• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, starting screenshots:

Overview of the Republic:

screensave0oc8.jpg

I have 6 infantry divisions (1936) and one Interceptor.

Technology overview:

screensave1jh2.jpg

screensave2rt3.jpg

screensave3mf4.jpg

screensave4ep3.jpg

screensave5uo5.jpg

screensave6yd3.jpg

Diplomatic overview:

screensave7ky3.jpg

I am unsure as to what to build, I'll have to have a think about it! I could do with the IC, but would I be leaving myself exposed?

(Incidentally, I prefer counters but am having 'issues' getting the game to recognise the muctom one :mad: )

What tech teams have you given yourself?

1 st - no lithuanians in goverment.
2 nd - that was pretty cheap/cheat to have your independence guaranteed by UK,France and Germany, but most of all - SU doesn't guarantee it. In my opinion interesting soliution would be this - independence guaranteed by small ones - Sweden, Finnland, Norway, Danmark, mayby even by Polland. Anyway - yuor choice. Following this one.

Yay! a Baltic AAR! Perhaps you ought to start fortifying both borders. The German border, even with a sucessfull Fall Weiss, is relatively small, so you need more troops on the Soviet border.

Will be watching.

Enclave said:
2 nd - that was pretty cheap/cheat to have your independence guaranteed by UK,France and Germany, but most of all - SU doesn't guarantee it. In my opinion interesting soliution would be this - independence guaranteed by small ones - Sweden, Finnland, Norway, Danmark, mayby even by Polland. Anyway - yuor choice. Following this one.

Why do you think that? I think maybe Germany was a stretch possibly, but not Uk/France.

The Germans would be smart to pressure you into an alliance or crush you around the same time as they'd be invading Poland -- as military access in the Baltic Republic would mean a quick route to Leningrad within Operation Barbarossa --, and the Soviets would be smart to annex you so as to not let this happen.

Actually, the former wouldn't happen, would it? As it would be dishonoring the agreement that was made noting their respective "spheres of interest"? Then again you could make things interesting, and have Germany claim the Baltic Republic as being in their sphere of interest. Better a friend to the Nazis than a slave to the Soviets, I think. Memelland mustn't be worth getting .. Communised. Besides, you'll be getting blueprints -- and possibly Lithuanian land back from Poland and collectively Baltic land back from the USSR!

I'll stop, I might be rambling. Bah, I'll be wondering about how the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact will blow over for the Baltic Republic until the update that details it! :p Good stuff.

Hmm. There are less than a million ethnic Estonians( about 1 million people with passport at that time) Surprising that Estonians make up the majority of the Office, and no lithuanians when there are 4,5 million of them :rofl: (Right now, not sure about 1936) But, we are cool, so :D
Aww, your background is my wallpaper! ;)

Strange flag :confused:

You should build some INF to man your boarder defences, as of now, you don't even have enough INF to man the Soviet and German boarders.

wait, do you begin with the EST and LIT armies but not the LAT army? :confused:
seems kind of odd :p
also, why does Tartu have fortifications? iirc, the Peipus isn't exactly crossable. ;)

I'd sugges you improve your defenses against the SU specifically, to build infantry. specifically the SU as, in only a short burst, they have the capacity to cut the Baltijas Republika in two by driving to Riga (whereas the Germans have to go the long way :p).

Lützow said:
You have to ally with Finland! I mean, we allways had such a good relations with Estonia, and I'm sure the finns buy atleast 50% of your whole liquor production, making your economy flourish! :D
Excatly! There's no better friend than Finland!

how bout this? The Baltic Republic allies itself with Germany in 1936 to counter the increasingly belligerent Soviets. But in the M-R pact, Germany throws its ally (ie B-R leaves alliance with Germany) to the wolves and takes Memel. German relations plummet (to -200). The B-R refuses to yield to the Soviets and in the winter Soviets dow Finland and B-R. This allies B-R with Finland and possibly drags Sweden in. An uneasy peace is maintained with Germany throughout.

Big question why the hack did you made forts in tartu. It has absolytly no boarder with SU. Also you should have made forts in Grondo Wilnow and Jekapils. They do have forest terane with will be easy to defend.

I did managed to compleat that x1 fort line as playing as Lithunia-Latvia-Estonia simulously only Alytus-Kaunas-Jakapils in stead. And I did managed to bring 9 LTU inf. 8 LAT inf. and 6 EST inf division. when conflict with Finns began. Thats 23 div + fort and forest terrain. I did managed to hold SU in the winter and got peace along with Finns :D Now that was interesting.

Enclave said:

Pure chance, that! I literally just bunged them all in together, and that's what came out.. I didn't check to see for an even spread :eek:o

Still, I am sure some will come in during minister changes :)

Raudsarw said:
Strange flag

It's based on the mooted flag for the occupied states during WW1 by the Germans, but with Black for Estonia, white for Latvia and yellow for Lithuania.
Also, it was easy to do :)

Myth said:
wait, do you begin with the EST and LIT armies but not the LAT army?

Yes, I didn't want to start with too big an Army - I thought it would be a bit too unrealistic.

pjrap said:
Big question why the hack did you made forts in tartu. It has absolytly no boarder with SU.

No, but it looks good on the map :) They are all only level 1 forts, incidentally.

pjrap said:
Also you should have made forts in Grondo Wilnow and Jekapils. They do have forest terane with will be easy to defend.

Yes, but that would show foresight by the Gov, who would predict the annihlation of Poland and occupation by the USSR.

Do you realize that you'll be getting a lot of baltic fans and critics. Are you sure you want to do this?

Ok, I'm kidding.

I'll be following this.

Oh and elaborate on the political system of the new republic. Any quotas to get elected? Proportional representation in parliament according to population? Are there nationalist parties or are parties based on political views, rather than nationality?

I see a hard time for you and a good AAR for us. Keep it up! ;)

Deus said:
Do you realize that you'll be getting a lot of baltic fans and critics. Are you sure you want to do this?

You know, the phrase 'can of worms' has come to mind.. :rolleyes:

For me the most obvious bug is the fact that you have basic interceptor tech researched in 1936. IIRC no other country in game has that. :D

Shouldn't your navy have a submarine flotilla also? The two latvian ones combined with the two estonian ones. Yes I know the estonian subs arrived after 1st of january 1936 but they were already purchased by then from england and should be actually in game. Not that it would make a lot of difference.

IF you are still in the beginning of the game then mod it so that Tallinn has atleast 1-2 level naval forts. We had 14" guns guarding the bay there and all.

Also, the three nations could get an armored car brigade together between themselves. There were some armored cars and tankettes both in Latvia and Estonia, not enough to form a brigade separately but together it might just be enough.

IF you are still in the beginning of the game then mod it so that Tallinn has atleast 1-2 level naval forts. We had 14" guns guarding the bay there and all.
actually, similarly with Riga, though the guns were dismantled in '38 to be used by the army.

Myth said:
actually, similarly with Riga, though the guns were dismantled in '38 to be used by the army.

Interesting, I didn't know you had 14"ers there. I had only heard of the 6" batteries guarding the mouth of the Daugava.

Fascinating. Do you have any additional info on them?