• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anarhco Liberal, Nobegow - Thanks, I hope you'll enjoy it all.

hurricanehunter, Deus - I know, next time I'll pick France or Spain just to make it a challenge ;)

Sir Humphrey - Good to have you along.

lilljonas - Thanks, a little at home I guess. though it shall be interesting to go from the other side.

Chief Ragusa - AGCEEP-MyMap 1.51, Very hard, Furious.

Walter Model - 1.6? Wheres that I only saw 1.51. Whats new with 1.6.

Saulta, stnylan - Thanks very much.

Coombes - Thats quite something to aim for.

SunZyl - Thanks. I added in the cores on Kaffa and Kerch, they don't seem too unreasonable to me.

EvilSanta -I hope to take it far.

billy bob -We'll see about that.

5-header.png
Chapter Two - A New Awakening
5-header.png
Now let us head back to the tip of the Crimean Peninsula to see how things are going with our favourite little nation. As the new year of 1419 dawned over Theodoros a new feeling spread across the people. Something awoke in them. No longer did they feel content to be the smallest nation in Europe, maybe even the world.

Theodoros would not be the peaceable little nation any longer. As soon as Alexis could find someone brave enough he sent them off to Genoa to declare war on the Italians.
9-thetargets.png

The Genoese targets - Kaffa and Taman

The Genoans had no defences in the Crimea, perhaps they thought their hygiene standards alone would be enough to keep attackers at bay. They were not the Theodorans swiftly laid siege to Kaffa and Taman.

After a few half-hearted attacks by the Italians the provinces were captured. But not all the news was good for little Theodoros had a very 'not yet big' treasury and the war had drained it to the last drop forcing Alexis to take out a loan to keep his men from starving. But fortunately the Milanese like all good fashion centres had no spirit for a fight and they parted with a total of 42,500 ducats in order to be at peace with mighty Theodoros. And if there's one thing Theodorans pride themselves on it's their frugalness so they immediately began saving every penny to pay off the loan.

But Alexis found himself, somewhat guiltily, quite happy. He had enjoyed being the bully. But what bully likes to play up without someone to showoff to? So it was that Theodoros joined up with the other regional bullies Poland and Lithuania. Together the three of them promptly got to work picking on nerdy little Moldavia.

Theodoros of course didn't actually want to fight Moldavia but was quite happy to sit back, laugh at the hapless Rumanians and reap the rewards. They came soon enough with Theodoros getting a small share.

Though only a small amount it had whetted Alexis' appetite. He now set his sights upon Abkhazia. Something of a loner with no muscle, an easy target. In 1424 he declared war upon them with the intention of taking their money.

The whole nation was captured easily enough.
6-abkhazia.png

Abkhazia is completely taken

But Abkhazia didn't have much money to pay up, so Alexis waited. Sooner or later they'd find the money for peace.

Then came some interesting developments along the Southern Black Sea coast. The remnants of the Roman Empire had lost their holdings in Macedonia to some despicable Italians, leaving them with only Constantinople. Suddenly Alexis saw the opportunity. An easy target + riches = war.​

Errr, whats your bb? Plus wars for money= not GOOD! Cant wait till GH comes after you. :D

Money is important for such a tiny nation as Theodoros, hopefully, you can get some from Bysans. Good luck, Duke!

Neat start to the little country that could. I see you have taken over another country only slightly bigger than Theodorus. Now you are gong after what is left of the great Byzantine Empire, which not much bigger than Abkhazia.

The progression would be Sinope and Trebizibond, followed by Georgia and then those Genoese possessions in the Aegean and Black Sea. You'll know all about the creation of the Crimean Khanate and will take steps to eradicate them in conjunction with your Polish-Lithuanian friends.

At some point your little principality will be the country that could turn into the Byzantine or Eastern Roman Empire. After you have turned all the remaining orthodox powers into your worst enemies after your little expansion, you may as well go catholic.

Nice Start, though it would've been nice had you taken more than just money from Genoa.

Fulcrumvale said:
Nice Start, though it would've been nice had you taken more than just money from Genoa.

I agree, though when I have tried Theodoros and having the expansion policy, I got beaten. Though I played with vanilla map.

Duke, are you going for annexing Byzantium or just get money from them?

Well, I have to admire the bravery to try such countries. Not too shabby so far. Good luck Duke.

Walter Model said:
I updated my siggy for you, Dukey :D
No offense Walter, but you really need to learn to comment on the AAR :p. Nice update maybe Theodoros will become the Eastern Roman Empire reborn.

Duke of Wellington said:
An easy target + riches = war.
Otherwise known as international armed robbery ;)

Another DoW AAR! Looking forward in seeing the Theodorosian Empire(That Could) span the entire Black Sea! :cool:

billy bob - Wars for money are vital in this game. I was forced to take a loan just to support my troops during the war with Genoa so I needed cash to pay it off. I'm a lot more worried about Crimea than the GH.

Saulta - Byzantium starts with a COT in this so maybe I'll get more than money ;)

Chief Ragusa - It would be interesting to turn into the Eastern Roman Empire but I'd rather avoid it since then it would just turn into a Byz game.

agung pasha - Is the bug serioud? I'd rather not restart.

Fulcrumvale - I agree, perhaps I should have taken Kaffa but in the end I really want Taman with it's COT and need warscore of more than just that province so Kaffa will be needed to get the score up. Plus when they offered me 425 ducats it seemed a pretty good deal.

SunZyl - All will be revealed int he next update :D

Anarhco Liberal - Its a possibilty but I'd rather avoid just becomnig another Byz AAR.

stnylan - Quite right but it works.

The Danish King - Thanks. Making the Black Sea a lake of Theodoros would be a good long term oal.

Walter Model - Thanks, I have to move fast at the start to get strong.

coz1 - Thanks. They are actually a very fun nation to play.

Walter Model - I'll see how things go with this as it is before I restart my game.

Duke of Wellington said:
Fulcrumvale - I agree, perhaps I should have taken Kaffa but in the end I really want Taman with it's COT and need warscore of more than just that province so Kaffa will be needed to get the score up. Plus when they offered me 425 ducats it seemed a pretty good deal.

That makes a great deal of sense; I'm too greedy and short-sighted to consider long term options like that.

I can understand your wish to keep to your story of Theodorus and not have another Byzantine AAR. If you can build up your fleet and hold Byzantium,you'll be well placed to help yourself to Genoa's possessions. Money first, before adding territory and building your fleet.

If it had ben someone elses AAR I had probably said that Theodoros is "not yet gone", and I would still not eliminate that possibility.

Good luck. :)

Oh, and don't you think that crimea would be a nice core too? I see it as realistic, at least if Taman is.