• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Prince Fredrick Wilhelm smiles at Freeburg. "My dear friend, I appreciate your concern for the beurocracy of my Father's realm. However, I would like to point out that our Confederation does own several ships(OOC: 5) in the harbor of VorPommerania, not to mention our merchents who also use ships. There for it is only reasonable that we employ an admiral to over see such matters. I admit he has had little to do as of late except gaurd our borders from the vicious ravagings of the Black Horde's Baltic Fleet", he laughs. "But it is a viable position, and I am glad to see that he is attempting to expand our naval interests"

The Prince goes on to socialize with other promineant Nobles.

The young Count of Stralsund aproached the young prince.

"Your Grace. I do not recall a proper meeting between us. I am glad to finaly be graced by your company. I wish to discuss what your future plans are, so I can better serve his Grace."

Hey guys,I had just skimmed over the past page in my spare time. It looks like Germany is looking for an explorer and it sent a lightbulb in me head. I tried to find a way to itroduce a potential explorer by the name of Giovanni (who is historical for that time period) He was hired by the French as a privateer during this time in history so I put a little twist and he came to the germans for a shot.
Martin is also historic in this period as he was instrumental in working on the maps of Vespucci Amerigo and naming the americas after that explorer during this time period in history.

What is not historical is the admiral, but I couldnt think of a better way to introduce the idea but he doesnt matter, Giovanni is the man we focus on here.

Ill write more as I can, just give me someplace to explore:D

Originally posted by warspite
I wont be in here that much but I will certainly try to make giovanni interesting, I am just getting back into the Italian mood with the beta of Legion now:D

Hi,

Sorry to make fun of your character but I don't even know, we have a fleet, and everybody on this thread always said, we have no fleet, we are a land power.

So poor Freeberg, he make a big mistake but I can just resist to the fun when I heard about a German Fleet Admiral.

My low excuses another time.

If you are back, welcome...

And join the fun,

OOC: Okay guys I have a confession... I'm kind of getting bored with EU for the time being. Maybe I just burnt myself out on the game, maybe it was all the annoying changes to EU2 that decreased the fun level for me, but whatever the cause, I just need a break from EU for a while and that includes a break from the AAR forum. I just wanted to let you know that I won't be posting again for a while. It's not that I don't like your AAR Daniel, I think it's great, but like I said, I'm just not very interested in EU for the time being. I'll still drop in to check out your progress from time to time however. Looks like it's really going great!

As for the later history of Dr. Martin Pollock von Mellerstadt. He continued his work to make the University of Wittenberg one of the most illustrious centers of higher learning in Europe. In 1508 he called a bright young theologian from Erfurt to come teach at the University. This man's name was Martin Luther, and in less than decade his spiritual discoveries would turn Europe upside-down. As for Dr. Pollock, he died of a stroke in 1513. Since the title Mayor of Wittenberg was not an inherited position, his family returned to his wife's holdings near Plzen in the Kingdom of Bohemia, and dropped out of German politics. Dr. Pollock was a respected man who made many contributions to the German Confederation and to the city of Wittenberg. His epitaph at the Town Church in Wittenberg reads:

"In the Year of our Lord 1513. May he rest in peace. Here lies Pollock von Mellerstadt, well known far and wide. He was a philosopher, poet, doctor, theologian, and leader - yes, father of our university. As a reformer and vice-chancellor he bore all burdens, now his spirit floats to the stars above."

If I decide to rejoin this AAR down the road I guess I'll create a new character at that point. Thanks guys, it's been fun! :cool:

Intosh,

We never said "we have no fleet." We said we shouldn't concentrate on building one, that pittiance of ships hardly constitutes more than a coastal defence force. It isn't a High Seas fleet, and building one that could patrol the sealanes would be far too expensive for us. Whether we had 0 ships right now or 10.

Tutto l'Italia piangera la sua perdita

All of Italia will mourn your "temporary" loss to the forum Gandalf, I guess now Germania will also. I can't say my presence will be much felt here but I know I enjoy reading all you write, you are one of the GREAT's

Grandinare a un Re di scrittura fra noi hail to a king of writers among us.

Giovanni bows and tips his hat to you sir.

WHAT A GAME! and now onto Legion!

Last edited:
Prince Fredrick the First of the Confederation of Northern German states looked at Italian man before him. "Now, what exactly is this about your plans to sail West? We have entertained such notions in the past, but certian members of this govenrment, in their short sightedness have denied the request. What makes your offer so differant than that of Barbarosa?"

The Prince sighed, it was a shame to loose Barbarosa, he heard that the explorer was on his way to Denmark as they spoke and if that failed, then Poland. He hoped the Giovanni man had a good argument, lord how he wanted to see goods from China. For that matter, how he wanted to see Meckleburg and most of the Hansetic league under his thumb as well.

A letter from Konrad von Liechtenstein to his wife Sophia,

31st December 1508, in Bremen

Dear Sophia, Bremen isn't a place, I wishes to spend my life, winter is very hard, cold, rainy, and I feel alone, I miss both you and my baby daughter.

The Confederation send me no more money for my embassy and I need to use our own money to pay my assistants and the diverses receptions, I organised to warm our relations with the Hanseatic merchants.

I have heard a lot of rumors about the will of our Prince to send explorer to the west, in this great ocean where Spanish and Portuguese sailors have found beautiful islands, similar to the Eden paradise. i don't know what to think about this. If we can find Gold or Silver or Spices or Chinaware, it will a good aventure. If you find only savages, it will be the lost of good ships and mens.

In fact, we should wait a little before sending any expeditions, we need to control a center of trade, where our ships will disembark their merchandises, otherwise, it will be useful.

You miss me and, I will maybe be home shortly, if the Confederation doesn't send any news or money, I will resign...

Hi,

So nothing new ???

Sorry,

Daniel, have you lost your great imagination and marvelous writing skills ?

Or maybe no more time ?

It will be horrible...

Sorry, if you have no more time, RL is really hard and boring...

See you soon, I hope.

Intosh
aka