+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 32 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1801

Thread: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

The Emperor has misunderstood something I think, this is no way to act against fellow players. But now that he can fight for you why not declare on the evil Turks? Real Men should just close their eyes and DO IT!
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

On the look-out for Grues... MagisterMundi's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Eugene, Oregon, United States, 107915639228865, Eugene, Oregon
    Real Men Don't Need Teams - Nor Sufficient Armies.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401

Very well. My new Steward is Hugo von Habsburg, Stefan's nephew and husband to my Spy Mistress!
    Let me guess... the BSO of this AAR is "We are family", perhaps?
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (8) [Actualizado 01/09/2014]

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Excitement Al around.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1150-1151

La dee da da, going to a shrunken Poland to find a wife for Ernst von Habsburg...

And the child-count of Al 'Aqabah makes peace, which is really nice because then I don't have to worry about that lousy province!

Ah well, it could be worse.

And now we know where my 331 ducats went.

TurkWatch: 1151: The Seljuk Turks have added Mesopotamia to their domains, thus making them slightly more undefeatable than they already were! (Which is completely)

Oh no Stefan can't get sick ;_;

Well at least he's healthy enough to move his army to Hama!

Oh yeah there was another reason for marrying Stefan to Juliana Torchitino besides her great stats and her nubile teenage body. She was also one of the older daughters of her father, the Count of Arborea, which meant that any son she bore would be next in line for the Countship! That way I could plan long-term to inherit the province when it was next on the list! However with Al Bichri it looks like it will be a long time before it's next on the list anyway.

All right BenMuman off you go back to your homeland of Wales. Yes it's Wales not some remote Central European province I promise you now go

Meanwhile Stefan's army goes to battle against the Arab! I bet this exciting fight will be a cliffhanger!

Okay seriously? A battle where the enemy is outnumbered 10-1 is supposed to be a cliffhanger? Just what is this AAR trying to pull? Is it even trying anymore? This is just ridiculous and I won't stand for it! Just how gullible does this author think we are? Really now! That's it man. I quit. I quit this AAR. It's an insult to the readers to call something with an outcome so obvious a 'cliffhanger'. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Hate Cliffhangers, Especially Bad Ones...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

After you have defeatedthe Arabs for which they will pay handsomely, Aaarhgau or the D o A (Duke of Abydos not dead on arrival) will be able to pay to be restored to health - faith-healers, don't you just love them? - and start assasinating various Seljuk appanages until the realm falls apart.

I'm not surprised Stefan is sick, he was making such fine progress towards his gaols and now look at him, about to throw his valiant warriors to a suicidal death.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus
    Real Men Hate Cliffhangers, Especially Bad Ones...
    Let's hope that something doesn't turnb bad and he gots defeated.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.

WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (8) [Actualizado 01/09/2014]

Wow! i just read it all keep up the good work!

Can you show whos next in line after this duke there are so many deaths and births im a bit confused?

I think your only real option is to wade in, if Real Men can't succeed, real men die trying.
    Corsican Dawn: The Rise of House Obertenghi
    My CK AAR. Ever wonder what Corsica was like in 1066? No? Well now you can find out! Includes a healthy dose of bastards, saints, romance, and war. It's been called "beautiful" and "moving," though these are definitely overstatements.
    (Dead by lightning strike, but feel free to read)

Fan of the Week: 11/26/06
    I was Canonized on 8/4/2007 in Timelines
    Fellow in the Tempus Society

AARlander

It's Al Wonderful Life.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1151-1152

Haha! In the middle of the battle I take Stefan's army out of Hasa! I bet you didn't expect that, READERS.

Now those Tripolitan dudes will have to fight it out themselves!

Meanwhile the Abydosans go to Tell Bashir! Why would they do such a crazy thing?

Sorry Hama, but the 25 piety I lose for making peace with you is certainly worth more than 17 ducats! Well I do have over a thousand piety already but whatevs.

Every time a marshal with a tiny regiment takes a province with the mysterious aid of a larger one, a duke gets his wings. That's right, that's right. Attaboy, Stefan.

New Spymaster! This one's almost as good as Dublemna Dunkel was, and the latest in the trend of Irish and Welsh immigrants taking all our jobs!

Ernst! I didn't send you to the army to laze around! I sent you to become a Brilliant Strategist or whatever they have there so that you can lead my armies instead of the Martial Clerics I scrape up!

Hehe. An Arab Catholic is now the independent count of Crete.

Hehe. I bet 'Ffraid' is 'afraid' to die of her pneumonia, which in medieval times was a long, protracted, and painful affair that ended in complete and agonizing misery!

And now we have TurkWatch: 1152. Note that the Byzantines have managed to annex all those Arab statelets in the Caucuses, which is what I was hoping for from the start.

I bet lovable ol' Ernst von Habsburg starred in his own movie called Ernst Goes To Army Camp which details his formative years of not becoming a Knowledgeable Tactician and perfecting the perfect thumbs-up through endless practice. And guess what will be a sequel to that movie, Ernst? That's right, Ernst Fails To Become Even A Historical Footnote As His Low-Martial-Rating Self Gets Completely Forgotten As Another Faceless Male Von Habsburg By Both The Player And The Readers! It will be direct-to-video. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

AARlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Santa
    Can you show whos next in line after this duke there are so many deaths and births im a bit confused?
    Hermann the Ugly is first in line.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboIX
    I think your only real option is to wade in, if Real Men can't succeed, real men die trying.
    No real men wait until the Il-Khanate arrives. It's called being opportunist!

And it's quite disturbing how few people have voted in the AARland Choice AwAARds, or even read the AARlander. This makes me quite sad.

Blog Entries
    From the last update I see that the Selucids have 6,000 soldiers less than in the previous chapter. So, cheer up, Brian! In 20 years you'll be at odds with them, if they keep this pace

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner
    From the last update I see that the Selucids have 6,000 soldiers less than in the previous chapter. So, cheer up, Brian! In 20 years you'll be at odds with them, if they keep this pace
    Time-travelling Selucids? I thought time-travelling was a different AAR. anew line for real Men: When in trouble, Real Men bring other historical armies to fight for them. Selucids declare war on the Seljuks a case of the same land, different time, declaring war on itself. The idea brought a gleam to my eyes.

[The Selucids are named for the Macedonian General of Alexander who took and kept most of the conquests in Asia. His successors proceeded to lose chunks of it until Pompey ended their last remnant in Syria and added it to Rome.]

Ernst plaintive cry, "I wanted to be a steward. I 've never had the faintest clue which end of a sword to hold."

Blog Entries
    Er... you got me...

Ernst movies are pretty awesome....can you even imagine how much better they would be with inbred Hapsburgs starring?
    Corsican Dawn: The Rise of House Obertenghi
    My CK AAR. Ever wonder what Corsica was like in 1066? No? Well now you can find out! Includes a healthy dose of bastards, saints, romance, and war. It's been called "beautiful" and "moving," though these are definitely overstatements.
    (Dead by lightning strike, but feel free to read)

Fan of the Week: 11/26/06
    I was Canonized on 8/4/2007 in Timelines
    Fellow in the Tempus Society

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Can Take It Al...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hehe. I bet 'Ffraid' is 'afraid' to die of her marriage, which in medieval times was a long, protracted, and painful affair that ended in complete and agonizing misery!
    You really should check these things before you post them. You can't expect me to always fix them for you.
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

AARlander

Shows how much you know, Dyskman! Ffraid was never married in her short and painful life as that would have either required me wasting a male von Habsburg on her low base-stats, or a foreigner asking for a choleric girl's hand in marriage!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Shows how much you know, Dyskman! Ffraid was never married in her short and painful life as that would have either required me wasting a male von Habsburg on her low base-stats, or a foreigner asking for a choleric girl's hand in marriage!
    Trying to cover up the truth is not what Real Men do.
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 32 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 82 ... LastLast