• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CSK said:
With restrictions towards crusading, Polotsk could be reasonable. There are of course some other very interesting ones. I think I'll try Alania (I think that's the right one, that up north of Georgia) again.

Hmm.. you sure about that? If rsobota plays munster or catalonia, and I'm somewhere in France... you are the whole world away :)

IP2, SMACK, BOPACK sounds good to me.

I don't know yet, but I would probably be annexed by Cuman anyway. If not, it could become interesting in the game later on, as we have quite some land between us leading to stronger countries. Of course best would be to have more players.

CSK said:
So all agree on SMACK and IP2 (except IP3 shows up until monday I suppose)? What about BOPACK, rsobota?
I couldn't download BOPACK, it seems the download site is broken. All I get is an italian site with no signs of a "download" button. I think I'm doing something wrong... But can we mix SMACK, BOPACK and IP2 (or 3?) with no problems?

Has a time been agreed upon? I'm afraid I don't have a very flexible schedule (which would limit me playing on a regular basis) and about my only free time is days during the weekend (I'm CST). Everything else is pretty much book. I could probably fill in as a sub on occasion, however.

CST is the zone where, for example, Chicago is? That's 7 hours behind CET. Hmm... Well I said Monday 8 pm CET because I thought it would only be rsobota and me and that suited both of us. I'm good with all weekday nights, except Friday, and Saturday during the day, and Sunday up to 5 pm CET.

If Manstein wants in (and I'd like that) then I propose Saturday 5 PM CET, which would be Saturday 10 AM CST. However, then I wouldn't be able to play this Saturday, because I am moving to another apartment on that very day, and I got an exam on the following monday :( But maybe I could squeeze it in, dunno. But for any other Saturday, that time is great for me.

As for the mod combo, IP2 + BOPACK + SMACK works, I played the whole afternoon with it. Rsobota, on the download page for BOPACK, skip this:

BOP FORUM 0.6.3 (LINGUA ITALIANA)

and download the one beneath it:
BOPACK_EVT_ENG 0.6.3 (ENGLISH LANGUAGE)

as well as the five BOPACK_GFX_? files by right click + save target.

Also when you install both of them, watch out not to overwrite the modtext.csv files one over the other, but to merge them. It's explained in the SMACK download page. Also, don't install the SMACK pack from the beggining of the download page, but find a hotfix done by someone else that's on the second page of the thread I think. Some minor bug is fixed in it.

Great. I'll try to work out my schedule somehow, so that we can start the next Saturday! Now we gotta figure out stuff like hosting, put the DOW rules down into detail...

Shuma said:
Well suggest something :)
The title is suggestive already, but if you want, well, what about the "The Clash of Titans" :)?

All this timeone thing is leaving me confused.

Shuma said:
CST is the zone where, for example, Chicago is? That's 7 hours behind CET. Hmm... Well I said Monday 8 pm CET because I thought it would only be rsobota and me and that suited both of us. I'm good with all weekday nights, except Friday, and Saturday during the day, and Sunday up to 5 pm CET.

If Manstein wants in (and I'd like that) then I propose Saturday 5 PM CET, which would be Saturday 10 AM CST. However, then I wouldn't be able to play this Saturday, because I am moving to another apartment on that very day, and I got an exam on the following monday :( But maybe I could squeeze it in, dunno. But for any other Saturday, that time is great for me.

As for the mod combo, IP2 + BOPACK + SMACK works, I played the whole afternoon with it. Rsobota, on the download page for BOPACK, skip this:

BOP FORUM 0.6.3 (LINGUA ITALIANA)

and download the one beneath it:
BOPACK_EVT_ENG 0.6.3 (ENGLISH LANGUAGE)

as well as the five BOPACK_GFX_? files by right click + save target.

Also when you install both of them, watch out not to overwrite the modtext.csv files one over the other, but to merge them. It's explained in the SMACK download page. Also, don't install the SMACK pack from the beggining of the download page, but find a hotfix done by someone else that's on the second page of the thread I think. Some minor bug is fixed in it.
The problem is, I can't find where to download following the English language link.

rsobota said:
The problem is, I can't find where to download following the English language link.

Don't left click on the link and open it. Click on it with the right mouse button, and when the menu pops up select the "Save target as..." option.

Shuma said:
Don't left click on the link and open it. Click on it with the right mouse button, and when the menu pops up select the "Save target as..." option.

Thanks for the information :). Well, then we could play BOPACK. Have you discussed and set a definite time for the game already...?

I wouldn't mind joining a game to play right through until HoI2DD... And if I'm understanding the timing discussions, then I'm free at the right times (Saturday 4pm BST). Have you room for another player?

Something I'd quite like to try is playing a completely non-deterministic game. Where, for example, instead of moving on to the next game when you reach date X, you moved on when some country reached an important goal, like maxed out on the tech tree. And countries would just get random events (well, maybe events could also be made as AAR rewards...) What do people think?

fasquardon