+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau

On the look-out for Grues... MagisterMundi's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Eugene, Oregon, United States, 107915639228865, Eugene, Oregon
    I imagine the horribly low troop number is only what he can mobilize - I don't think it takes into account what's already mobilized. Either that, or that war with Scotland really wiped out the English troop base...

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    War against the English Lion... well... if you could manage to slip across Byzantium... shouldn't be a problem, methinks...
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: Crisis [Actualizado 25/10/2014]

74 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter Wizard

Anyone care to guess how far down the list he gets before time runs out? I'd say Real Men will be up to the S provinces in 1453.
    An AAR: The Very Secret Diaries of the Roman Emperors (CK) - abandoned
    A guide: Artifacts, Knights, Ladies, Skills and Traits Guide for King Arthur the Roleplaying Wargame
    A project: LibrAARian of the Knights of Honor LibrAARy - Updated 11th Sep 2011
    View my profile on Backloggery!

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionDeus VultEU3 Complete
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Blog Entries
    Go to the B's, then you get Bern connected, this will increase your Swiss Army extremely! Go Go Go!
    http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/01/...fear-of-china/

Interesting read to all those having had enough of pre-fabricated western media stories..

Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by EightDeer
    Anyone care to guess how far down the list he gets before time runs out? I'd say Real Men will be up to the S provinces in 1453.
    Nah - it won't always be this slow. Once he gains a few more provinces, he'll start to build up momentum, and eventually I imagine we'll be seeing multiple provinces taken per update.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

As for the ugliness, that's what you get for dropping people off of stairs.
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

You're really on a roll now. The next heir will be half-knytling..that might ruin everything.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Are As Ugly As An Von Habsburg And As Crazy As A Knytling...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Blog Entries
    There is no one ugly.

They are just difficult to look at them
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.

WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: Crisis [Actualizado 25/10/2014]

Quote Originally Posted by Dysken
    As for the ugliness, that's what you get for dropping people off of stairs.
    How dare you say that, and undermine the single most useful policy he has ever implemented?

For shame!

Not only has he stolen phargle's layout, he's pinching his dynasty as well. Hapsburgs will pick up all sorts of bad habits, like inbreeding. Their stats couldn't cope!

[changed style to layout, which includes fonts and formats.]
    Last edited by Chief Ragusa; 15-05-2007 at 00:35.

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

He hasn't stolen phargle's style, just his layout.
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401
    (All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer assigned uncaringly from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))
    No he has stolen everything by his own admission.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 11th September Through adversity, to the sea(plane).

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Critical Realisitic Security Advice! News! Hangovers! Just another day in Bratislava for T&T. Updated 14th September.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Quote Originally Posted by El Pip
    No he has stolen everything by his own admission.
    Shamelessly, at that.

I've been reading through this thread and finally reached the end, and I have to say it was a very interesting and fun read. I laughed my ass off at some of the comments you've made. Also I've learned a lot about playing the game just from seeing how you do it. The 0 army support when liege raises your troops trick saved my butt recently because Norway just wouldn't stop getting into wars and dragging me into them. Now I think I'll go read the Knud thread.

Vogonian poet
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Wow I don´t remember CK being that easy.
    Just grab the province you want and make peace for it.
    Compare that to the recent EU3 AI peacemaking habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolibri
    Wow I don´t remember CK being that easy.
    Just grab the province you want and make peace for it.
    Compare that to the recent EU3 AI peacemaking habits.
    EU3 peacemaking habits? What peacemaking habits? The EU3 AI makes peace? Really?

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Moving up the list again with Agen.

Chapter 9: Agen

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer reorganized efficiently from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

Agen is ours!

The single-province count will have to agree to the terms.

Hehe the guy who took Stephen's land is also named Stephen, but the German version of Stefan instead. Silly Germans, stealing names and adding Ks and Ws and Fs and whatnot.

And to get Stefan's horrendously ugly son Hermann land as well as get vulnerable Agen out of my demesne I create the county of Agen. It's also good that I'm giving it to my heir apparent as having that high-income province back in my demesne eventually would be nice.

But let us not forget the other Hermann von Habsburg, son of Stefan, who is against all odds even UGLIER than the slightly older Hermann, and is illegitimate to boot. And even eerier is the fact that they're both ugly in completely opposite ways. While the first Hermann has tiny beady eyes, the second's are large and sickly. while the first is balding and brown-haired the second is blonde and has hair that is far too long. And their nose sizes and jawlines are at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Indeed their relationship, being so opposite yet similar in appearance, one the first in line and the other an illegitimate bastard, must have been a strange one, and I'm sure that an entire AAR could be written fleshing out their exploits alone. One could write a tome to last the ages, a deep character play of rivalry, intrigue, estrangement, and ultimately, what it really means to be a brother. Of course none of that will be happening in this AAR.

Because most likely Hermann the first will sit on his thumb in Agen for the next twenty years and then inherit, unless I do something crazy and change the laws so that Stefan's later-born children inherit instead, while Hermann the second will spend the rest of the days as a no-position courtier pumping out children whose only value will be marrying off for prestige. Really neither of their stats are too hot and I would've never given them a second glance if it wasn't for the fact that the first is Stefan's immediate heir and the second shares his name.

Heh. As if we're going to take the fight against England seriously now that we have Agen!

Why thanks, Pope!

Though invoking the peace of God requiring the ritual sacrifice of my diocese bishop seems a bit odd. Well I trust the pope-guy and if he says this is what I have to do I'll do it.

And a son is born from Stefan's union with the de Cornouaille! And though his base stats are not as high as his sisters, they're still far better than all of his half-brothers' I'm pretty sure. And looking back he has a lot of them.

Now that Agen is taken, what further crazy happenings will await the von Habsburgs? And what series of adventures that culminate into a coming-of-age tale will happen to the Hermanns von Habsburg? And how much of those will be cut out of the updates entirely to get through the years quicker as Paradox's forum settings only allow ten pictures to be inlined in a post, which is just silly as it used to be fifteen? Watch in amazement as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 06-06-2007 at 06:13.
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Get Confused With All Those Ugly Hermanns...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Blog Entries
    One of the lessons I've learnt so far is that, if you're going to become powerful, you're going to become ugly.

Now I know why I'm so beautiful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 67 ... LastLast