• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr Me

First Lieutenant
9 Badges
Jun 7, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
see-yourself.jpg

Although Sweden want's to believe it's a great northern lion it's still really only a kitten in 1419. Even worse, it's a kitten in a cage as it's a vassal of Denmark

kitten.jpg

Scenario: Sweden, GC
Mod: Agceep 1.42
Difficulty: Very hard, weakling
All sorts of suggestions are welcome, especially grammatical as I'm trying to improve my English.

Last edited:
A great first picture I must say. One presumes you will be guiding Sweden to its rightful place as foremost among the nations?

They really are top pics (I love cats), they say alot! :D

is there any chance you can post the actual screenies instead of using thumbnails, its just its a bit of a pain (especially ones with pop up ads for poker ;) )

stnylan said:
A great first picture I must say. One presumes you will be guiding Sweden to its rightful place as foremost among the nations?

The kitten is going to grow up to become a lion. RAWR :rofl:

They really are top pics (I love cats), they say alot!

is there any chance you can post the actual screenies instead of using thumbnails, its just its a bit of a pain (especially ones with pop up ads for poker )

Thanks, I love cats too. The thumbnail was not intentional and as you can see in the new screenie I installed EUGUFSM and a font mod.

This AAR will probably recieve a update within 24 hours from this post.

The Grand Plan

1. Invade Novgorod and grab Karelia and Kola.

2. Invade Norway and control the whole country(except Greenland)

3. Reach Infra 1 and promote all my bailiffs to tax collectors.

4. Become a more centralized and aristocratic country.

5. Grab a cot somewhere if possible.​

In the following updates I will try to reach most of these goals. Any comments?​

Last edited:
Good luck. Let's hope we see the lion rather than the...kitty. ;)

Sunzyl - Aren't most of the ugric provinces pretty poor though? I know that it's my state culture so I will grab a few when the opportunity arises anyways.

coz1 - All kitten grow up into lion's. Right? :wacko:

V1Lenin - I hope the following post's will be just as good :cool:

Grundius - The goals are to be completed in around 50 years. The importance of the goals is listed in declining order.

Mike von Bek - You got that right :D . A cot starts out in Mecklenburg but moves to Denmark's capital after a few years.

Duke of Wellington - Thanks, you and The Real Deal are the writers I'm inspired the most from.

Sunzyl - Maybe it was at the vet or something?

Sweden 1419-1449-Conquest and rebellion

Sweden 1419

Preparations for war with Novgorod were immediatly made. First I insulted Norway to make sure they didn't join the war.

Now I can finally start getting taxcollectors :)

The war versus Novgorod was pretty much a walkover...

Because of that, the peace was very favorable.

This was not a part of my plans so I let general winter fight the russian hordes. After Denmark arrived with troops they managed to get a white peace.

In 1429 I once again moved towards being a more centralized country. Then came war, now with the weak norwegians. Are you seeming some kind of pattern here? :rolleyes:

One after one their provinces fell and infrastructure 2 was reached.

I decided to not honor my military alliance with Denmark as I had already broken the vassalage with the Engelbrekt rebellion. Instead I joined Lithuania's alliance where Poland and Crimea where already members. This alliance would serve me well both for wars with the russians and for expansion in Germany.

All of Norway had already been captured so I turned my eyes on the tradecenter of Danzig when Poland declared war on the Teutonic Order.

Danzig was captured but still people weren't happy with my rule as rebellions sprung up both in Sweden and later in Finland.

YAY! :D

Karl Knutsson Bonde was killed by rebels in Wielkopolska where he had fled to avoid the unhappy people of Danzig who wanted his head on a platter. The rebellion was later found to have been financed by merchants from Danzig, all of them were of course beheaded.

In January 1449 I ordered a move toward a more aristocratic society to improved my standing with the rest of europe. This is a map of my sliders settings at the end of this session and beneath this post you can see a financial breakdown. The partisans (Snapphanar) of Småland forced the rest of the population to labor under the cruel yoke of the danish king, they joined Denmark after they had had the province under control for only a year or so.

This has been a good time for Sweden with a cot, a regular province and 3 colonies being added to the realm. All of Norway's provinces are under swedish control and will be added to Sweden by the end of the Kalmar union. The only setback was when Småland joined Denmark. When will the kalmar union end? Isn't it supposed to end when I break my vassalage to Denmark ( which I did in 1434 with the engelbrekt rebellion)?

I would like to get a reply by a moderator telling me if it's okay to split update's like this because of the high amount of pictures. If not I can edit them, just tell me.

Last edited:
No problem. There is, iirc, a 10-picture limit by post, so if you have more than 10 you do indeed need multiple posts.

On the other hand, I would say that a little editing might be appreciated by some readers or people with slower upload times! Just taking the last two pics, perhaps you could have had one screenie with just the map, and another screenie joining together both the budget window and DP window. Would cut down on redunancy and generally make things look 'cleaner' if you know what I mean.

You appear to have gotten off to a nice steady start.

This has been a good time for Sweden with a cot, a regular province and 3 colonies being added to the realm. All of Norway's provinces are under swedish control and will be added to Sweden by the end of the Kalmar union. The only setback was when Småland joined Denmark. When will the kalmar union end? Isn't it supposed to end when I break my vassalage to Denmark ( which I did in 1434 with the engelbrekt rebellion)?

It should... Even if Norway may refuse to be incorporated into Denmark.