

And he got it.

Well the Aegeans are frustrating. See the plan was to let the Byzantines annex the whole Emirate of Arabia so that they'll be that much stronger for the showdown with the Seljuks. And by that much stronger I mean they'll be able to distract the Seljuks long enough for me to take my provs and beg and beg and beg for peace. But the AI will undoubtedly spend the next several decades not knowing how to handle the civil war that will come of the realm duress that was triggered by the Aegean Islands seceding WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN? Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401

Since I don't want to lose her, let's marry her to the man who she replaced, in some sort of twisted breeding experiment that will ignore the fact that the jobless husband will have to come home each day to look into the face of the person that cost his job!
    So cruel... so charming

Real Men Are Real Sobs, sometimes
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (7) [Actualizado 01/08/2014]

Drunk Russians know that money is very important and Real men were ill served in not getting the diplomat off sooner.You never know the ai may actually stomp all over the Aegean. Why don't the Seljuks suffer from realm duress?

Turkwatch?
    Corsican Dawn: The Rise of House Obertenghi
    My CK AAR. Ever wonder what Corsica was like in 1066? No? Well now you can find out! Includes a healthy dose of bastards, saints, romance, and war. It's been called "beautiful" and "moving," though these are definitely overstatements.
    (Dead by lightning strike, but feel free to read)

Fan of the Week: 11/26/06
    I was Canonized on 8/4/2007 in Timelines
    Fellow in the Tempus Society

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Finally found Jehanne's chastity belt! But can't get the key in.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401

Wow, good thing I caught this! Wouldn't it have been embarassing if I had lost Abkhazia? Too bad the game doesn't message you when a siege starts in one of your provs...

And he got it.

Wow. The Muslims lost more men than they had in the province. methinks the Welshman killed a couple of extras for fun.

Aye.
    "I Have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephan Hawkings

Owner of a Golden Phoenix cookie! Extremely Proud owner of a BiB cookie! I also have a very special Johan cookie as well
    Owner of 7 2Coaties
    "Why not? The primary causes for union are, thankfully, long gone. So why are we hanging on to it? For the sake of sentimentality? An uncertain economic argument that's easily dismissed? Nah. Go forth, Scots. All power to your elbow. You'll take the oil and we'll take the nukes, and we'll be in Brussels afore ye. And so on." - Rabid Bogling

Stupid and without purpose Charle_88's Avatar

Welsh Longbowmen - So extraordinarily awesome, they'll kill more enemies than there are on the battlefield.
    "Good people drink good beer."
    - Hunter S Thompson

"In the begining the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
    - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    88 is my birth year. It has nothing to do with loud German politicians and sexy facial hair.

Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Charle_88
    Welsh Longbowmen - So extraordinarily awesome, they'll kill more enemies than there are on the battlefield.
    Makes sense to me...

Stupid and without purpose Charle_88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagisterMundi
    Makes sense to me...
    Flurries of arrows aren't exactley known for their... discrimination, so to say.
    "Good people drink good beer."
    - Hunter S Thompson

"In the begining the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
    - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    88 is my birth year. It has nothing to do with loud German politicians and sexy facial hair.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries

nyl

Real Men Shouldn't Spend Too Much Time Preparing Anymore...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Quote Originally Posted by Charle_88
    Flurries of arrows aren't exactley known for their... discrimination, so to say.
    Not generally. And Welsh longbows were powerful enough that they very might have managed to kill a few of the opposing soldiers twice.

AARlander

Al is going against me.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's

1152-1153

Yawn. Tell me when it happens to a courtier of mine whose name I can pronounce, and maybe then I'll care. Seriously, I won't even try.

WOMAN COURTIER EDUCATION BAD HIGH STEWARDSHIP WASTE BASE SCORE SUBSTANDARD AAAAAAGGGG

Okay okay! Now I care! Now I care!

The Sheikdom of Tabaristan rebels against their Seljuk masters. And since the Seljuks can they immediately mobilize ten times the amount of men the Tabaristanis could ever hope for. And their undefeatability is not affected.

Hee hee. Just because I can.

Also my BB dropped to zero. Can't let that happen! Not as long as I must take advantage of my 1000+ piety!

And that!

Hehe. Ffraid died of her pneumonia at the age of twenty-five. Heh.

Lousy fairweather Welshman. I give you a base-.60 province full of sand and angry Arabs and this is how you treat me? Just because I grabbed a bunch of claims?

Ugh I already have enough Illusive Shadows. Why couldn't you have been Midas Touched or something? Oh yeah it's because I NEVER GET A MIDAS TOUCHED COURTIER WITH HIGH STEWARDSHIP EVER

NEVER EVER EVER NOPE. NOT EVEN ONCE. I BET THOSE TABARISTAN GUYS WILL JUST FALL OVER AND DIE WHEN THE SELJUKS COME TOO. ALSO MY WELSHMAN WILL LEAVE ME AND STEFAN WILL BE INHERITED BY HERMANN THE UGLY AND POOR-STATTED. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 20-07-2007 at 07:34.

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

I think you are underestimating the impact of the Tabaristanis...

"Steppe Faces" Portrait Pack: New, made-from-scratch portrait/flavor sets for the Cumans/Kipchaks, Pechenegs, and Seljuk Turks Here, as part of Crackdtoothgrin's Graphical Goodies. (Not up to date.)

Renegade Face Builder: Indian, Persian, and Turkish portrait packs.

Personal art site here: http://crackdtoothgrin.designbinder.com.

Well, things should move relatively quick post Al-Bichri, perhaps now that they're distratcted they won't notice you taking it..but somehow I think they can multitask.
    Corsican Dawn: The Rise of House Obertenghi
    My CK AAR. Ever wonder what Corsica was like in 1066? No? Well now you can find out! Includes a healthy dose of bastards, saints, romance, and war. It's been called "beautiful" and "moving," though these are definitely overstatements.
    (Dead by lightning strike, but feel free to read)

Fan of the Week: 11/26/06
    I was Canonized on 8/4/2007 in Timelines
    Fellow in the Tempus Society

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Real Men Want Action! And Seats With Beverage Holders, But Mainly Action!
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Well.... BORING! BOO!
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

I'm always astounded by the terrible stats your courtiers tend to have. Your best always seem... mediocre compared to the ones I usually get...

AARlander

Al step back.

1153-1154

Go Tabaristanis! Survive!...

Off to the Prestige Mines with you!

Yeah because I sure didn't like having that extra 10% gold in that province, and at 1000+ piety I really needed 25 more!

At this point the Emirate of Arabs is in the Ukraine so why not.

Meanwhile Y-man Cynfyn is replaced by his son Arthfael, thus robbing me of a Diocese Bishop but getting me a more loyal Count of Al Alamayn.

Oh yeah? Well from now on EVERYBODY will be born into serfdom! Take that, peasants of Adrianople!

TurkWatch 1154: Reabsorbed Tabaristan with nary a difficulty.

I found out that I can raise an army and if the province they're on has enough roads they can just sit there at 0 upkeep and have no attrition! So I'm building roads what of it.

Oh look the Emperor of Byzantium has Realm Duress.

As does the Emperor of Germany.

Why can't the Emperor of Seljuk Turks have Realm Duress? Huh? Huh? And it's not like I can wait until the Emperor dies and is replaced by a new one that doesn't have Realm Duress, as that new guy will be me! So I have to get out of Dodge while my chances of having a liege strong enough to distract the Seljuks ever diminishes. Yeah it really looks like I'm gonna have to wait for the Mongols, which is in about seventy years. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

Since the vassals happily join the Seljuks in war, wouldn´t Beywatch be a better title then Turkwatch?

Real Men need to find a Bey or three to assasinate whose successor is the Sultan or take out the competent diplomats in the Sultan's court.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 8 33 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 83 ... LastLast