• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. AI behaviour in Africa will vary from one game to another. We've seen it go both ways in our tests, and sometimes there's a long stalemate as well.

2. Properly organised and conducted naval landings are very close to the Holy Grail of AI modding... :p

I was actually the one that wrote that stuff on DAIM over at HSR forums. I'm not iranian though, just talking to some guys who are working on modding mostly thru events and build priorities. Not much more can be done with current AI it seems...

What I do wonder about is why so many people have resistance to an evented D-day so the Allies can at least get a foothold in France? Should be conditioned on English isles remaining in Allied hands of course and maybe a simple measure of naval strength comparisons so Allies who have lost 50% of their fleets vs human Germany can't conduct a large scale landing.

Given that AI has terrible difficulty making an amphibious invasion, should force human Germany to leave realistic garrisons in France. Afterall- Allies have complete choice of where to attack the coast, combined air attacks, naval bombardment, and paradrops would ensure at least a foothold. After that it's up to Germany to swarm and push them back into the sea.

Do you have any tips for the naval warfare? I allways manage to get my navies(especcially CTFs) crushed by the enemy. Doesnt matter if i play Germany or USA. I use 6 CV, 4 CA, 8 CL, 8 DD bad luck or bad composition? :( It seems that the AI in DAIM-mode uses uber-stacks with its ships...

Uber ship stacks has been around for awhile as an AI problem, from what I noticed DAIM having UK and US doing that it is much better as they usually go around in 30 ship stack commanded by at least decent admirals if not their best. If you have the more modern CAG's you might want to use your spotter admirals and also put a sub in your stack. That will give you better positioning and more modern CAG's have better range than older ones.

Naval bombers are the best way to kill carriers anyway, but in far off sea zones out of their range you can try using two CTF groups working together. The CTF you mentioned looks designed against Germans as the destroyers usually aren't needed any other time. Anyway the idea is to have 2 CTFs in adjacent seazones and when one engages the enemy fight for the minimal time unless you aren't losing much, then retreat while moving the 2nd fresh CTF in to engage. You can wear down the AI doing that, but it takes coordination and more micro maybe.

G'Kar said:
Hmm, I might have to recheck when Germany starts preparing for a late Sealion, although I thought the conditions were chosen prudent enough. When playing as the Allies, you might want not to install some DAIM AIs (e.g. for the Soviet Union) - then Germany should perform even better.

I saw that happen too in a US game I was playing. When GER attacked SOV they were horribly outnumbered (they should be off course) but my spy reports (10 spies) said they were focusing their production towards the navy and a lot of their research was spent catching up in carrier techs. Which ment that barbarossa turned into a stalemate from the beginning with GER only starting to advance slowly in '42

Last edited:
Played a few games with daim now, and it really makes the game worth playing again. But i still thinks the italy file needs some rework. First italy is still building some paratroopers, i havn't seen the AI using them yet. I played germany that game so i loaded up as italy after there first paratrooper was deployed and saw they have another one in production. I also saw that they got 3 factories in production in 41 or was it 42. Is there anyway to stop the AI from building IC so late and still have them building some in the first 2 years? Also i hope to see a new version of DAIM now that the new DD patch has arrived :) Because it is a great mod

The Italian AI is my oldest and I will overhaul it for the next DAIM. That a promise.

Spocky

That sounds pretty good. Some other suggestion: Can it be an idea for the UK not to build tanks? Since UK have to build and reaserach in alot of diffrent fields. But without tanks they can have more infantry, navel and planes. From what i have experienced they dont use tanks that well, since they dont do any large scale invasion, and tanks dont do that well in the middle of africa. When it comes to large scale invasion they still have the US armors and the US got a lot more IC to build them.

I absolutely love the latest version of the DAIM mod, indeed I went to the trouble of finally registering on these forums to thank its creators. Thank you!

In my current game, the Allies, (with me playing as the UK) are in serious bother :) with Japan running amok and the Soviets about to finally break the Germans back in europe. It's perhaps the most 'fun' I've had in Hearts of Iron since a particular German game I played in HOI 1.

In fact i think it's so good, that I'm not updating Doomsday to 1.3, till DAIM updates with it. Plus, it's too much hassle getting multiple versions of DD on one PC...

I don't know if these are DAIM related issues or not but I have a few questions.

This is my first game using DAIM & DD 1.2

Playing Japan, played fairly historical, only invaded the Chinas plus Macau and East Timor, then built up forces until DOW on Allies late 1941.

AI Germany has absolutely steamrolled SU, taking Moscow, Leningrad & Stanlingrad and threatening Baku even before winter 41.

Early 42 and Germany has kept going also taking Northern Ireland.

I kept forces on the border with SU and they seemed to have fairly big stacks on their side of the fence. Did the SU kept too many forces on my borders rather than Germany's?

I am now taking India and various islands in the Pacific and the place seems very empty. Only the Australians putting up any opposition. Haven't sighted the RN. India only has a couple of divisions. No-one even sending their air forces to attack me.

Using nofog I looked for UK forces and they seem to be mostly in Africa. UK DOWd Vichy early on. Does this lead them to devote too many forces to taking Vichy & Italian provinces in Africa or what is going on?

Another question - does DAIM work well with higher aggressiveness settings? I am using Normal setting now.

Lunatic Dreyfus said:
I absolutely love the latest version of the DAIM mod, indeed I went to the trouble of finally registering on these forums to thank its creators. Thank you!
Welcome aboard! :)

I don't have much time for DD, but there will be a DAIM for version 1.31. ;)