• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shuma said:
Good luck with the new game guys! I can't join you this Saturday for sure, for I am traveling home to see my parents a bit, but I'll think about it for the future.
Well, you could tell me which Duchy you want to play and I sub (play) for you the first session. I'll be nothing more than a perm sub this game anyway.

I can make it this weekend. I'll take whichever duchy that could survive several straight weeks of being AI'd (I'm really clueless about the French duchies).

[Ganso] I've tried vicky and every time I start it up to play I just get confused and overwhelmed, I'm going to have to take a week and focus playing just vicky and hopefully then I'll understand. Seems fun though.

I can make it on Saturday but what time does it start? Also I wouldn't mind playing either Burgandy or Anjou. Don't know the french duchies so well But those two are the ones I'm leaning towards.
Plus we should have a rule about civil wars that they can only go on for a certain amount of time then both sides have to make peace no matter the outcome, and of course you can only have them very so often ;) .
Hmm.. as for the name of the game I don't mind Fas' suggestions, but I'll throw some in for varieties sake:

The War for frogs and cheese

Toads and frogs unite!

So French you can taste the crunch

I'm not a very funny person and I never said I was one so :)

Empyrean said:
[Ganso] I've tried vicky and every time I start it up to play I just get confused and overwhelmed, I'm going to have to take a week and focus playing just vicky and hopefully then I'll understand. Seems fun though.

Vicky's overwhelming at first and just mastering the basics of the game takes about as long as it takes to play through any other non-Paradox game on the market (talk about getting your money's worth!). There are several good tutorial guides on the VickyWiki (just google it) that make up for the lack of an in-game tutorial. If you stick with it, you may find it to be the best Paradox game you've ever played. Right now it's a toss-up between Vicky and HOI2 for me. Just be sure to get the Ricky add-on - it cuts down on enormously on the micromanagement.

Game time is 1000 CST.

Manstein16 said:
Just be sure to get the Ricky add-on - it cuts down on enormously on the micromanagement.

Ya got a link for that?

Manstein16 said:
Game time is 1000 CST.

Which means 16:00 (4.00PM) GMT. :)

[Manstein16] Yeah I just never had time checking the wiki out as I've been playing ck and eu2 for the past weeks. But I'll most likely look into it soon.

At 1000 CST cool I'll be able to then. Oh and thanks Ganso Since I forget what the different time zones in USA are all the time. seeing as I'm GMT+1
much easier to understand. couldn't of asked for a better time. :D

Ganso said:
Ya got a link for that?
By "Ricky" I meant Victoria: Revolutions; sorry, I keep forgetting I'm not on the Victoria boards :rolleyes: It's on Gamersgate for something like $10. Well worth it if you ask me. The game's worth having just for the capitalist overhaul and extra gamespan (giving you the opportunity to use the albeit flawed exporter to continue in Doomsday).

We still on for tomorrow? Someone should create a new thread for it.

;)

Victoria certainly takes a while to learn... I've only just mastered the art of controlling large empires in it (my favorite game so far is my Abysinnia game, where I controlled the entirety of Africa - that one really taught me how to use the ledger to reduce micro managing...) and I bought the game as soon as it came out in the U.K. Still waiting for them to bring out a CD copy of Ricky though... :(

I like "So French you can taste the crunch" also thought of another name... "Frogwar 1066"

fasquardon

[Melle] Well I think we have enough dukes to go around. So you should be able to play tomorrow. Again I'm not a math wiz and might be wrong :) .

As for me I made my mind I would like to play Anjou. As long as another duke might be able to uhm... kill him so the brother can take over for a price of course ;)