Firstly, a disclaimer:
This pack is by CK fans for CK fans and therefore not official Paradox Interactive product alike CK 1.05 patch and as such, if you have problems with it, you should NOT start threads in Bug Reporting, but here in Public Beta. This pack may be less stable than 1.05 patch, use it at your own discretion.
Important, save games started in 1.05 should not be used with this improvement pack, as the duchy / kingdom changes can cause unexpected results in the game.
Changelist so far (01/09/06):
- Great deal of scenario analysis and fixes done by Fat (big cheers!)
- Creatable areas of duchies and kingdoms reworked, see thread for full details
- 1066 scenario adapted to the new duchies and kingdoms
- 1066: Emirate of Mallorca to use different tag
- 1066: County of Lleida to Emirate of Zaragoza
- 1066: University added to Cairo
- 1066: School and Monastery added to Salerno
- 1066: Louis de Montbéliard made count of Verdun, given claim on Upper Lorraine and made direct vassal of the king
- 1066: Monastery, Church and tech for Large Church added to Macon
- 1066: Monastery added to Capua
- 1066: Fatimids renamed to Egypt
- 1066: Kingdom of Nubia changed to Muslim emirate of Al-Maris
- 1066: Robert de Conteville realized he had two sons and his wife was a bit older
- 1066: Nizam of Seljuk Turks has been Persified
- 1066: Robert de Hauteville is now Guiscard
- 1066: Saxon lords in England have raised the flags of Rebelliousness
- 1066: Gaitelgrima of Salerno made her appearance in Apulia
- 1066: Count of Valladolid has improved his familial connections
- 1066: Some Jews have spawned in Spain
- 1066: Some new courtiers grace the county of Gelre
- 1187 scenario adapted to the new duchies and kingdoms
- 1187: Kingdom of Cilicia downgraded to duchy of Armenia Minor
- 1187: Yaroslav, count of Vyazma, made prince of Novgorod (see http://genealogy.euweb.cz/russia/rurik8.html, first D3)
- 1187: School added to Salerno
- 1187: Large and Domed Church added to Macon
- 1187: Ayyubids changed into Egypt (using FATI tag)
- 1337 scenario adapted to the new duchies and kingdoms
- 1337: Brunswick Welfs given their rightful dynasty
- 1337: Mamluks changed into Egypt (using FATI tag)
- 1337: Historical universities added to their appropriate provinces
- 1337: School added to Salerno
- 1337: Scots degraded in bow technology, English upgraded
As with 1.04-betas, unrar the pack into your Crusader Kings folder. You do need 1.05 patch before adding this on top.
As you can probably see from the changelist, I have not had time to do everything already agreed upon. Next pack should not take as long as this one to be finished however.
- Although tags have been swapped around, the country colours and CoAs have not been adjusted yet. This will not affect the gameplay beyond looking ugly in places. If you do wish to fix this for yourself before pack 2 is out, there are many modding-suave people frequenting in Scenarios and Modifications subforum who most certainly can give you pointers on how-to.