• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chief Ragusa - I was quite happy wit the result but as you say the Ottomans are going to have to be fought soon. They might be more intelligent but I still have a low opinion of them.

Soarom - Thanks, yeah those monopolies really do help :D

Snake IV - The Ottomans? Yip I'll include a big map next update.

stnylan - A wise sentiment.

badvoice - It would be a good thing to aim to export but might be tricky to get hold of a province producing it.

Very good update !

"Remember to clean your upper arms" :rofl: If there is one thing Theodorans pride themselves on it's their mastery of MS Paint (tm) ;)

Will you leave Cyprus be an independent state ? After all, they are your greek brothers, so maybe a pan-greek alliance would do ?

I just knew you were gonna call Venice a sewer. :D

great AAR, I was reading it for quite some time :)

Le Ran - Thanks, I'm not sure how to approach Cyprus yet.

Grundius - Still quite a bit of hard work to do though.

billy bob - I call it what it is ;)

Yoy21 - I've been contemplating that, maybe. Thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

szmik - Thanks, glad to have you along.

All - Apologies for the long delay in updates once again. Will do the next chapter tomorrow if possible.

Cyprus is Greek and belongs in the company of the heroes of Theodorus.

I am eagerly anticipating the day when all Greeks are united in the brotherhood of Theodorus. Then will follow the debate about moving the capital to Byzantium. This debate will be conducted in the traditional Theodoran fashion with great decorum.

5-header.png
Chapter 16 - Don't Mess With Theodoros
5-header.png

When we last left the little nation that could we saw how she had bravely fought back the Venetian crusaders of contamination to liberate once again numerous Greeks. For the everyday citizen of Theodoros these really were times to be proud of.
europeasblu.jpg

An everyday citizen dances fuelled entirely by national pride​

The next few years were peaceful and relaxed for all. But 1575 would change all that, it was a year to celebrate. For 1575 marked the centenary of Alexander's coronation. Few monarchs had ever ruled for such a period before, indeed if there was one thing Theodorans could be proud of it was the longevity of the ruler. As usual Alexander put his long life down to his extremely clean lifestyle and encouraged all Greeks to do so. A key factor in his lifestyle was diet, this now consisted entirely of purified water and thrice washed olives eaten four times daily from freshly forged silverware.
contraption.jpg
[/IMG]
Alexander's water purification machine​

Such machines and habits like fresh silverware for each meal were by no means cheap but fortunately Theodoran trade in hygiene products to Europe was booming providing all the income necessary for such a lifestyle.

Such success however began to attract envy and dislike from the lesser non-Greeks of Europe. Sebastião 'the desirer' of Portugal was the most notable such party. Fearing that the examples of Theodoran achievement arriving in his nation almost daily would show up his own inadequacies to the population he banned all Theodoran traders from entering Portugal.

Such action deprived the Theodoran merchants of income but, of course more importantly it deprived the Portuguese people of the access to cleaning supplies they so desperately required (this could be confirmed by any visitor to Lisbon with a working nose)

The Theodoran army was called upon immediately to solve the problem and soon Portugal found itself playing host to the hordes of hygiene.
74-portugal.png

Portugal is invaded swiftly​

The war made it clear to Alexander that what Sebastião lacked in cleanliness he certainly did not make up for in military ability. The war was an easy one for Theodoros with most Portuguese attacks being only pesky invasions of Greece.
75-pesky.png

The annoying rather than worrying attacks
The only notable obstacles were an invasion of Constantinople by over twenty thousand men and the sizable Portuguese navy that hampered efforts to deliver reinforcements to the army invading Portugal.

Eventually with most of mainland Portugal under Theodoran rule even Sebastião was forced to see the hopeless of his situation. A peace was concluded which Alexander thought most favourable for both nations.
76-vassalised.png

The lions of vassalisation surround Lisbon

duke of wellington said:
An everyday citizen dances fuelled entirely by national pride

What happened to the long free flowing clean hairstyle of the Theodorans? This man can't dance, can't be a true Theodoran. He's clearly a portuguese rabble rouser. Well done on vassalising Portugal. Now all you need is a province nextdoor sometime in the next 40 years.

The-Great-Dane said:
A king that rules for 100 years. . . Is that something you've done yourself or is it part of the mod?

Nice update and good too see the Theodorans winning the war.

-TGD

Alexander Gabras (or Chowra in Turkish) is the last monarch of Theodoro. He usurped the throne in 1475 with the support of his brother in law, Stephen the Great of Moldova, but ruled only a few months as later that year the fortress of Mangup was conquered by the Ottomans. Most of the family was put to the sword.
However,a branch of the dinasty had previously fled to Moscow, where they became known as the Golovin (Khovrin) family and became the hereditary treasurers of Muscovy, so rather than have an eternal Alexander, one could include the Golovin family tree in the monarch file in case Theodoro survives.
Also, an interesting idea for some succession events could be the claims of Moldova on Theodoro, as Stephen the Great was married with Alexander's sister, Maria of Mangup and his descendants could have interfered in Theodoro's internal affairs, just as Stephen did.

Cheers!!

Laur

The-Great-Dane said:
A king that rules for 100 years. . . Is that something you've done yourself or is it part of the mod?

Nice update and good too see the Theodorans winning the war.

-TGD
I do not know if it was made clear enough, but it is a result of when the nation historically disappered. As there where no more kings historically the monarch list sometimes not inculde anything more than to the historically last monarch, which result in him living forever.

Last edited:
Alexander's 100-year reign has brought cleanliness and health to nearly all the Greeks! I look forward to the final cleansing of all dirt from all of Greece.

Alexander's excellent hygiene has resulted in an extremely long life, the longest of all in the records so far. He is getting old though, and will soon pass away (I suggest adding new monarchs, a 300 year ruling Alexander is strange).

I don't know - clinical immortality is surely the end result of Theodoran hygeinicity!

Laur said:
Alexander Gabras (or Chowra in Turkish) is the last monarch of Theodoro. He usurped the throne in 1475 with the support of his brother in law, Stephen the Great of Moldova, but ruled only a few months as later that year the fortress of Mangup was conquered by the Ottomans. Most of the family was put to the sword.
However,a branch of the dinasty had previously fled to Moscow, where they became known as the Golovin (Khovrin) family and became the hereditary treasurers of Muscovy, so rather than have an eternal Alexander, one could include the Golovin family tree in the monarch file in case Theodoro survives.
Also, an interesting idea for some succession events could be the claims of Moldova on Theodoro, as Stephen the Great was married with Alexander's sister, Maria of Mangup and his descendants could have interfered in Theodoro's internal affairs, just as Stephen did.

Cheers!!

Thanks for the explanation.

Snake IV said:
I do not know if it was made clear enough, but it is a result of when the nation historically disappered. As there where no more kings historically the monarch list sometimes not inculde anything more than to the historically last monarch, which result in him living forever.

I see. I was just under the impression that a random ruler would be picked. But the same goes for Albania and Bulgaria, where the the eternal living monarch is great and is simply called "Albania" and "Bulgaria", respectively.

-TGD