• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
now i will have to read this AAR...

especially since the author stole My AAR title :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just kidding, will definitely get to reading this. :D

Duke of Wellington said:
coz1 - You learned that in a war? What on earth were you doing there?
Well, since we are linking to former AARs, I learned it in this work by Storey. :D

And congrats on 6,000 posts. That's twice as much as 3,000 and thus twice as many great comments you've given to other great writers. Well done, Duke! Very much appreciated, by many I would think! :)

Yes, congrats to 6,000 posts. Makes my 1,800 look like nothing. I remember the time I had more posts than you. That was a long time ago, for us 2005ers that is.

Excellent AAR ! It makes me wish I could buy myself EU2 and waste even more free time ;)

Now I just have to remove the image of the happy-mullet-family from my mind :eek:

coz1 - Thanks, I guess I should be thanking the writAARs who've allowed me to reach this number.

Snake IV - Thanks, I still feel like a newbie round here. We 2005ers don't have much on plenty around here :(

Le Ran - Good luck getting rid of it and thanks. Considering how good your AAR is I think that's quite a compliment.

5-header.png
Chapter 10 - Refining the art of Liberation
5-header.png

Lets return now to the not-yet-big Principality that can. Once again we find them at war with a distant country of which there is little interest. Nobody really cares about wars between idiotic Lithuanians and psychotic Baltic Knights. So I'm sure you won't mind of we focus on a much more pressing matter, Hygiene (that's with a capital H and don't you forget).

Alexander was relaxing on the balcony of his palace enjoying a salon quality shampoo and rinse while sipping on a nice '88 vintage xinomavro (red wine). But his merriment was soon shattered when he discovered dirt in his delectable drink.
handful.gif

The offending clump of dirt, it was promptly taken outside and shot
Alexander was disgusted and immediately set about cleaning up the wine industry with the establishment of a refinery in Doros to remove all impurities.
44-refinery.png

The refinery is begun, soon if there's one thing Theodorans will pride themselves on it will be the purity of their wine

Early in 1503 a distressing message arrived from Abkhazia. They referred to the Theodorans as a "fashion obsessed people more concerned over cleanliness, hair, nails and sunsets making them one very lily-livered nation". Alexander took as quite as insult because he didn't think himself at all fussed over nails. But given his status as liege over Abkhazia he found himself oddly powerless to even reprimand them.

More exciting news arrived in 1504. Hungary had declared war upon Lithuania. It was exciting because it offered Alexander a golden opportunity to free some faithful Orthodox Christians from the vile filthy grip of Catholic Hungary.
47-invade.png

Hair2.gif

Montenegro is invaded by Theodorans who marched in proudly with their fantastic hair streaming behind them.

The population of Montenegro was soon freed liberated and shampoo distributed as a token of good will. Conditioner would come later if the population remained peaceful. From their the brave Theodorans marched on into Hungary itself. They were unopposed by the Hungarians who clearly recognised the superiority of their foe.
46-intohungary.png

On into the heart of Hungary

The campaign was a great success and within a year even the capital was held by bold Theodorans. The Hungarians were desperate to get the Theodorans out of their lands lest the idea of 'bathing' and 'soap' catch on so readily accepted a peace deal in which they gave up Montenegro.
45-montenegor.png

New lands are liberated

Alexander was proud of his exploits and so were his people. They liked having a ruler willing and capable of spreading Hygiene even against all odds. But the odds were getting worse for all the latest military reviews rated Theodoros army poorly both in numbers and technology. Luckily a wealthy gentlemen made a donation to the army which succeeded in reforming it somewhat but it was only a beginning. Much more would be needed if Theodoros was to avoid being overrun in the coming years.​

Is there no alliance that can stop this Hygiene Movment? Will anyone be able to stop those warriors with long flowing perfectly groomed locks?

Are the Turks the only lovers of grease who can spread slime all over the not very big principality? All lovers of the unkempt look call on the Great Turk to go to War!

Last edited:
That's a very fragmented Empire you are collecting.

Seemingly Theodoros could not invest in researching both "Hygiene" and "Territorial coherence" doctrines ;)

Ahh...you did it...nice flowing hair. It must be that that scared the Hungarians so. :D

The Turks cannot be happy to see you messing about with their lands. They'll come after you soon, I would think.

coz1 said:
Ahh...you did it...nice flowing hair. It must be that that scared the Hungarians so. :D

The Turks cannot be happy to see you messing about with their lands. They'll come after you soon, I would think.
Seconded. How many OE cores have you taken by this point?

Hygiene must spread to all! Kill the non-believers! :D

I'm definitely enjoying this AAR. I especially like how if I don't come to this corner of the forums for a week or two I am not more than two episodes behind! (I don't know if that is a usual comment or not, but hey I like the style and frequency)