fAARq - what is it? A FAQ for AARland.
Due to the number of threads that pop up from time to time asking general questions that always seem to arise when a newcomer joins the group, we thought it might be beneficial for AARland to have its own FAQ. The thought is to begin building the listing in another thread I will start soon. Once stickied, it will serve as a useful tool in navigating around this part of the forum. From projects to "how-to" and including links to further discussion, we will attempt to build a useful guide to newcomers and old-hat alike.
In initial discussion, I have put together a small listing of subjects to cover, and as we start to build the FAQ, I will also begin including the links pointing you in the right direction for more on the subject. First off, here is that listing:
1. "How to..." - helpful hints on deciding to write/styles/updating speed/layout
5. Hints on writing (outlines, character sheets, etc.)
7. Non-Paradox AARs
8. Multi-Author/Collaborative AARs
9. "What is it?" - short descriptions of the features of AARland including librAARies, SolAARium, Awards, newsletters and other initiatives
10. Starting an initiative in AARland
I encourage anyone and everyone to feel free to offer your thoughts on the structure/subjects and/or links to threads or posts you find useful for the FAQ. As information is gathered here, we will add it to the FAQ, thus keeping it up to date and as complete as possible.