• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Karasuman - Sorry to disappoint.

stnylan - Aye, it really annoys me to leave this unfinished.

Snake IV - I might well do something along those lines so at least I can say this was finished in some way.

Grundius - Thanks, it was fun for most of the time. Actually EUIII isn't take up much time either, just general study.

So long little Theodorus and thanks for the hair products. The little republic could not inspire the same devotion as the principality. The Commitee for Truth just ran out of ideas and so we say adieu, for the moment. Who knows what a new Committee may dream, one day? Until then, sleep.

5-header.png
21 - Off Into The Sunset
5-header.png

They were a bunch of wise and sage old men. This was the image the Council of Honesty cultivated about themselves. Of course this in itself was actually dishonest for they really were nothing more than old men. But one should note that they were not accompanied by the usual old man smell thanks to the healthy level of hygiene they achieved. Of course it didn't compare to the hygiene enjoyed by the people during the long reign of Alexander but nonetheless it wasn't too bad.

When you get a bunch of old men together to rule a country for long enough they'll eventually get bored and war is inevitable. Combine that with an strong dislike of all that isn't Greek and a passionate hate for bullshit and the war is likely to be memorable.
95-war.png

This should prove to be memorable for the people

The Council of Honesty quite honestly thought that Greek supremacy would overcome. Therefore the allies were left out, surely they would be unnecessary. It quickly became apparent that things might not be so easy.
96-invaded.png

Hmmm, there's quite a few enemies aren't there?

Theodoros' army marched quickly to try to liberate their fellow Greeks from Ottoman rule. The campaign met with some success as Thessaly and Salonika were captured. But it came at a great price in lives and more importantly territory as the Spanish forces allied to the Pope laid waste to Theodoran Greece.

Times within the occupied Theodoran territories were harsh. The Spanish it seems take all their lessons in cleanliness from the Italians. They were brutal upon any perceived resistance. But the brave Greek civilian population did not take this abuse lying down.

In many areas guerilla and partisan groups waged a dirty war. Spanish soldiers were ambushed and either cleansed or executed, whatever was deemed most appropriate at the time. Even the women were in on it. As they passed patrols they would spray their shampoo into the eyes of soldiers, a bold act given the scarcity of the precious liquid.

But all in all the enemy was just too numerous.
97-toomany.png

Way too many

Eventually the Theodoran army was crushed as it lay siege to the Ottoman capital. From that point there was no recovery. All that remained of the army now were some remnants back in Doros itself. With no way of reaching the Greek lands the situation was hopeless.

Possession is nine tenths of the law and the remaining tenth is force. That left Theodoros with zero and her enemies with ten out of ten. Thus the law was laid down and it was not favourable.
98-divided.png

Greece is subdivided between Spain, Genoa and the Ottoman Empire
99-popetakeshishare.png

The Pope goes on a crusade and takes the Muslim's of Kouban

The Council of Honesty could not have failed any more. Sometimes lying really is the best policy.

So as 1605 draws to a close we find ourselves once more having to strain our eyes to spot the Little Republic That Could. It had been a valiant effort by the defiant Greeks to make the world care about them. Unfortunately for them when they showed their true colours it seemed the world cared just a bit too much. But for almost two hundred years Theodoros had enjoyed a place in the sun driven by a divine belief in hygiene. It seems the time just wasn't quite right for such thinking. But two hundred years ain't so bad, after all it's longer than the Mongol Empire lasted. And surely that's something to be proud of

The End

You quiter!

*grumble, grumble, grumble*

Ah, well. 'twas the fate of a country run by a group like the Council of Honesty.

Where can I get this map? It is made of awesome and win. Uhm... if you don't mind, could you please private message the answer to me? This thread was realyl out of my way and I probably won't run into it again for some time.

And I suppose that's the wrap-up...

Honesty - not at all the best of policies.

What version of EU2 is this...the North American version looks nothing like that...I was just curious because the map looks better...and more historical.

MyMap AGCEEP or maybe even WATK.

They make the game much better.