• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
fasquardon said:
I wouldn't mind joining a game to play right through until HoI2DD... And if I'm understanding the timing discussions, then I'm free at the right times (Saturday 4pm BST). Have you room for another player?

Something I'd quite like to try is playing a completely non-deterministic game. Where, for example, instead of moving on to the next game when you reach date X, you moved on when some country reached an important goal, like maxed out on the tech tree. And countries would just get random events (well, maybe events could also be made as AAR rewards...) What do people think?

fasquardon
Welcome :).

I don't know about this, but depending on how tech spreading and discovery is more unpredictable than in other Paradox games, you maybe will discover all of them in 1350 or you may never discover them. I don't knoe about this, but we should let the other players voice their thoughts about what you proposed.

rsobota said:
Welcome :).

I don't know about this, but depending on how tech spreading and discovery is more unpredictable than in other Paradox games, you maybe will discover all of them in 1350 or you may never discover them. I don't knoe about this, but we should let the other players voice their thoughts about what you proposed.

Hmm, got a point. Maybe this' an idea that would work better for EU2 and Vicky.

When will the first session be? Or has that yet to be decided?

And does it matter what order you install the mods you're using? And are the tag changes in IP2b compatible with the graphics mods of BOPACK?

fasquardon

We are using BOPACK, SMACK and IP2 all together. They work fine. And the first session will be Saturday, 5 PM Central European Time. Check your clock and adjust yourself for timezone differences ;).

So which character_health event file are you using 1.5's or SMACK's?

fasquardon

fasquardon said:
So which character_health event file are you using 1.5's or SMACK's?

fasquardon
I'm using the 1.05 file, it seems the SMACK one is a bit buggy. However, you made a good point, is somewhere here using a different file?

It seems 1.5 duplicates a few other events found in SMACK, such as the add_trait events and the injury_events.

fasquardon

EDIT: I wasn't using the hotfix, which may have had a thing or two to do with the last couple of posts.

Last edited:
fasquardon said:
It seems 1.5 duplicates a few other events found in SMACK, such as the add_trait events and the injury_events.

fasquardon

EDIT: I wasn't using the hotfix, which may have had a thing or two to do with the last couple of posts.
jordakelf posted a nice hotfix which updates and fixes some bugs in SMACK now that Solmyr seems to lack the time to do this. Check it in the Uploads forum.

rsobota said:
jordakelf posted a nice hotfix which updates and fixes some bugs in SMACK now that Solmyr seems to lack the time to do this. Check it in the Uploads forum.

Found it thanks.

I'm using the Western Arabs mod and DivineShadow's Muslim & Pagan factions mod. I get the impression this shouldn't hinder multiplay with people without these mods though. Please correct me if I'm wrong though...

I also have a few mods that I've made myself that I play with in single player. Both pretty basic.

In court_events.txt I've deleted events 6217, 6218, 6219, 6228, 6229, 6230 - those are the ones that nerf your hard-won Kwisatz Haderach types.

I've also edited provinceimprovements.txt to allow you to build things wherever you like - just 'cause I like lots of palaces and greening the deserts y'understand.

I'm happy to play without these. But if others are interested, I'm sure I can find some webspace so people can download 'em.

fasquardon

I think we should use the Kwisatz Haderach events. Everything else leads to extensive breeding, and I don't like that. It would the game even more unrealistic, as soon all would have 20/15/15/15 stats characters.

CSK said:
I think we should use the Kwisatz Haderach events. Everything else leads to extensive breeding, and I don't like that. It would the game even more unrealistic, as soon all would have 20/15/15/15 stats characters.

I'd argue that arbitrary nerfing events are even more unrealistic.

fasquardon

Then again, you know what happens when you breed, so you usually don't do it in first place. One could argue that it should rather work with possibilities and happen also earlier, but not always later, but this would create an even more random outcome to the game.

There was no such thing as breeding for stats in middle ages, so it shouldn't be in CK. I know that it works that way, and fear the only way to prevent it is this event.

CSK said:
Then again, you know what happens when you breed, so you usually don't do it in first place. One could argue that it should rather work with possibilities and happen also earlier, but not always later, but this would create an even more random outcome to the game.

There was no such thing as breeding for stats in middle ages, so it shouldn't be in CK. I know that it works that way, and fear the only way to prevent it is this event.

All good points... Like I say, I'm happy enough to try it with those events, after all, they'll be effecting all of the players.

fasquardon

Can I join in the fun?
I've uninstalled CK (heresy!) so i'll have to download all those thingies but if the time is still 5 CET (4 GMT) then i'm game.
Have you guys decided on what type of starting power for the players(county, duchy, etc)?
I could see, if we are a small group, a interesting game in which all belong to the same kingdom but each with a county, for example England or Germany.

Cheers

Welcome aboard then, it seems that everyone will decide at the time the game starts, but it will most likely be medium or minor duchies, like Barcelona or Kuma. And you have an interesting proposal, let the others voice their comments over it. But IMHO counties are very weak and don't make for a fun gameplay, with a few exceptions.

A link to SMACK (with the latest hotfix), BOPACK and IP2b on the first post would be sweet. ;)

Ganso said:
A link to SMACK (with the latest hotfix), BOPACK and IP2b on the first post would be sweet. ;)
Why don't I have such obvious ideas at the first moment :rolleyes:? Thanks :).

AAARRRGGHHHHH. My landlady just called me and said I have to be out of the apartmenet on Saturday evening, not Sunday morning. Therefore, I won't be able to play this Saturday, with all the packing and moving to do. :( :( :(

I hope you guys manage to start it off, and I'll join you from the second session.

This might sound noobish but here it goes:
I've got CK installed (1.05)... so, what should I install first or is the same, SMACK (with the latest hotfix), BOPACK or IP2b?

Edit: I went ahead and installed SMACK and IP2b but i'm having some trouble downloading the BOPACK.

Last edited:
Right click on the BOPACK links and choose Save Target As. This will solve your problems, and you should install IP2b before all, then you can choose to install BOPACK or SMACK first. Notice that both of them have a file called modtext, which one of them will install first depending on your choice. So, supposing that you install SMACK first, you will have to append all the text in the modtext file of BOPACK to that you've already installed, the SMACK modtext file. Do you understand? This modtext file has all the text that appears in the ingame event, and you should always open it with Notepad to prevent errors.

Sorry, Shuma. We will decide what to do, but probably we will have to start without you.