• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chief Ragusa - The nice thing about the Black sea is it's so small almost all the sea zones are quickly friendly waters.

Nobegow - I hope so.

agung pasha - Ok thanks for that. Hopefully theres no issues with it.

Snake IV - Thanks, glad to have you along. I didn't add a core on Crimea because its Tatar and Muslim.

Just caught up with this one. Great start! How are you going to wrest those provinces from Genoa though? I reckon you don't have the fleet to reach Liguria. Or was Milan the enemy alliance leader?

5-header.png
Chapter Three - Bullying
5-header.png

As we return to little Theodoros we find that it is at war. Not just any war, a war with the Roman Empire and nothing less. But don't be alarmed for the Roman Empire is not quite the power it might sound. The Empire has run itself into the ground and now faces nothing but a rising Muslim (and now Theodoran) tide.

The people of Theodoros weren't too happy with Alexis' move but when he assured them that the war was for the good of the Orthodox religion as they would take Constantinople and hold it strong they rallied around him for if there's one thing the Theodorans pride themselves on its their faith.

Theodoros' braves sons launched a bold attack upon the Roman army and despite being outnumbered and attacking off ships they beat the Romans easily. But then again what would you expect given the Romans were really just Italians by another name?

8-endofbyz.png

The end of the Empire is at hand.

Over the next year litle Theodoros' army besieged bravely and the walls of Constantinople crumbled. At this point Theodoros exercised her muscles about the Black Sea. She withdrew her armies from Abkhazia, but not before taking twenty thousand ducats as payment for the privilege. Then in a move that suddenly awakened the world to Theodoros' very existence she declared Constantinople irreversibly part of the nation.
11-byzcaptured.png

The little principality that could take Constantinople

Little Theodoros found itself not too popular. Now it was time for her to find some friends. They were quickly found in the other local bullies Lithuania and Poland. When all three bullies got together there would be no stopping them. To prove it Lithuania promptly declared war upon Muscowy. Being a loyal bully Theodoros joined in quickly, even thoguh it meant war with her large northern neighbour the Golden Horde.

War with the goldern horde? If it wouldn't be for that you have Constantinople you would have been mad.

I must say that I did not expect an update at this time of the day. Isn't it around "lower than 5":00 am in New Zealand now? :)

You are now offically the Theodoran Empire. There is still Konstantinos down in Morea and he'll liberate Constantinople from you.

Just because you couldn't have a war with Muscovy in one AAR, you start another one so you can. What is it about Muscovy that you just don't like?

Horde territory in the Caucasus your objective? I hope you fare better than Theodorus usaully does when attacked by the Horde whilst in alliance with Poland-Lithuania.

I’m not quite sure that an expansionist war against the golden horde would be a good idea at this time… bit it will make for some great AAR writing. :D

The WWII German General Modl who might very well have described someone coming from Theodorus as Theodoric after the Ostrogoth and german king of italy 5/6th centuries. He'd have some justification since the Ostrogoths (originally from Scandinavia - Gotland?) ruled a large empire from the Crimea encompassing most of the land of the Horde, Lithuania, Poland and Masovia until chased into the Roman Empire by the Huns. (In this AAR, italians, it would seem, are the non-capitalised people.)

You could use the term Theodorussian, but that would have connations with the viking Rus piratical barbarians and at at odds with the refined and culturally advanced image those of Theodorus have of themselves. (Some might argue that their recent actions hint at rather more than mere connations with the Rus.) Duke W may have considered using this term, but rejected it on this, similar or other grounds. The black death originated in the Genoese Black Sea possessions, so the reference to their hygiene standards is very black humour.

Hence, the use of Theodoran, a sort of nondescript neutral word to describe someone coming from the not yet big Principality of Theodorus. If the size of the royal guard is anything to go by, there are not many Palace officals, certainlly not one to pronounce on how to refer to someone from Theodorus. This is a problem solved as there are enough civil servants in Constantinople to run a good-sized Empire.

Duke of Wellington has shown no reluctance to self-script events in his Golden Horde AAR. Of course, they were mostly of the "Lots of Rebels and RR" kind ;)

Bold move taking Constantinople. That should see you through whatever troubles get thrown you way, hopefully.

Will take some subtle footshuffling to escape Turkish attentions. If Theodorus manages to capture the Caucasian areas whence come the Janissaries, an Event ought to be triggered to stop the Army Reforms of the Turks, possibly give the Turks a CB against Theodorus and, more positively, allow a series of Military Reforms for Theodorus.

:mad: It's Theodoran and thats it. Everyone understands what it means? Walter please stop your spamming and Sunzyl I know you're better than that please don't feed him. Right back to the serious comments.

Sunzyl - My treasury is about 600 now. Golden Horde will be quite a challenge due to their manpower which vastly overwhelms the 10K I can support.

Cecasander - Not a bad idea. First though I'm going to focus on controlling the Black Sea.

Snake IV - Not quite it was about 11:30pm at the time I posted :). There's no way I would have joined the war if only Doros was in my control.

Walter Model - They're bound to get revolts to hamper them so I will make full use of them.

Chief Ragusa - I will probably go after mainly money in this war. The Crimea is wrong religionwrong culture so not an atractive grab.

Fulcrumvale - Quite right but I had little choice in the matter if I wanted to stay in an alliance.

Chief Ragusa - That would be good for the BB.

Walter Model - I may add events in as the story progresses. I won't add them just for the sake of having events though.

stnylan - It was a move worth the risk to get a COT.

Chief Ragusa - Those would ge some good events.

Duke, what's the time difference from England to New Zealand? I was wondering where you were all 'day'. To get any of the spoils from the Golden Horde revolts, won't you need to take parts of the Caucasus, the Genoese Strongholds and perhaps Crimea/Pontic Steppe?